Dries Van Noten

Whats Veeky Forums opinion on Dries Van Noten. are they high end or mid end designer brand?

comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZZ95BpOL9S8?t=16m24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really enjoy their works.

But maybe it's just because I like golden clothes.

Also I would never have worn these pants but not having them in my wardrobe is one of my biggest failure.

this is what i feel about most of their pants. looks amazing and i kinda have to own them, but i cant find myself wearing them.

Loved that look too.

iktf

DvN is without question a high end designer label. Dries himself is one of the most intelligent and recondite designers. Of the other two you posted Marni is the odd one out. Lanvin is an og fashion house that I initially wrote off as simple designer with a huge price tag. The more collections I see the more I respect the house.

DvN though, is consistent as fuck even if he's not really up my alley. I'm still not really sure what the point of this thread is though. Are you looking for some sort of validation for liking the label or something?

just making conversation about Dries

Why do Veeky Forums hates discussion about actusl fasion?

my neighbour

grail

Because they wear athleisure and bargain bin designer leftovers for the most part.

Veeky Forums doesn't hate it but pretty much every one knows very little about fashion and if 10 people know how to discuss fashion it's a huge number. I know very little too so i can't help it.

> they
its one man, you dont refer to him (or his brand) as they.

> high end or mid end designer brand
what kind of retarded question is this, does it even fucking matter? how could one of the most succesfull members of the antwerp six that shows in paris be considerd a "mid end designer brand"

>comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?
again, how is this relevant, why would you compare him to two completley differend brands??

Veeky Forums has really gone to shit,not to imply that it was ever any good in the first place

High end undoubtedly.

Agree with this user. I haven't delved into him much but his patterns and designs are interesting though sometimes too "loud" if you get what I mean.

ji hye is cool.

It's filled with edgy teens who can't think for themselves are not may are interested in fashion Tbh

this. I'll admit I don't know so much as im still in the learning process but its enjoyable and fun to learn at least when there's good threads )(rarely) but this is the only place I know that contains fashion related discussion.

you sound pretentious as fuck. kill yourself.

He's clearly new to dries and wants to find out more and get peoples opinion. This isn't some high fashion breeding ground, is just a fashion forum meaning anyone from any level of knowledge is entitled to post.

once again kill yourself you pretentious fuck.

Little known fact: Dries van Noten is also a master troll

>sends this coat down the runway as the opening look of FW17
>"omg he's totally copying vetements"
>people confront him about it backstage
>coat is actually from 2008 and he just decided to put it in the collection anyway

when did vetements put out a coat like that?, maybe balenciaga under demna but not vetements, besides doble breasted boxy coats arent exactly extremley original

that was basically vetements's aesthetic in the first few collections before they went full meme.

But according to most self-declared fashion experts everyone who's doing oversized and/or boxy shapes now is copying vetements.

if he started a thread by saying that hes new to dries and wants to learn more id be happy to contribute but, i was outright triggered by the nonsense in the OPs post, besides, this is Veeky Forums (80%insults 20%content)

subtle kek.

fair enough. I take back my threatening statements, though come on, it's obvious he's clueless no point acting so pretentious on an oblivious user.

I agree his questions were stupid but we're all learning one way or the other. The majority of Veeky Forums don't care past wearing clothing of a well known brand/designer

im sorry but i just dont see it, yes vetements makes big outerwear, but so did a million designers before them, also i doubt dries would get accused of copying such a young and hyped up brand by anyone that has accses to the backstage and is able to "confront " him about it

youtu.be/ZZ95BpOL9S8?t=16m24s

Starts at 16:24

I mean of course it's not a direct copy, but you can't deny that the trend of oversized outerwear and wide shoulders came back due to vetements. It was probably just a way of saying "hey i did it first" in a cheeky manner.

What I love about Dries is the amount of research that goes into the use of different fabrics, patterns etc. He actually visits the factories in India etc, if he's doing some oriental references in a collection and it just shows that he really cares. And also how seasonless it is. It doesn't matter if a piece is 10 years old. It will still look good. You can just mix and match his collections.

And the price point is absolutely fair for the quality.

Opened this pic without reading your post or the filename and first thought was that this is margiela
The first few vetements collections were actually pretty good

Anyone here that is familiar with Dries van Noten?
I kind of get the look of his stuff, but I can't really pinpoint what his concept is, or how/why it's done the way it is.

You sounds like a cunt.

>Whats Veeky Forums opinion on Dries Van Noten. are they high end or mid end designer brand?
>
>comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?

Dries van noten is high end, he's possibly the most consistent designer ever

He is comparable to lanvin, he is not comparable to marni