Models general, Veeky Forums?

Models general, Veeky Forums?
Who here keeps up to date with the current seasons in-demand models?
Who do y'all like best, who's aesthetic do you enjoy?
>Pic relevant
This chick Romy has been fucking killing me with her look lately. She's from DNA

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/hfconfess/
youtube.com/watch?v=qXHduuKBQM4
youtube.com/watch?v=TB3KB5lX-W0
youtube.com/watch?v=aV75FYR_0xs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here she is at Dior haute couture 2017

Also been pretty taken with Marjan recently.
Thinspo's #1 good girl

Ugly face tho.

Bullshit, look at this and tell me that's ugly.

Naty Belmont, from NOUS models.
She's relatively new but I love her California Girl looks, so fucking good.
She also just signed onto Brandy Melville too, if I believe.

Love this girl's body. She's also a nice christian girl, if you look up her insta. So if y'all fall for the innocent christian girl thing, here's your girl

Was nice to see this in a Vogue mag I flipped thru earlier today.
Julia Ratner's been killin' it in this Valentino ad plus walking for Dior and shit.
Was struck by how soft her features looked, when people have been casting a lot of girls with striking features lately.

Here's her walking for Dior. FUCKING GORGEOUS.
I fucking fell for Dior's show this year. The pieces were so feminine and models were top notch.

Maartje Verhoef for Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2017

Dat gap
hnnnngggg

Here's Florine Tielman walking for Moncler Gamme Rouge S/S 2016 Paris

What a fucking good girl.

Ugh those eyes, with that dark hair and pale skin.

instagram.com/hfconfess/
what do you guys think of this account?

I always thought they posted really good and thoughtful statements about the industry and models and represented the general thoughts of everyone on stuff pretty well.
Here's a stunning picture of Marjan Jonkman for Vogue.

And their post about Blanca Padilla was spot on!
She was STUNNING in Dior2017.
My jaw seriously dropped when I saw her walk the show!

Another view of her headpiece

Eliza Ryszewska for Gucci Milan 2017
I usually don't like how Gucci makes their models look for shows- how the MUA makes them look so homely, but her beauty shone through for me.
She looks like Alice in Wonderland in this outfit!
Oh, and she's from Mango models and var. other agencies.

A much more flattering pic of her that shows of her gorgeous face.

As always they have better scenario/stagecraft than anything else. I dont see anything special in the girl you posted. The pink dress is nice but in general the head accessories are better than the fits.

Also the way you write feels like an old woman talking. Nothing wrong with this but very unusual here.

Is Alice doing FtM hrt in wonderland?

I guess you can say I type pretty old.
I used to come here a lot back in 2007-2012 and was really active.
Only recently started coming back a year ago and just started posting again even more recently.
Missed how active Veeky Forums is compared to toher forums, where you wait days for a reply sometimes.
Another stunner from Gucci @ Milan 2017.
Isabella Ridolfi

Gucci styles their models so that you look at the dress more than the model. Hell, sometimes the MUA on the models makes them look ugly af, but Gucci's always done that.
Here's Eliza w/o makeup, a natural beauty.

I don't understand why they shop this much. I know a 5'7'' model with normal face that looks like a man in her Instagram. Also agency says she is 5'9'' for some reason. If you are looking for a specific body to fit something, why in the hell the seller would be dishonest?

Kyndall Tenace.
She's a really really new model from Nous LA, and I think she's barely done any print work at all.
But her 'cute' aesthetic really got me and I've been following her insta for a while seeing if she'll ever break out or make it. Any of you guys think she has that 'model' quality?

A thing to note is ALL modelling agencies 'stretch' their model's stats/scores to make them more marketable. But usually no more than an inch! I wonder if she ever gets sent home if they're thinking they're getting a 5'9" tall slim girl and get a short 5'7"

And it's not shopping more than it is the make-up.
Here's Jesse Bloemendaal for Gucci too, and she looks homely af. She's usually very beautiful

Another stage that seems nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=qXHduuKBQM4

I have a lot of shows to watch. The last one I saw had dresses, Molly Bair and a small house in the middle of the stage. Recently I'm busy reading and learning about technique. I plan designing a witch dress inspired by medieval europe and a cowboy fit with braided hair and maybe leg wraps. The problem is that I'm not a fashion designer students, nor I know how to draw so it's gonna take a lot of time to finish this two fits.

Here's another pic of her for contrast.
Gucci always styles/make-ups the models to look kinda bad.

Dowloaded pic related to help with cosmetology's documentation but it is a bad book. They have a lot of broscience from the 80's and stupid rules.

Luckly the Medieval Tailor's Assistant is much better and shows a lot of simple dresses and hats that can be adapted to what I want to do.

Yup, Chanel always has such good themed shows!
That restaurant one where the models walked in-between the tabels of people was talked about a lot for being hella fun and engaging, while showing the collection of very well.
Here's another great Chanel show-
"Data Center Chanel"
or Chanel S/S2017
youtube.com/watch?v=TB3KB5lX-W0
Here's a picture of Romy in her Data Center Chanel outfit!

Am I the only one who is sad that there are so few decent interviews of models? If a model has a nice personality it makes me like her way more. Some of them are quite intelligent and have interesting hobbies.

Also I really wonder how it feels to be a model. Do they get constant attention outside? Did every guy in the class have a crush on them? Were the other girls envious of them?

There are a lot of forums where you can be listed as a "VIP" - and verify whether you are an "insider" of the fashion industry or a "model", etc.
Usually you can just go browse the biggest forums like fashionspot or skinnygossip and you'll see the banter in-between models

My favorite models seem to be all well mannered because I never read anything bad about them.

Here's everyone's fav
Tilda Lindstam for Tommy Hilfiger S/S2017
Wish she'd post on Insta more, everyone loved her hilarious posts.
Really, who are your faves?

you are joking right? the collection was panned by critics and the community. absolutely bland and
forgettable for couture.

this thread is creepy and reeks of insecurities. being a fan of someone for the way they pose and wear clothes. sad!

thicc calves

Here she is for the Anthropologie October 2014 Lookbook. I think I was really taken with her personality on Insta, which is why I follow her, and really hope she'll get back to posting! But I'm glad she's still getting lots of work.

follow them on instagram. a lot of the mid-tier models are carbon copies of eachother. live in a big city, post pictures of them having coffee/smoking/eating granola and they all have some rich bf.

No, I know what people said, and I know how they said it looked like her works for Valentino, but I'm saying I enjoyed the look.

Know only two IRL. First one is this 5'7'' girl and the other one is 5'9'' from college, but already retired.

The 5'7'' girl is very very skinny with a normal face and a large nose, maybe people even find her ugly. I find her attractive because she is very skinny and her face is OK to me. Tried hitting on her without success. Can't say if she gets a lot of attention these days with her huge instagram.

Second one looks like a retired model. Really 5'9'' with a good face. She eats like a pig but her age (22) is keeping her in shape. I warned her about this and tried to convince her to start exercising. Even though she had great potential god only know what happened with her in the past. The girl is very insecure for some reason. She isn't very bright, creative nor have any interesting hobby. Only a normal, insecure, plain girl with great potential but zero ambition.
>did every guy in the class have a crush on them?
No most guys were like "gonna hit on her to see what happens". I feel like I was living in another planet because the girl was 11/10 to me but just not ugly for the rest of guys. Also end up with a fat guy who cheat on her after 2 months. Truly pearls before swine.
>were the other girls envious of them?
No because she has no ass and is too tall. Also no popular bf and my college looks like an american romantic comedy where you need to be "popular".

>a lot of the mid-tier models are carbon copies of eachother. live in a big city, post pictures of them having coffee/smoking/eating granola and they all have some rich bf.

This. Genuinely don't understand the fascination with models. I'm friends with a mid tier model and she's actually pretty chill, but her Instagram persona is a total farce to look more "interesting" than she actually is. Everyone I know who is really into following models seems to do it as a way to live vicariously through them.

>what is human aesthetics appreciation?
As long as you know that looks =///////= personality it is fine. My college has at least 3 girls with model potential but nothing else. Also one of them is probably autistic and poses with weird mannerism in group pictures.

My faves.

Is it gay that I look up to male models just beacause I wantbtobbe like them?

This guy's right. I just appreciate models for their aesthetics. And I like fashion. Like, shit guys fashion and the fashion industry encompass more than just the clothes, and it's okay to be interested in all of it.
I'm seriously in love with Maria Grazia Chiuri's designs for Dior's haute couture show, even if people think it's bland. I just love the womanly elegance to it.
Here's Julie Hooman's walking for it.
I'll start posting stuff from more recent runways and shows though.

>Top Tier:
Maartje, Sasha
>Mid:
Karlie
>Shit/Joke Tier:
Cara

>shit/joke tier
>Cara
Is it just a meme to dislike her now

is it gay to have pictures saved of handsome males some which are almost nude?

Well she's pretty normal and bland for a model, and she wouldn't have gotten as big or far if she didn't have the same last name asher sister Poppy.

What did you guys think of the Gucci S/S2017 Milan show? I was kinda fucking put off by the looks except for one or two.
Like shit, I didn't get what they were going for at all with the looks. I could see how the pieces could mix and match, but as a whole they looked kinda awful
Pic is Allie Barrett walking for the show

>ugly head gear
>nice ddress
>ugly shoes

Here she is for One Mag without all that disgusting Gucci MUA.
She's actually quite the qt

Do you have examples of good MUA? Do you hate makeup at all?

What do you mean by "good"? I mean, I just didn't like that Gucci make up with the pale eyebrows/ pale skin foundation w/ pale lips. You can look at the pic with Allie and see what I mean. I think it's not flattering to her face, but someone else could like it.

Watched this show and end up liking much more than I expected.

I KNOW! I really did not understand the hate for this collection. Maybe it wasn't "couture" enough, but the dresses were sublime, light, feminine, and dreamy to me!
Here's Bara Podzimkova in it. One of my fav dresses in the show

Grace Elizabeth for MoschinoF/W 2017/18

Here the one I said

youtube.com/watch?v=aV75FYR_0xs

She's the face of VS Pink now. With this toned body I can see why. The VS Girl's always have bodies to die for.

I think she is fairly unique. I have certainly not seen anyone else like her. But I guess it's all subjective.

Sometimes on fashion forums I see people complain about the walk of the model. So what exactly makes a good walk?

What's the inspiration for this collection? It looks really... minimalistic?

Usually people don't like the VS Models for some reason, but she has such an old-school beauty to her and she's got a small enough body to do HF shows that she easily caught my eye more than the other VS Girls

Depends what the people for the show want.
Maybe they want you to walk fierce, or have a sultry step, or to have a very feminine or reserved walk.
Usually I think walks are shit when they look like they're moving uncomfortably or their walk is very jittery and you look at them and immediately think "wow that walk" instead of thinking about her outfit/look for the show.

Estella Boersma for Marc Jacobs SS17
>"Hi effay d-do you like my hair? I-its not c-c-c-cultural ap-p-propriation, you baka!"

From her actual Instagram
>about last night ~ Food and Anime

What a fucking weeaboo
>Huge TOTORO !!! おにトトロ だった!!かわいい
It's not like I wanna watch anime with her and then fuck her or anything

I'm a 5'6 male how do I get a model gf?

>model has 20k followers on instagram
>her posts only have ~500 likes and ~10 comments

Is that normal?

Also what's wrong with people on instagram? The comments couldn't be any more inane. It's like they post whatever first comes into their mind.

>5'6"
>model gf
>laughing_anime_girls.jpg

delet

im male model. ama

which agency are you signed to

Here's Katie Schmid from NEXT models.
Typical all american girl, but her hips/legs are to die for

So who exactly are those guys that get to take those backstage photographs? Fashion bloggers? Journalists? Fashion photographers?

Well-known fashion photographers that they book to shoot the show? That and some of them ask to photog the show

Do fashion photographers actually ever get to choose the models? Or only if they are super famous?

What do you mean? Like, if they're shooting an ad campaign for a brand, or just shooting models for fun, or a show? I don't know what you mean. If you're shooting an entire ad campaign you usually have funds to contact various agencies and models and see which is the right one your campaign wants/needs.
Here's the lovely Estella Boersma for Valentino

it's really ugly. looks like an impoverished child in Les Mis

fucking disgusting

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Personally I think Marjan is super cute and gorgeous, and I know she's always a thinspo good girl for everyone.

Well I have no idea how it all works. Like how are editorials made? Or ads?

Who does the company that wants to advertise contact first? Who then contacts who to bring everyone together? Who decides on the setting, clothes, models, make-up...? I know that it's a huge team effort so I wonder who coordinates everything and who has how much creative freedom.

There's no set way they're really made. If you're a photographer for a small magazine and you're asked to do an editorial all by yourself, then you'd have to contact local agencies and look at models and arrange everything yourself- from the clothing to where you're shooting. If it's bigger and you have a team, you can give your team some things to do like contact local agencies and build up model portfolios for you. This requires lots and lots of talking and emails and meetings sometimes. Like what are you specifically asking? If you're just asking- "How do fashion campaigns, ad, and print editorials get made? Who does what?" Then I don't know because it's all different for what you're doing.

is she the one shooting e-comm for ssense right now?

I haven't seen any of her pics atm on their site though

Didnt know Marjan but I like the fragility in her looks. Instagram is lack feet pictures btw.

Here's Maartje Verhoef. Since she's been in so many runway shows this year, and I can't pic one I like the most, here's a pic of her from a shoot.
Numéro February 2017
Volupté

If you lurk her insta, or fashion spot or skinnygossip you can find some.
Hell here's one I found after 30 seconds.
Damn, skinnygossip has a helluva boner for her.

Did a modeling job like 4 times. 1 time for a big company you're all familiar with for one job, and 3 other times for smaller companies in my small, ghetto city. So I don't belong but I'll answer anyway :^)

>Who here keeps up to date with the current seasons in-demand models?
Not Me
>Who do y'all like best, who's aesthetic do you enjoy?
Noam Frost, France Lachiski, Odette Pavlova
But in terms of designers my favorite aesthetic goes to: Rick's non-dumb stuff, and desu? I just mostly wear shit from Walmart. I'm a guy who did one big modeling gig in my life amongst like 30 other way more attractive human beings so I'm a minimum wage slave who gets complimented once a month. Usually not on my face, either.

Maartje's face is seriously amazing- out of this world. I always get drawn to the screen when she appears in shows or on photos.

Shit man, WalMart? Not even any thrift stores to change up your selection? I can't deal with whatever brands WalMart and the major retailers offer me.
BTW Noam Frost is fucking gorgeous

Thanks, never heard about these forums.

Why are Dutch models so great?

wow she looks worse and worse the more pics I see of her lmao

best genes in europe

tbf though average dutch girls are not as goodlooking as scandi ones

Man I really wish I could work in the fashion industry but I bet you need to have really good social skills.

Who is this?