Hey Veeky Forums, I found this in my grandfather's stuff and I'm curious as to it's origin and meaning...

Hey Veeky Forums, I found this in my grandfather's stuff and I'm curious as to it's origin and meaning. I was hoping you guys can help me out.

Already tried /wsr/ but they had nothing on it.
>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cross_of_Constantine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Military_Constantinian_Order_of_Saint_George
grandlodge.on.ca/
ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The back.

Also I'm fine if it isn't something big, just curious.

Just an elaborate Christian necklace. It has the Catholic cross and the the chi rho symbol on it, which are just the two first letters of Christ's name in Greek. The A and the omega or alpha and omega are common symbols too. Not sure about the 4 letters at the outside ends of the cross.

It just means your grandpa was a christian and liked showing it through the wearing of jewelry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho

Thank you user!

Your grandpappy was a Knights Templar. Coolio bro.

Looks nothing like their cross.

>Not sure about the 4 letters at the outside ends of the cross.

In

Hoc

Signo

Vinces

The chi ro was already a symbol of good luck before Christ.

your gramps was a chaos worshipper

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cross_of_Constantine

Your grandfather was a freemason.

Doesn't look like one of our jewels, though. As in, one for the Order.

Emperor Constantine said he had a vision of a Chi and a Rho flanking the sun, and took it to mean that he should go to war and spread Christianity by the sword, which is obviously a pagan dream, and quite obviously exactly the opposite of what Jesus had said and taught.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, and this guy gave you the outer ring of letters: In this sign you will conquer."

I see nothing that is not basic standard Roman paganism in this medallion.

It's from his gentleman's club.

>took it to mean that he should go to war and spread Christianity by the sword
No, he interpreted it as though God was going to protect him in the upcoming battle. As thanks, he then spread Christianity, but not by the sword.

>took it to mean that he should go to war

Constantine was already fighting a war and about to go into battle when he saw the sign.

To bad it worked. That's what Constantine taught.

I just found this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Military_Constantinian_Order_of_Saint_George

The medaillion is an exact copy of their cross. Is your grandpa from a region where they are active?

And the RCC.

Yes, the sun god, as Constantine was a sun god worshiper like his father before him, and a patron of the temple of Apollo.

The holocaust worked too.

Almost, but those don't have the Alpha and Omega sign on them.

>Yes, the sun god
No, what he described as the Christian God.

Constantine never knew God; he worshiped Apollo.

Er, unless you think Apollo is God.

Are you being intentionally retarded? He didn't formally convert until his deathbed, but he credited the victory against the numerically superior Maxentius at the Milvian Bridge to [The God of the Christians], which led to promulgating Christianity and the Edict of Milan.

>He didn't formally convert until his deathbed,

And not even then.

So no, I'm being precise, not "intentionally retarded" as you have ADMITTED he was never a Christian in life.

And the person who supposedly led him to Jesus on his deathbed?

Arius.

kek

Constantine is in hell.

>God needs help to win battles.

Keep thinking that, heathen. Keep thinking that.

Fuck I hate Protestants. I'm not even a Christian but I can at least respect the theology and philosophy behind the apostolic traditions. Protestants on these boards however always show themselves to be uncritical divisive fucks with no understanding of civility or nuance.

That's the entire point. You're quite comfortable with the bullshit that men do, and want nothing to do with God. Just like the so-called "apostolic succession" nutjobs. 100% men, 0% God.

Papist.

(Protip: Only papists call Christians "protestants". It's their way of pretending they matter.)

>Derailing a thread to claim a guy who is personally responsible for Christianity's existance is in hell

Fuck off this thread is about OP's medaillion.

Asked and answered. By me. Above.

Read the thread.

>So no, I'm being precise
You're not. Just obtuse.
>as you have ADMITTED he was never a Christian in life.
Not quite. He himself claimed to be Christian after Milvian Bridge, but he didn't get baptised until later.
>And the person who supposedly led him to Jesus
Christ, apparently. In vision.

That is not even remotely what i said.

Ah, I see. You too have absolutely no idea how one becomes a Christian. Just like all Catholics.

How christian Const. is a debate that has been waged for centuries, but one thing is certain.
He was a monotheist all his life, with his Unconquered Sun(not Apollo), then he recognised and constantly invoked the Christian God as the real deal.

>Christ, apparently. In vision.

Wow, you are a slow learner.

The vision was a Chi and a Rho flanking the sun.

He worshiped Apollo.

Apollo is the Sun God.

2 + 2 = 4

Except your answer was wrong. Either way, get the fuck out then.

Neither do you, apparently. And i'm not Catholic.

Close enough for me.

Gee, it's almost as if some symbols are similar. But you're right, i forgot that he credited his victory to Apollo, and made the Roman empire convert to Apollo-ism afterwards.
Tip top trolling, bro.

The problem is that none of that is true, but you keep repeating yourself to it because your reductionist view of Christianity has convinced you that any attempt to work out the intricacies of faith is somehow anathema to God (protip: it's not) so instead you parade around this false ago l absolutist worldview that falls laughably flat of God's providence.

Prove it's wrong.

I do, and I am saved, thanks for your concern. If you're not a papist, it would do you well not to speak as one, and be as one.

Constantine died a pagan sun god worshiper, and the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with Jesus whatsoever. The current pope stands in the shoes of Constantine, not Peter.

They may as well be worshiping the sun.

It's from God Himself.

For Jesus, or Against Jesus.

Pick one.

Your sophistry doesn't even impress Veeky Forums users; do you think it impresses God?

>It's from God Himself.
No, you only THINK it's from God Himself because your shallow worldview says it is, without understanding what actually IS from God.

>it would do you well not to speak as one,
How was i speaking as one?
>and be as one
Not a fan of them, but nothing too wrong with their particular branch. Just the organisation which is an issue.
>Constantine died a pagan sun god worshiper
Maybe. But he is recorded as having converted and been baptised.
>and the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with Jesus whatsoever.
Pretty sure it does.

Well then maybe his grandaddy got that necklace before Christ.

It's from God Himself.

Luke 11:23 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

Your days of being an idiot are numbered.

By using the Catholic term "Protestant" to describe Christians. There have been Christians since Pentecost 32 AD, while there have only been Roman Catholics since 325 AD. About 500 years ago, one of them pitched a fit at how evil they were, and they excommunicated him. Maybe you've heard of him, that little Catholic friar, Martin Luther.

Papists say we all stem back to him, because papists are both evil and retarded.

There is no record of his conversion but for the word of the known heretic Arius, himself a heathen. So no, a blind man cannot lead another blind man; they just both fall into the pit.

The RCC is all about the RCC. They wouldn't know Jesus if He came down to rapture all the saints in the world.

And won't.

>By using the Catholic term "Protestant" to describe Christians.
I didn't, though. You seem to be referring to another poster. Nothing wrong with using it, Catholic, or Orthodox, though. They're specifically general terms.
>There is no record of his conversion but for the word of the known heretic Arius, himself a heathen.
Wait, are you Catholic or not? And his Christian mother Helena was probably a big influence on his conversion, and he wrote to other Christians of his conversion.
>The RCC is all about the RCC.
True enough, but the current Pope is pretty good.

>muh horse of Mei Ling
Double posting proddy raus.

The current pope is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon; that you think he is "pretty good" is a sign you'll be spending an eternity with him, on fire, in the dark.

Not den Juden? Isn't that your type of rhetoric? Your sort of history?

>The current pope is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon
And do you not think a Pope should act like a Christian? Or would you prefer a Borgia?

>ruining a fucking thread about user and his necklace his grandfather gave him

We aren't talking about Der Jude.

The pope can act like a Christian and fool people like you, but he'll never be a Christian.

See, people "acting" like Christians aren't Christians.

I would prefer a Borgia so I would not have to process all of the fanbois posts about how virtuous this man is due to his foot kissing fetish. Everyone would just know how evil the pope is, and nobody would care. Or listen to anything he says.

It was boring.

Now it's not boring.

I can sniff you people out 6 million miles away.

>but he'll never be a Christian.
Why? Because he's Argentinian?
>I would prefer a Borgia
An actual anti-Christ? Now who's pretending to be Christian?
>how virtuous this man is due to his foot kissing fetish.
Yea, humility isn't something you want in a Pope...

>shitposting
Fuck you, and fuck me for getting dragged into this.
>cucking for jews

how do i join this club?

Red Cross of Constantine is for Christian members of the Holy Royal Arch, which is for Master Masons.

It has three degrees itself, and some of it's own sub-appendant things.

I don't think you understand what I mean by "the pope is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon", if you think such a creature can be saved.

All Catholic popes are vile. I prefer the outwardly vile murderers, pedophiles, adulterers, hedonists, etc., because they don't lead people to hell. People see them and go the other way.

Humility does not include taking photographs and publishing same worldwide.

>Humility
>LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

Pick one.

Die in a holy war.

>muh
>horse
>of
>Mei
>Ling
Jesus Christ you idiot.

>I don't think you understand what I mean by "the pope is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon"
I understand you to be a delusional wackjob.
>Humility does not include taking photographs and publishing same worldwide.
Gee, it's almost as if He's in a position where the press is unavoidable.

>delusional wackjob
The correct term is a shitposter who wants to ruin discussion for other Christians

To-may-to/po-tah-to

Why to talking about fruits and vegetables.

It's a joke expression about how something is said the same with different pronunciation. Usually to-may-to/to-mah-to.

No, I get it. Hell I bet he isn't even a Christian.

Can you smile? Do you smell toast?

Really? How did I arrange this to be written in 95 AD?

Revelation 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Of course, that's entirely irrefutable and unquestioningly accurate. Not a single room for error in your hypothesis.

I can smile, I'm not cooking bread.

Why are mods allowing christshitposters to derail this thread?

Is it because all mods are faggots?

Blame the fag who started it.

who are the top dogs in the free masons?

The Duke of Kent, i suppose. But that's just for England and Wales. Every state and jurisdiction is sovereign and has their own set of "top dogs" for their terms. Then there are subordinate appendant degrees with their own grand teams.
But all of it is direct democracy, so no dog is too top.

So you're not having a stroke, but you post like that normally?

wow

The hypothesis that I wrote this into the bible in 95 AD?

Do you require emergency assistance?

Very funny. The hypothesis that the passage applies to Pope Francis just because of your feels.

I don't post about whoreshit.

and houses in canada for catholics?

Probably.

quite obviously a corss
center is a labarum
letters in the center are alpha and omega from the greek alphabet
not sure about the V I H S

some sort of christian necklace

In Hoc Signo Vinces.

Huh?

im sorry i meant lodges

Oh right. Catholics can join wherever. Canada has a large Masonic population and five or six sovereign Grand Lodges.

so you can just join in any grand lodge?

Expect the Freemasons user.

women cant really join the masons right?

You a woman?
Also no self-respecting Catholic would join the Freemasons.

Yea. You'll want to check it's one of the legit ones, though. Negroes and Jews like setting up fake ones to swindle money.

Expect? For what?

Nah, sorry. There are fake Grand Lodges for women, and mixed ones. But there are also legit groups in Masonry for women to join like White Shrines, Order of Amaranth, OES, and so on.

Plenty have, though. Bishops, even.
Hell, the most recent Grand Master of my jurisdiction is Catholic.

>Expect? For what?
You get kicked out of the Church. Excommunicated, see your ass in hell, heretic. Why didn't you join the Knights of Columbus user? Why?

>You get kicked out of the Church. Excommunicated
Hasn't happened for over a century, which is probably why there are so many Catholic Masons.
>Why didn't you join the Knights of Columbus user?
I'm not Catholic. And they're a very shitty version of Freemasons. Good guys, but the organisation is so tepid. Would sooner join Elks, Oddfellows, Buffaloes, or ideally Freegardeners if Freemasonry wasn't an option.

>Hasn't happened for over a century, which is probably why there are so many Catholic Masons.
You mean heretics. Because those are heretics, heretics who spit on the Pope and spit on Christ and what he stands for.
>Good guys, but the organisation is so tepid
>has done more for the country
>is basically the Jesuit-lite in terms of getting shit done

>Because those are heretics, heretics who spit on the Pope and spit on Christ and what he stands for.
They really aren't, and they really don't. Bishops have known it was fine to be part of, and probably a Cardinal or two. Maybe don't just suck down propaganda and the party line without thinking for yourself in the future?
>has done more for the country
More than..? Freegardeners? Sure. But it's basically just a charity with swords. Rotary and Lions beat us all in that regard. As does the Catholic church itself. KoC just seems like a waste of time.

grand lodge of canada legit? the one in ontario

Jesus Christ this is why we get pedophiles in the fucking rank, because we have people who refuse, point fucking blank, to remove these goddamn heretics who join them.
>Does the funding for the Schools
>Does the repairs
>Wants to get rid of abortion
>supports autists
>basically insurance
So charity is shit? What type of faggot are you?

This one grandlodge.on.ca/ ?
Because yes. You just have to check on here. ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges

>Jesus Christ this is why we get pedophiles in the fucking rank
Yea, *that's* why. Not because of that pointless and harmful celibacy rule, then leaving sexually frustrated men around vulnerable boys.
>So charity is shit?
No? It's just not the kind of group i would want to join, and if i was going to join a charity group, it'd be a better one like Lions or Rotary.
>supports autists
How is that a good thing?

Also, you can't be too Catholic if you're going to take the Lord's name like that. So i'm guessing you're just an anti-Mason shill.

>grandlodge.on.ca/
yea that's the one