Why every barber always cut the hair way shorter than you ask it to cut?

Why every barber always cut the hair way shorter than you ask it to cut?

>"what do you want"
>"u-uh just give me a trim"
>30 minutes later and they take all your hair off
>"t-thanks, looks great"

i know this feel

don't forget
>give barber $2 tip

>Why every barber always cut the hair way shorter than you ask it to cut?

I'm on to you chief.

I swear I giving up on barbers man

>barber
Well there's your first problem. 90% of barbers quite literally can only shave off all your hair.

>go to Korean hairstylist
>they Goku your shit up

every fricken time

Feels bad being lowtest

>can't enunciate what u what
>get a shit haircut
>say nothing
>go home and post about it on Veeky Forums

holy shit lol what fuckin losers

How to fix

Does paying for an expensive cut actually make a difference

All these barbers suck dick and try to make every cut into an undercut

I think showing pictures is key... Words do nothinh

When I go to a cheap barber all they do is cut it short but when I go to a more expensive one they actually cut it into the model you want. You should try it once.

Because you bitchass betafag speak so quietly that he can't understand you.

Ok

Not being a betafag and always show a pic

Got it

>walk in to barbershop
>old guy who's comfortable with your autism isnt there
>a woman waves you over

SHUT UP!!!!!

I've literally only had this problem at a couple old geezer run shithole barbershops. The ones that only understand how to do a military crew cut or fade. I yelled at one of them because he tried to put the onus on me when I said it was shorter than I asked or wanted.

Generally, yes. There are still shit stylists at expensive places, though.

>crippling social anxiety
>can't get a haircut

It's fine. I'm just pretending like I want really long hair.

>Mfw went to a barber and told him to cut the sides short and make it look good, ready for summer
>He does his thing, as soon as I get out I get 2 compliments
and few more the next few days.
Thanks bro!

Just say you want to maintain length and tell him to only use scissors on you / start off on a high number if clippers are necessary - better yet, learn exactly what clipper level your fades and shit need.

"Hey can I get a (scissor/clipper) [insert length here (lol)] cut on the top and [insert other length (fukken lmao)] on the sides?

/thread

I live in a bit smaller town, so we have one main male barber that does all the haircuts, and I've been going to him for the past 4 years so he always knows how to style it just right.

Good post user

I've been trying to go around from the sides and top, makes me head look longer than it is.
Any clue for a all around length?

i just tell them to do whatever they want and they give me a hair cut that i can grow into and still style if i want

Went to actual barber for first time today, how did I do? I was hoping for Hitler youth, I think I got fuckboi instead

hitler youth allows you to part. You look like your barber gave you a weird bowlcut thing desu.
I think he has fucked your back of your head as well desu,

Show pic?

It looks like he didn't finish with the back

Could has be done better

I discovered that 3 is the limit at least for me

Less than that makes me look like a frikin moai

2 on the sides
6 on the top
It's that ez

hahahahahahahaaaahhhh holy shit. you should get a refund

How to find a good barber?

Me too.

holy fuck, that shit you've got in the back of your head is REDIKULUS

user, user

>finally find a good hairdresser
>he gets fired and moves away to woop woop

you have to go the expensive ones downtown. it's the only way. and they probably should be gay, too. then they WILL listen to you. and you WILL pay a lot of money

You don't want that?

>normie friends always messing with their hair and getting it cut doing cool shit with it
>be me, going bald at 18
>don't take long hair out of bun in public that I keep under my dad hats
The only reason I haven't just shaved it yet is because I like the way the bun looks sticking out of the back
That's it

Barber here.
The reason your hair comes out shorter than you'd like is because what you're asking for isn't possible with the amount of length you currently have or desire.

Not him, but i don't even have the balls to confront. I alwas avoid conflicts that can make me look stupid and weird in front of everyone especially girls

>Talk to all the dumb bimbos in high school
>They don't do anything with their lives and go to cosmetology school

The same girl has been cutting my hair for 6 years now. She doesn't charge me, but I leave her a $15 tip; because she always does a good job. It's cheap and I know it will be done right.

Just ask for what you want but always ask for it slightly longer than you actually want it, that way if they go too short then you get what you actually wanted and if they cut it to the length you actually asked for then just say 'actually can you go a bit shorter (in the areas you want them to)'

>be americuck
>a fucking lunatic is your head of state
>go to a barber in a ghetto because capitalism made the people poor and hungry.
>pay 10$ for a haircut, that's around 7,50€ in a country with a currency that's not totally fucked due to inflation
>be mad that it looks like shit

WHY DO EVERY BARBER REFUSE TO CUT MY HAIR LONGER THAN IT IS NOW?? I WANT LONGER HAIR THAN I HAVE NOW!

Mentally ill freak

>capitalism is responsible for inflation
Lmao

>>pay 10$ for a haircut, that's around 7,50€ in a country with a currency that's not totally fucked due to inflation

i cant be the only person to have spit out my coffee after reading this

>cut own hair with clippers
>eventually learn how to fade a bit but still not proper
>get $6 cut coupon from Great Clips
>schedule cut on their website
>walk in get convenient service
>barely talked to lady except to say "short fade on sides, trim top with scissors"
>get a perfect cut

You should try it. I also tried pomade for the first time and turns out it is the ultimate redpill.

i only cut my own hair because of this.

if they're good stylist, it's because they cut it so it looks good when it grows a bit, otherwise they're just a fucking retard who doesn't know how to cut hair.

>people are poor because of inflation
how do you even function when you are this dumb

What pomade do you use

I've never use it before

I watched a bunch of reviews (there's a million different pomades, waxes, clays, etc) and decided on Imperial Barber Classic Pomade.

>strong hold
>water based
>pleasant smell, kind of like Aloe, my gf loves the smell
>not greasy/slimy looking

It gives a nice solid hold thoughout the day without looking too slick. I'm pretty happy with it overall.

>"just cut the sides and left the front top just like it is"
>he cut the front top a little bit

Nigga why

>Ask to cut the front just a bit
>They barely cut any of it but brush it off to the side so i cant see how long it is
>go home to realize i have bangs that go down to my eyebrows
Every fucking time

>tfw grow my hair out for at LEAST 2 years
>shave it all off when I need a haircut and start again
ezpz, stop being fags

I rly getting sick of all of this

I think I just gonna go back to buzzcut my head

Then I would spend more time with haircuts I don't want than with the one I want.

Don't go to a fucking $10.00 chain barbershop or a fucking salon where the clueless stylists have no fucking idea how to cut mens hair.
I go to a proper black/Chicano barbershop everyone two weeks with the same barber. Get one of the Mexican dudes.

>20 dollars for clean cut
>doesn't shave my balls

fuck the barber, what you need is one (1) artistic friend and one (1) shaver in order to fix your hair

>enunciate
Did you mean articulate???

Fuck my fuckinh cunt barbee fuck this stupid gay fucking world. Fucking cunt

>"hi can you trim 3 cm?"
>"3 inches. Got it"

Ghetto haircuts are probably going to be nicer than some shit like supercuts

Poor fag

they actually cut off less than you tell them to because people usually underestimate the length that they tell them to cut off

learn to cut your hair yourself, knochensack haircut is ezmode to diy, after a few long tries it's just routine for me now

what the actual fuck is that blending in the back lmaoo

is there a guide on it then?

where's the fucking fade on the back of your head

imperial classic pomade is the best. it has awesome hold while being water soluble.

The smell is awesome too, it smells like cucumber to me rather than aloe

>And leave the top untouched, I want it long
>"Are you sure? It might not look good."
>Yes, please don't trim the top
>"Well if I don't cut the top it'll be too long
"

I'm now arguing with the barber over my hair. This happens almost every time.

>shave the sides and the back
>feel the clippers touch the top

i hate this. i show them the picture and tell them exactly how they want it, pretty much being a dream customer for them. and then they start arguing. i don't go to mcdonalds and ask for a mcchicken and they tell me to buy a big mac instead?

But the hair ends looking good after all

Doesn't it?

Nah

>one chance at life, hair too thick and curly and dry to straighten, try multiple products and nothing works because my hair is just too shitty, hairline naturally way back, big, curvy forehead, square head but circle face

I fucking hate life

iktf exactly my hair just got fucked up guy literally thought i was african and had afro hair because its so thick, he royally fucked it up and cut it too short. he even fucking combed with an afro comb.

2nd

>"So what do you want?"
>"About a 2.5 on the sides and blend to the top and scissors on the top, leave it with something to work with. Please don't cut the bangs straight across, my hair is really straight and it'll look like a bowl cut. Natural arch on ears and round the neck."
>"I'll do exactly that, then fuck it up by continuing to trim it down."
>"Yes, I know the deal."

(yes I know this is normie as fuck for a hair cut, I'm low maintenance and it gives me about 2-3 months of even growth before needing a trim)

I purposely learned how to communicate what I want to barbers and they just fucking ignore it.

My friends have suggested Japanese barbers because my hair is that straight and they'll know what they're doing... but man I don't want to commute to NYC just for a fucking cut.

Iktf

Why most of barbers seems like they don't give a fuck when you're talking to them?