Age/Occupation/Salary - College Graduate Edition

Lets get one of these threads going Veeky Forums. Also, what do currently employed fags thing of their job.

>22

>Kansas City

>Business Intelligence Analyst

>55k/yr

>Haven't started yet but it seems like a promising career.

I've been in the same IT department for the last 15 years, and fortunately I've gained the trust of all of the management to just work on what I feel like, and am given a lot of autonomy. Mostly I automate processes and build tools in Access/Excel.

>23
>medical student (MD)
> $0

>26
>Taipei
>major in physics
>$800 a yr
I have to gtfo of this shithole

>24
>Seoul, Korea
>NEET, trying to become graduate student
>none

If i dont get accepted into grad school, i think im gonna an hero off the bridge.

>20
>High School dropout
>Toronto
>Dog Walker by day Stand Up Comedian by night
>35k/yr

I need like 40k/yr to live comfy. low cost of living I

Gulf Coast
Railroad worker
~100k/yr
>I'm not a college graduate

>21
>Customer Assistant
>£15.5k
>going to Unibersity to study Business in a few months so I can maybe get a half decent career

>18
>Ann Arbor MI
>Engineering Student
>-(20,000/yr)

It'll be worth it when I'm making 80k+ straight out of engineering school, r-right?

>22
>Will not disclose
>CEO of my own company
>117000$/year

>21
>Law/Math/Econ Student
>$0 (I fucked up with immaturity earlier in life, but failing a few times shouldn't mean you give up)
>Starting a business(alcohol manufacturing)

How are you getting paid that little?

>30
>BI Analyst
>127k/year

>Pretty good. Trying to move more from the data side to the business strategy side though, so I can move into management

Forgot to add
>MS

Cool! Its good to hear that you enjoy your job. What would be some advice for someone starting in that field?

>20

>LONDON
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N

>Policymaker

>£35k

>24
>Arizona, USA
>NEET, trying to become graduate student
>none

Can you talk about your BS/MS and career progression please?

Because low salaries and I am unemployed for 11 months, can't find a job.Got back with parents.Taiwanese employer are all the same backstabbing lying assholes, they want you to know who the fuck you are more than doing the real job.You're what papers said about you.
NOTHING MORE. I don't want to support local businesses then because they are all cliquey assholes.

Belgium

Law student/Poker player

25-30k eu/y

>30
>Texas
>Controller
>140k/yr

Honestly, overpaid at the moment.

Whats' controller?

The top accountant at a company usually.

U have accountant's degree?

>29
> Austin Tx
> financial analyst
>56k
> pretty much the CFOs right hand man. Feels good to finally be respected and have a promising future as an executive in 5-10 years

21 and live in kc too let me see that boi pussy

> 42 years old
> Sr Business Intelligence Engineer
> Vancouver WA
> $95k/yr plus bonuses n stocks n shit

"Hi guys let's scrum! This is gonna take at *LEAST* 30 minutes maybe an hour so we can just sit down. When we talk about our roadblocks let's talk in intimate detail so other developers can give advice and pivot this into a coaching/learning opportunity to talk about nuanced technical stuff. Oh also, we heard from finance that scope of the project changed. This is because the reporting team isn't asking the right questions. But it's totally ok the reporting team modeled the architecture and wrote base scripts because they'd rather be developers and engineers than analysts. Their code is slow as fuck and not at all scalable or portable but they look handsome so we have to use it. Also, we're going to pull half the team off task to learn some nuanced emerging technology like Splunk. Ok let's break because most of the engineers need to be in meetings with the business all day gathering scope requirements because the reporting team is busy writing shit code and models."

^ I make it sound bad. It's fun work and it pays great. But god damn is it frustrating.

>24
> London
>email marketing exec
>26k
> the work can get kinda monotonous, don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to html, but I like the fact we get to go to networking events and people in my office are good fun at the pub.

>24
>new york
>financial research
>80 - 120k depending on bonus/firm performance

twist: i work like 35 hours a week (occasionally 40 - 45) and spend most of it browsing Veeky Forums

i can make like twice the money for like 1.5x - 2x the hours but i'd rather not.

>29
>Texas
>Reliability Engineer
>$140k/yr

It's a fun job as you aren't stuck in a cubicle and get to go out in the field. You are basically a mini project manager/troubleshooter but more hands on. Very satisfying to see a project you came up get completed and run well.

>being this much of a normalfag

Is that enough to live in new york confortably? Can you live in a decent size apartment and eat out? Can you get to a point of owning a place?

>that wage
>london

Unemployed now,but making $36k a year working as a QA Test Engineer (underpaid)

BS in criminal justice, AAS in Emergency Management

Mid South, USA

>whites need not apply to govt jobs

$60k/yr 'front end dev', just slang for data entry.

Dead end cubicle job. I need to get my shit together and find something interesting.

Working + receiving compensation = unemployed?

Finance, took a couple of classes to get my CPA

Marketo or Exact target?

How d'you get in on that? I've been looking to do something similar. Do you need connections?

>23
>warehouse manual labor and office work
>21k before taxes

trying my best not to commit seppuku

No connections required, but you won't get hired now. Traffic is down about 15% from last year and most class I's have started furloughing employees.

You also probably wouldn't have an appetite for a career in the transportation department of any large railroad. Your telephone becomes your best friend and you will have no concept of a regular social life or work schedule for the first 5-10 years. The extra board is a cruel bitch.

$8000/year, Russia
So fucking awesome country!

>25
>Silicon Valley
>Sales support
>$24/hr
>Finance degree

I could get a better job but this company is growing steadily so I'm holding out.

Russia is beautiful compared to this crowded shithole.

>24
>Los Angeles
>Shipping/Export Administrator
>35k a year

The job is menial as fuck, I haven't gained any real skills and I feel dumber since working here

I'm worried if I don't get out now I'm going to be stuck with shit experience

Welcome to life?

I'm aware

>live comfortable

very, especially because i have no student loans. i live in a great apartment in a nice neighborhood (upper east side, and not out of the way UES either). i eat out all the time and spend way more than is hould. i don't save as much as i should but whatever.

>owning a place

in NY, probably not right now. but i'm not too concerned with owning a place until later. and i might not stay in ny/finance forever. i honestly don't like it that much.

should be in past test, *made* $36k a year, etc

but that job sounds interesting and fun. I always liked the idea of working in exports and imports and speaking to foreigners importing exotic things. The job seems like it would involve a lot of optimization of space and cargo.

Which one? Hangang has quite a few.

>21

>Ireland

>Student

>0k/yr

What exactly do you do on the railroad? Are you just a layman? What sort of money are we talking at entry level? When do you think they'll start hiring again?

A trainman, but I got furloughed as that and they offered me a job as a trackman.

The money all depends on the company and collective bargaining agreement. For me I started off at 100% rate of pay once I marked up and was making $42/hr as a conductor.

Fuck man that sounds sick. I already asked this but when do you think they'll be hiring again? Since obviously at the moment they're letting people go with much more experience than me

Years.

Last I heard was a 15 year hiring freeze in transportation for us. Railroads hire in cycles as it's a job that most people get and hold for dear life. Keep an eye out on all the class I railroads(KCS, UP, NS, CSX, BNSF, CN, CP) websites to see if they're hiring for anything. Ask me any questions that you have, though.

28, Midwest. Product/Marketing Manager. $40k plus bonus.

It's a decent paycheck for the area, but the people I work with lack organization so I wind up doing a lot of extra work. And they don't have a lot of computer know-how, so I also get stuck with that.

This all adds up to a hellish busy season but a fairly laid back rest of the year.

Planning to open my own shop on the side selling website services, but we'll see how it goes. Won't be enough to quit but it will be nice income.

>21
>Ohio
>Unemployed/college student
>$0
>grad school is basically an obligation in my major

env consulting. pretty reliant on development. hoping to get a govt regulatory job within 5 years.

Maryland
Statist
95k/yr

Breddy gud, I work 8-4 and live in a nice neighborhood.

Yeah I definitely will, I'll keep tabs on those websites too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this one of those jobs where you're working on a 2 on 1 off or 2 on 2 off basis? I'm referring to weeks btw

metro area? Btw what is a statist? Is that like a statistician?

Yeah, North Bethesda to be precise. And it's a statistician, I just use statist since it's shorter.

also KC
its ok

Where did you go to school, and what did you study to become a BI analyst? I'd like to become one.

Thanks

Hahahaha no. This isn't shift work. Again, depending on your contract an extra board may or may not have off days. Extra boards are a first in first out affair where you're elgible to be called once you're "rested"(10 hours after last working).

Did you go to College Park? I've fucked some fine bitches at that school

Nah I went to George Washington. I've been to a few parties at UMD tho.

Gotcha, so there's not like a site you go to to rest up after you're done working? Like they call you up when they need you and off you go to the railroad

Tell you what, when I sober up I'll explain the bid cycle and extra board for my company. It's not too complicated, but it's probably something you're unfamiliar with.

BS: Math + Physics from no-name state school
MS: Engineering Physics from top 10 school

Almost PhD in Physics (studying quantitative biology), but got burnt out and depressed towards the end, and so left without finishing my doctorate.

Quit. Got job in data science for a big consulting firm. $71K. Stayed for roughly 2 years. Ending Salary was $81K. I started looking around toward the end because people were flat out telling me I was being way underpaid.

Got a job at a medium-sized firm which previously did well due to the strength of their brand, but wants to leverage their data to make more calculated decisions. $127K.

First job took 6 months to get, the second 1 took less than a month.

I got a late start in business, but I think I've done fairly well for myself in the 2 years since I started.

Sounds good thankfully Veeky Forums is a slow board so just do your thing brah

>23
>England
>Uneployed.
>0£ per year

I would really like to work in a hospital as a porter or technacal instructor. In the future I'd like to be a laboratory assistant. That would be nice.

That's about average

> 35k Canadian money, 15k American (real) money

really good post btw

>26
>Bank bond portfolio manager ($3bn but a lot of it is in stuff that doesn't require active management (agency CMOs, Agy CMBS, cds etc trying to get more into munis but the space is hottt)
>75k

About to take the level 3 CFA exam. If I pass I expect to have my pay bumped to over $100k.

>20

>Bulgaria

>Police officer

>10k/yr

>seems promising i am actually on work right now doing jack shit all day.

>26
>northeastern pa
>$36k/yr ($40-45k/yr after mandatory overtime) manual labor wageslave in a factory

don't fall for the math degree meme. it's worthless.

>21
>arizona
>80k/yr
>Software Engineer

Just about to start. Hope I don't get crushed by overtime.

Should I take an international economics and finance degree or a business management degree?

>puts the dollar sign after the digits

>30

>ny

>Quant

>~$600,000/yr

>pretty interesting desu senpai

>21
>econ and fiance grad
>fucking 0

I feel like I'm a failure for not having a job

>31 (So old)

>Perth City but move around for work

>International Banker

>180K/y - 210k/y

>I love the stress

shit school?

International economics and finance (although I don't really know why needs to be "international.")

It will be more valuable in getting you started in the finance world. Management seems more applicable to someone who's already experienced, and should probably be saved for an MBA.

>22

>Shanghai/Shenzhen

>International Business Developer

>440,000RMB/year (like 68k USD I think)

>tfw just graduated and started a new life in China

Aerospace Engineer
70k Canadian, Toronto
50 hrs a week is too much though. I need 40 max and under in my life

>25
>live alone
>3rd world country
>no welfare
>IT Support
>$ 1560 - 1660 / y
>drive 40km a day

cant say that i hate the job but goddamnit

>no documentation
>constantly google everything
>twice off days in a week
>"user you can pick any off days you want EXCEPT saturday and sunday because I AM (my boss) going to take it"

really tried my best with financial planning, but with this much of salaries, there's no way in hell i could escape to somewhere better
have no time, my social is falling, few savings and my body is getting rusty (too much sitting)

still trying to find any scholarship so i could slip away from here and then find a job somewhere better

How did you get the job?

I flew to Shanghai last year looking for work, some were scheduled interviews, but mostly I just cold-called companies and asked if they had any BD positions open. By the end of my trip I had 20+ interviews, I had 6 months left of school so I used that time to choose whichever one offered me a job and processed my work visa.

Interesting. I've been there myself, but only as a tourist.
Not to interrogate, but what are your qualifications to get in at that salary level?

International economics and finance (although I don't really know why needs to be "international.")

It will be more valuable in getting you started in the finance world. Management seems more applicable to someone who's already experienced, and should probably be saved for an MBA.

With a country that on the whole lacks any creative sense, but is entirely good at manufacturing and engineering, I help companies develop a more consumable product in foreign, mostly western markets. Or on the flip side, help foreign companies enter the Chinese market, something I've researched throughout my schooling.

So the salary comes from the Chinese's need to enter better markets with higher quality products. How I got here though was because I taught myself Chinese and made the right connections when I was in Shanghai.

But to answer your question, not much in terms of qualifications or experience, I'm just ambitious.

In that case, I might try it myself. Design is one of my interests.
One last question: how's your fluency?

It's ok. Heavy American accent, but I can carry on conversations

>23
>Australia
>Graduate in government department
>$61k +15% retirement

Not too bad, the people I work with are good even if the work can be a bit dull. Don't do that much work really, and I get a 10k pay rise in December

New England
Diagnostic radiologist
$380,000 / year

I look at people's insides. It's pretty cool. My IQ is 134.