Pls give me your genuine thoughts on this

Pls give me your genuine thoughts on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DhKHAopx7D0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its overdue for its time in the spotlight.

i could imagine it being worn well in some outfits, i could also imagine it being the highlight of a shitty outfit. this pattern is also common in most other vans shoes.

good shoes
nothing wrong with them
a personal go to

Anyone who says they're redeemable like the two gentlemen above me are shameless contrarians and aren't being genuine

the fuck are you guys on

these are completely middle school core. ugly as fuck

Absolute shit, I wouldn't even wear them as a casual/around the house shoe.

My friend and I used to stick thumbtacks in his pair and play checkers during assemblies

theyll only come back with ska music
so never

>its overdue for its time in the spotlight

WHEN THO?

Was legit 99% about to buy these the other day. Was at the checkout and everything and changed my mind just before the cashier scanned it.

I'm still torn desu

I've seen about 15-20 of these in college in the past week after the winter break whereas I rarely remember seeing them before. The meme is official guys, they're back.

They were a cool idea at first but just became another stan smith

>You will never relive the days when you and your emo weeaboo friends would go to the mall, not buy anything at Hot Topic, clog up the manga aisle at Borders, and talk about how hyped you were about the new Kingdom Hearts game

>tfw I will never relive the days of sitting with my friend and ruthlessly making fun of everyone else even though even the emo kids had a better social life than we did

they're ok, not really my style, but i'm anticipating their comeback soon. same for other 2000s trends, included studded belts, trucker hats, and the midriff/thong combo on women

I'll kill myself before 2000s fashion comes back

P I C K I T U P
I
C
K

I
T

U
P

Looks good... on pictures

I second said notion. Grown men don't wear checkered slip ons. Ib4 someone post a celebrity rocking these

Just buy the Vans x Undercover if you really like the style. That's all the resurgence of these is a reaction to

>tfw still doing this
feels good

reminds me of a really bad time of my life :(

That sounds great

I never wore these but my family friends son has black/green ones

pick it up pick it up pick it up rudie

ah yes i too believe bringing back meme shoes but in le ironic way will somehow make them look not fucking ugly

This. Almost all the kids in my class had these in middle school, me included.

Garbage 95% of the time, but can be actually interesting/funky in highly aware fits that use it with nice brands. I've seen it a few times.

i have a pair. i think they look better going the spicoli route than in the emo direction

Yea second this.

yeah, it's a middle school shoe definitely.
although I like the chessboard meme.

Pattern looks stupid but the shoe looks good in solid black/white

they are vans originals
vans are insanely popular footwear among young people. just because you see them often doesnt mean they are a meme. kys faggot

I've had a pair, didn't last me a month, fuck vans

kek

I stopped wearing shoes with patterns on them in middle school when I grew out of the graphic tee and jean shorts that were just barely too big

i wear with fucked up black skinnys,cut at the ankle,ripped at knees.

all the kids wearing these now were 6 years old the last time they were popular

let that sink in and >endthread

Is there any shoe that looks like this that isn't Toms?

Wan't that ninja look desu

Those are awesome OP!

t. Me in 2009

Itt: brainlets that can't play chess on their shoes

this is too true desu

Despite them becoming grossly popular I fucking love em

I wore them in middle school and I haven't stopped wearing slip-on vans since (stopped getting the checkered ones though). Pic related are my current pair of beaters

preteen/10

I wear the grey ones all the time, underrated shoe t b h. Very comfy and easy to use.

Makes you look like you listen to ska-punk

>current year
>not anticipating the inevitable ska revival

youtube.com/watch?v=DhKHAopx7D0

i have the monochrome black ones as my new beaters, decent shoe overall but the checkerboard is shit

whats wrong with ska dude

if this was a white guy people would be screaming CHADCORE REEEE

Cool sole, hadn't seen that colorway. I'm with you though, been wearing either all black or all white slip-ons for the past 5 years. I still have a decent checkered pair lying around somewhere, but haven't worn them since high school.

this should go well with the rest of your juggalo outfit my ninja

>checkered slip ons
If you're looking for a shoe just buy a pair of regular vans, and if you want a slip on, there are plenty of better alternatives than this gay shit

i wouldn't personally buy them but i think when done right they can look ok. this is coming from someone that loathes streetwear btw.