Is pectus excavatum Veeky Forums?

is pectus excavatum Veeky Forums?

hell ye

I actually have this. It's not nearly as bad as OP's pic but it's still noticable. Is surgery/braces the only solution?

yeah i have it too don't worry about it
if somebody comments on it you got shot in the chest and survived

it's actually Veeky Forums if you're not insecure about it

bell
look it up

Mines about as bad as the OP, I'm 6'4" 135lbs and 8/10 face

I think it's Veeky Forums but you just have to be confident

yeah I have it too. Nbd bruh. Only overly shallow girls would care about something you cn't control

Does it bother you? If so how old are you?

I have it but way less than OP's pic (OP's pic condition probably limits lung capacity). It only bothered me till about 16.

If it bothers you, ask a doc to look at it and see if it is having any effect on your heart or lungs

if no, dont fuck with it. Its cosmetic, if a girl will dump you over a fucky chest then she wasn't the one for you anyway

i dont have anything to add, i just think your photo was funny. so im adding sad cat

the trinity

saved, thanks user

My ribs stick out it look like this but the middle isn't deep. getting xray tommarow cuz my doc is concerned if it affects something

Thanks, friendo

How do you even lift with this shieet?

i'm just curious.. how does this actually happen?

I have it a bit. Like pic related but not as bad. The bigger my chest gets the worse I think it looks. Does anybody know what it looks like on somebody with a buff chest?

I kinda have this one but i thinks its got more to do with mass, just properly develop the chest and it should go away. In your pics and my case its more about the muscle not bone structure.

it just happens on it's own. your ribs develop a little incorrectly and you're stuck with it
it can theoretically press down on your heart thus decreasing your stamina though it doesn't in most cases

well ok. i would never dump a guy just because of that. doesn't look that bad either.

Are you retarded? This deformity of the chest is literally because of a sunken sternum. This doesn't go away just by developing muscles.

So tough luck m8 it's 4ever xd

Developing better pectoral muscles can hide the divot slightly if it's not too bad. Also, I believe it can prevent it from getting worse or maybe pull the sternum out a bit over the years, somewhat like a brace would. Don't quote me on that last bit though.

Bad posture and genetic inheretance.

Like having a complete slavface wasn't enough.

i honestly dont think it looks that bad, even OP's pic is a little weird but not horrifying or anything like that.

I had pretty bad Pectus, compacted my lungs and also forced my heart to beat to the side rather than normal expansion.

Had the nuss procedure and the bar in for 2 years. Had the bar removed last december and only suffered minimal sinkage of my chest (Something people wouldn't normally be able to pick out). Not really a sports guy so I'm not sure how much it's helped my lung capacity. I was already back to lifting weights about halfway into january (surgery date was 22nd of Dec. and I was in the hospital for maybe ~4 hours).

I would say if your pectus impacts your health then get the surgery. Hurts like a bitch but you can use the bar to your advantage. Hella girls asked if they could feel the bar and of course I would allow them to feel me up. If it's minor and doesn't cause you much discomfort just try developing your pecs.

Arguably the muscles you should train should be your lats; maybe even more than your pecs. A lot of people with pectus also have bad posture because the pecs pull the shoulders in to the sternum. If you overtrain your pecs compared to your lats you could exacerbate the situation.

As with everything, if you're attractive and have a sence of style, it's Veeky Forums

Eric Harris had it and was one of the reasons he got bullied

Depends on how bad it is. i have it but it´s almost unnoticeable unless i am viewed directly from the side

dumbbell pullovers. i started doing them a week ago and am already seeing changes. i'm a twig with pectus and am working on ottermode, and this exercise hides it with muscle.

Dude don't worry about it, my friend has one and at parties the madman would get girls to take shots out of it. Shit's fuckin innovative

where does his heart go

What the literal fuck. Why is there such an abnormal percentage with this disease within the population of Veeky Forums? I've never seen a person in real life with this deformity, what the fuck.

Nerds, people with deformities, whales, dyel scrawny shits, mentally unstable people

It's actually quite common. It's usually not completely apparent either.

How often do you see the bare chests of the people you meet? It's not that rare of a deformity. A lot of people are self-consious of it and go to great lengths to hide it from people too.

I think it's cute /:

My old roommate has this. It's not all that uncommon

I have the opposite, although not as bad as some pectus carinatum cases.

I have this, though it's not as bad as other examples posted here to be honest.
The most annoying part is how it makes my bottom ribs flare out, giving me a potbellied appearance even when I'm skinny enough to almost see my abs.
I've been trying to work on my pecs and lats in order to get that big chest aesthetic, but I'll need to work double because of it.

my best mate in high school had one of these, but only slight
another guy had the opposite where he had his chest coming out in a kind of third breast

Every time I've seen this thread (at least once a year for the past 4 or so that I've popped in here) there's always a slew of anons that mention having it.

What I want to know is whether not getting punched in the hole is an insta-kill for these people?

Looks like a real fatal flaw somehow.

yo i got pectus caranatum (prortuding) how fucked am i? I wore a brace for like a year but didn't lie it because it was embarrassing and i was but a fragile child so its not as bad but still semi noticeable through my shirt

Another dented user reporting. never had any issues with it before, girls have said they like it because it gives them a spot to rest their head.

I know someone who's got it as bad as OP's pic. It creeps me out, I'm sorry, and I'm not the only one.

How spooky is it Veeky Forums? Started lifting a week ago after extensive health issues

Now that I look at it it's actually way straighter than it was a year ago, probably the somewhat fixed posture.

That's not PE you cuck, that's just low body fat
Search for pics of young Christ Evans and you'll see he has a normal skeleton.

Got the surgery for it waking after I got the bar in sucked but after it just became normal. I feel much better about myself after I got it fixed.

Same here! It took me a week to get out of the hospital, another 2 weeks at home before I could get myself out of my bed and another 2 weeks before I went back to work. But I'm so glad I did it now - I went to the beach in the summer and I'm not self-conscious of my chest anymore.Getting the nuss procedure in Canada is free (It's covered by OHIP) so if you want it done and you live in Canada I recommend you do it!

God in the beginning there was so much pain I remember that

Was gonna add this myself

Jelly as fuck.

I had two bars which my brilliant physician over-corrected and now I've got hella pectus carinatum.

I done fucked up real bad, shoulda stayed alienmode.

I know this is a joke bu Eric didn't actually get bullied unlike school shooters usually. He was a normal pretty popular kid who was just a little messed up in the head.

Filenamelol

I have fucked so many girls never said one thing and they always touch my chest not even brolic. Don't worry about just have chest hair to hide it