Why is Veeky Forums so against simple fits?

Veeky Forums seems to not like basic simple fits. IMO if you have a well fitting high quality basic fit your doing better than 70% of the male population. But Veeky Forums seems to trash anything that's not super edgy, ninja, techwear, raf shit.

>Veeky Forums seems to not like basic simple fits
Have you seen the waywt threads? Nothing but basic bitches

Yeah and those fits get shit on which I think goes to OPs point

this board is fucking useless desu, only come here for the shitposts

THIS

what other websites do you recommend for actual inspo/advice etc.?

It is a well known fact that every Veeky Forums board is utterly incompetent in their own topic.

Fucking "effay" does not mean fashionable or good looking, it means something that is appealing to the majority of people on this board who are mind you tasteless teenagers, look at any fucking waywt thread or a fa meetup thread. These are the active faces of Veeky Forums. These are the people that will spend 400€ on a pair of shoes, buy shit that looks ugly and out of place on purpose, only to impress this board. Noone in their right mind will think that ANY single item designed by Rick Owens looks good, I can fucking guareantee you that.

People here will ask questions like WHAT ARE Veeky Forums FEELINGS. Give me a fucking break.
If you want to be fashionable, be fashionable outside and in practice, not fucking in theory and on a picture board.

I personally have been coming here for inspo for like 3-4 years, never participate in anything because the amount of stupidity is just ridiculous.

I also need to know this.

Just walk on the streets with a pair of open eyes, look out for japanese tourists.
Check the sticky tho.

Rick owens is a meme tho. right h-haha?

4chans idea of fashion is a meme just like the rest of the site. Anyone who falls for it is falling for a practical joke. I still browse for entertainment not advise.

Going out to a city will give plenty of inspiration.

Because everyone can do it, there's no reason to discuss it or post it.

You're not going to learn about designers and brands by looking at people.

>Noone in their right mind will think that ANY single item designed by Rick Owens looks good
How did he make all that money if nobody likes his stuff?

rick owens is good fashion, but it's not the kind of fashion you just wear out in public on a normal day
I think that's the problem with Veeky Forums, the styles look good in a bubble but they aren't practical at all

If everyone can do it why do so many people look poorly dressed all the time? It takes some insight into fashion/self image to pull off an understated look. High quality brands will give different textures and fits that will look much better than someone who doesn't know anything.

>but it's not the kind of fashion you just wear out in public on a normal day

yes. every person who buys rick owens only wears it for one occasion. lol

>why do so many people look poorly dressed all the time?
Because they don't care at all and wear cheap garbage that doesn't fit.
You don't need to be "into fashion" to match a plain shirt, chinos, belt and shoes, all you need is basic color theory and a bit of attention.
The sticky already tells you how to do that so there's really no reason to clog the board with simple and uninteresting stuff as if the actual fashion discussion isn't already kept to a minimum.

>look at any fucking waywt thread or a fa meetup thread. These are the active faces of Veeky Forums. These are the people that will spend 400€ on a pair of shoes, buy shit that looks ugly and out of place on purpose, only to impress this board
But if anything, the WAYWTs prove that Veeky Forums is poor as fuck and full of teenagers, they don't even have the money to spend 400 on sneakers.
>Noone in their right mind will think that ANY single item designed by Rick Owens looks good, I can fucking guareantee you that.
How do you figure he has managed to create one of the biggest independent designer brands around then? Really if this is what you think it just shows you are part of the problem and just plain out of touch.

Style icons like Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhaal, James Dean, etc. wear simple fits and everyone looks up to it. Being fit is more necessary to fashion than being "high fashion"

>High quality brands
like?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Norse Projects, Our Legacy, Engineered Garments, APC, CPs, the shit load of Japanese repro brands, Filson, Reigning Champ, Wings + Horns, Red Wing, Schott, Alpha Industries, etc. etc.

>IMO if you have a well fitting high quality basic fit your doing better than 70% of the male population.

Realistically? Try more like doing better than over 90% of the male population.

I think it's just well known and accepted that Veeky Forums is pretty fucking terrible at this point. Bunch of college (and high school) kids stuck on the Rick and tech ninja memes--not that they can afford that shit anyway--but people really rarely post fits so no one knows how these people really dress.

People unironically asking w2c fakes and then doing mental gymnastics to justify it. (Anyone who buys expensive designer brands is obviously a "hypebeast" spending their parents' money).

Shit on any streetwear simply because Reddit has a board devoted specifically to it, but literal threads about "ANIME CHARACTER INSPO" that are clearly not done as a joke.

For me the thing that I hate the most about Veeky Forums is that they think fashion exists in a turbo vacuum where Rick is always the right choice, streetwear is always wrong, etc. Like choosing a look based on your facial aesthetics, height, body type, personality, etc. is not what is best. I like Rick and respect him as a designer but that doesn't mean I'd wear any of his shit. It doesn't match my body or personality.

loooooooooooool
those are all complete shite

Ok name good brands

>in their right mind

Lemaire, jil sander, prada, marni, cdg, yohji, margaret howell, etc etc

You forgot Rick Owens :)

Prada is overpriced shit like Gucci/Burberry. Yohji is tech wear shit. You said name good brands that offer high quality basics that elevate it above h&m, uniqlo which I did.

xDDD

>Yohji is tech wear shit
you have just proved your ignorance

Don't forget /NATSOC/ inspo. Cringe.

You've never actually handled something from Prada in your life, you don't need to deny it, I can just tell
Also
>yohji
>techwear
lmao, don't make me laugh

I did handle a pair of made in Italy leather Prada sneakers. Which I could have bought for $120 but passed on. The leather was nice but not for $600-$800. Not even $120 for me. The design is just too gaudy and screams look at me. Look how much money I spent.

That's because they were probably 10 years old, hence being $120
Prada is anything but tacky if you actually look at their clothes, intact it's quite refined
The only thing tacky about it is when tacky people wear it
Even the "suit enthusiasts" who made the prada is shit meme over at styleforum or whatever get btfo for not having a clue what they are talking about

It was from that season and one of their mainstay sneaker styles. I work in a retail store and handie all that high end shit. Most of it, like Prada, is not worth the price to quality. I'd say a good price for those sneakers is about $250. It's just overpriced simple as that.

An in season item worth around "$600-$800" wouldn't get discounted to $120
stop pulling shit out of your ass
I highly doubt you work in a high end retail store if you lump Prada, Gucci and Burberry all in the same category, 3 brands which hardly have anything in common

It was $200 but I have a discount. Discounted because it was a return. All those brands are similar because they attract the same type of brand whores. They can't put together an outfit and are just an ensemble of different brands that scream look at me. In general they have the worst personalities as well.

We have enough political threads for any user to understand that fashion isn't the real concern on this board