I want to dye my hair different colors but im worried I'll end up looking like a basic tumblr girl.. with daddy issues...

I want to dye my hair different colors but im worried I'll end up looking like a basic tumblr girl.. with daddy issues..
is it possible to have dyed hair without looking like a slut/daddy issues?
& what dyed hair color is best?

basic tumblr girl is
>short hair
>dyed hair
>septum piercing and/or stretched ears
>overweight

if you only have one or two out of the four you should be ok. i'd suggest going for something dark or pastel and staying away from the neons.

I agree, I use to like girls with colored hair but tumblr basics ruined it for me. Imo the most effay thing you could do is stick to natural colors. Go blonde, brunette, black etc. Do something that is going to compliment your aesthetic and not make you look like you fuck rich old guys for self esteem.

basic tumblr chicks are literally like the hottest women on the planet second only to skinny women who are so skinny they dont get periods, come on man do you even feminine beauty?

The only non-natural color girls should color their hair is white/gray

Boys can sometimes pull off light pink if they're both cute and menacing looking

not overweight, I have long hair and no piercings. so i guess I'm okay, im olive skinned, so i dont know if pastels would so well. but thanks user

it really depends on your hair- how long is it? how do you style it now? what's your style?
personally i think pastels styled with a center part (pic related) look really neat and i might get something like that done soon but thats just me
don't go for neons or super bright colors either, there's no way to /not/ look like a scene kid with them

>skinny women who are so skinny they dont get periods
I dated one of those girls, she tried to rape me in a movie theater

I can't say I recommend it 2bh

damn...I wish i was you 2bh

but back then

>>septum piercing and/or stretched ears
>>overweight

>if you have one or two out of the four you should be ok

uh no

septum piercing, stretches ears are automatic basic tumblr slut tier

and overweight is never ok

not even small stretched ears? like the kinds that are easily covered up and can shrink back and that nobody really notices? ;-;

also forgot to add, stick to more natural makeup. excessive "fierce" makeup with dyed hair is also tumblr slut-esque

yeah but being overweight by itself doesn't make you a tumblr slut

and i'm gonna have to disagree on the piercings. small stretches are ok and some people can genuinely pull off septums

In a way I admired how "degenerate" she was (smoking, drinking, club drugs, cutting, little-to-no sleep, sexual deviancy, chronic liar (this was back when I was 16 and she was 15 btw)) but she started getting scarily emotionally manipulative and volatile and I cut off communication

Now that I think about it, that was a bizarre experience to have at age 16

If you want to dye your hair just fucking dye your hair, who gives a single fucking fuck. Seriously.

The "girls with dyed hair are sluts" is just fat boys and scumbags that complain about girls that express themselves with different hair colors because they think they can't have them, because girls that dye their hair knowing that it will draw attention to them do it only if they are already pretty girls. And the ones that aren't, think they are pretty, and also think being fat is beautiful, and are feminists, and you know.

If you want your hair dyed, just dye it, you don't want to feel bad for not doing it.

You realize you're on a fashion board right?
You realize that this attitude negates any reason for this board to exist, right?

You should be fine.

What the fuck? A Life Is Strange cosplay?

...yes?

olive skin w pastels is godtier if ur pretty enough to pull it off

this is so filtered it looks like a render

Do you realize she is the ultimate tumblr girl, r-right?

Get a color that won't look to drastic or horrible if your roots peak out for a moment

Not really, Max is the ultimate tumblr girl.

Chloe is pretty insufferable at the beginning though, but she owns up to her mistakes and her attitude as the game goes on.

Nah, it wasn't a good game.

ok

Be more worried about damaging your hair.

Literally perfect omfg
Hnnnnggg

I need a name!!

filename

This.

If you've got naturally lighter hair, consider henna. Or just get highlights. You can dye all of it, but look into the least damaging ways of doing it.

>is it possible to have dyed hair without looking like a slut/daddy issues?
my tip is to stand up a lot straighter than the girl in op pic and also to just go for it since if you don't like it you can just change it back

>those digits

If you're into being treated like the stereotypical dyed hair, tattooed, and pierced slut then go for it. Anything wavering from a normal hair color is pushing it off the deep end.

this is kind of what I'm worried about because i don't have that look,
and i feel i wont be taken serious with dyed hair. i don't want to be treated like I'm easy.
but that could just be insecurity.

nice

What is your look? Do you have a small chest, slim legs, wide hips?
You can always make dyed hair look a little classier with clothes matching your body size

>consider henna

DO NOT EVER DO THIS

Not her but why the fuck not

It looks great on some people

Henna is sacred and used during weddings in some cultures, so no. Fuck girls that do that

Now you've done it, buddy

fuck culture

Um no sweetie~
*snaps fingers*
It hasn't been for several years. xD

People were doing this shit when I was in primary school.
Only serious cultural and religious stuff that makes no sense out of them is dumb for outsiders to use, other than that, cultural appropriation is a joke

go back to r3ddit, fag, i'm serious holy fuck

'culturally appropriating, kill yourself

go for it

While you're on it never drink green tea because a version is used in Japanese tea ceremonies and never wear a metal ring because they're used in wedding ceremonies.

Fuck off, henna as a hair treatment and colourant has no "sacred" element to it. Indian women have been using it as a casual hair treatment for hundreds of years. She's not using it on her hands if it's colouring her hair so it's in no way the same issue.

Ah, I was referring to henna designs on the body, not the hair dye.

small chest and butt. im not extremely thin or fat im right in the middle, slimmer than thick. i like the soft grunge look.

Hmm I told someone in another thread that the baggy/ugly sweater trend with slim or tight jeans is a soft grunge look. That looked really good on girls with dyed hair.
With your body type I think it'd be perfect.

that was me user. lol i like the baggy sweater look, i think its cute. im not tiny though, so i dont think i can pull it off.

That was you? Awe, that's kinda cute then.
You could try! Honestly what makes the outfit is your legs. If you don't have the legs for it, it won't look as good I'm afraid

haha yea, im definitely going to try it out, see how it fits me. thanks!

Hope it goes well, here's another pic of a soft grunge-y look on Ali Michael

Why does everyone want to dye?

This look is so. Fucking. Good.

that's because they were pandering to tumblr

you're gonna skip past tumblr and go straight basic bitch if you're olive/mediterranean with pastel hair

(also pastel hair has reached it's zenith, on the way down now)

*sniff* *sniff*

Fuck non Americans that wear blue jeans.

My culture is NOT a costume.

dye it pitch black if real

dude im indian and ... i mean your heart's in the right place? but lol henna's been used by south asian grandmas to cover their greys since the dawn of time it isnt that sacred

of course id still think white girls doing it would look weird and stupid but not bc its 'spiritual'

Youll probably get a lot more judgement with any color. Everytime i see someone with colorful hair i instantly think "issues".
But then again, do whatever you think fits your aesthetic and contribute to busting the stereotype.
Also, do you want to express yourself or do you want to please others?

SILVER/GRAY

ya'll hate tumblr so much, yet you all sure loving talking about tumblr on Veeky Forums

Can't argue with this Fort Knox slice of logic

You have seen the Veeky Forums meet-up photos, right?
Seriously asking anything here.

hmm, really makes you think

>Drawn
>Real nose

>Real nose
What do you mean, it doesn't say real nose anywhere on the pic?

reblogged and liked :^)

digits.

i like girls like this. i like girls that look a bit dirty and unkept. i imagine this girl smells like a heavenly mixture of alcohol, cigarettes, and B.O; A hard-living, hard-working woman.