Why did Veeky Forums turn on this brand so quickly and relentlessly?

Why did Veeky Forums turn on this brand so quickly and relentlessly?

It used to be so popular here. What happened? Did some rapper or snaptogram kid say it wasn't cool?

prob because afaik only whites wear them which is deeply problematic

>garbage design
>babbys first real leather shoe
>questionable quality
Not like ever was in to the brand, nor have I 'turned on it', I'm completely indifferent about it, would not use my money or it nor advice anyone to buy it.

It's a good brand, but Veeky Forumsutists hate it because redddit likes it.

It's a good brand, but it became too popular. I'd advise anyone looking to buy a good pair of shoes to try RW

As far as work boots go they just aren't worth it. Had a pair of 2416 for work and they blew up after a few months where a pair of $100 ones have lasted me almost 3 years now with not having to be replaced. All in all a low quality product for what the cost is

Likewise, popular by Veeky Forums standards isn't even popular at. Most people just wear whatever shoes they can find at the mall

At all **

Because it's commonly worn by people who aren't Veeky Forums but like masturbating over the goodyear welt and heritage aspect of it.

Beyond that are all the people who were duped to believe that this is some rugged and rough miner field boot instead of a fashion boot.

And finally - you said it yourself "It used to be so popular here" - that's why it became unpopular.

If the Iron Ranger came with a commando sole or a lug sole, I'd pick that shit up. The nitrite, even the mini vibram just ain't as nice as a commando would be aesthetically. RW is nice with some of its obscure offerings like the Harvester or some older, vintage boots, like 10 inch mocs from the 70s. Beyond that, I've moved onto higher end brands like Whites or Truman. I was sorta interested in Thursday Boot Company because price + roughout captoe with a daintite sole, but I've heard bad things so, not looking to it. Rather save my money for something better.

brooks bros carries a deep lug iron ranger

Armchair craftsmanship experts like who somehow convince themselves that he quality isn't completely worth the price

Red Wing are like the cheapest option in the market where the leather isn't complete shit and the boot has goodyear welt.
There is more to QUALITY than just how the fucking shoe is built you dumb ass, that's like complaining when someone says Uniqlo oxfords aren't good quality, sure for the price there is probably not much better options but the quality still isn't very good.
The quality isn't really nothing amazing, go handle and try on some actually good boots for a change

Veeky Forums can only handle a few styles at a time, and most of those style can't incorporate a clunky "workwear" boot into the fits. Also once reddit started picking up on our old basic style guides, we obviously would want to disassociate with them at any cost, and that usually involves shitting on stuff we used to shill for years.

>If the Iron Ranger came with a commando sole or a lug sole
They started making them with a fairly thin commando sole last year iirc

I've had my eye on Thursday as well, what negative things have you heard?

Are you retarded ?
Red wing leather is not meant to be like high end shoes leather which is fragile, it's meant to be tough.

This, not only that but the fuckers bought all the american tannerys because quality was declining.

I still have mine, I still love them and wear them all the time. You can all get fucked

This, I have Meme Rangers tho. Best boots for the price.

construction quality/leather quality isn't worth. basically some quick-cash get-rich startup brand.

check out beckett simonon/meermin. they apparently have higher craftsmanship for roughly the same price, also they dont pay people to give good reviews.

Who cares? You are talking about the same people who want to imitate shia labeoufs style and went through a phase where they were all over the polizei bomber unironically. This is a board which is full of impulsive teenagers.

They don't dislike the brand they dislike any boots in that style.

These will be the next shoes I buy.

>I'm completely indifferent about it
>says after insulting them 3 times

yeah you should really learn what "indifferent" means

>high end shoes leather which is fragile
You are embarrassing yourself here man, you knowing shit is showing hard.
Those weren't insults they were facts, maybe try taking your iron rangers with beautiful patina out of your ass for a change and face the reality.