Do you think baggy suits will become effay again thanks to President Trump?

Do you think baggy suits will become effay again thanks to President Trump?

I wear suits like pic related to work because they're comfortable as hell and traditional, but I'm wondering if they'll become mainstream again.

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/news/michael-anton-is-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-white-house-211930901.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

um yeah? this yohji faggot is already stealing the donalds style

Yes, but they only look good on non-manlets.

The Continental suit cut is a good choice if you aren't slim or need to mask some body imperfections but he wears it so badly. They still need to be tailored to actually fit.

I think you are confusing sic fit with big twit. :^)

Yohji clothing would confuse and anger the donaldo, let's hope Barron gets into fashion.

>Trump is 6'3
I always thought he was a manlet

According to Michael Anton, aka Publius Decius Mus, Trump likes to wear:

>So what does the White House’s resident dandy think of the president’s look? Trump’s penchant for unbuttoned suits and lengthy ties, and his trademark comb-over have been widely panned by style mavens. However, in his conversation with Yahoo News, Anton suggested Trump has done well by adopting a consistent look he feels good in.

>“I think he has a style that he’s very confident with that’s very much his own and that works for him,” Anton said of the president. “When you find what works with you, you should stick with it.”

>Anton, who was clad in an impeccable three-piece navy suit, noted that Trump favors “solid Roman tailoring.” He also pointed out that Trump almost always wears white dress shirts and solid-colored satin ties.

>“Is he ever not in a white shirt?” Anton asked.

>Photos show that Trump manages to keep his ties hanging unusually low by affixing a piece of Scotch tape to hold the short end in place, a fashion faux pas the men’s style bible Esquire described as simply “embarrassing.” Anton said he was unaware of Trump’s tie taping.

>“I did not know that,” Anton said with a laugh when Yahoo asked about Tapegate.

>Anton was less diplomatic when he was asked about the rest of Washington’s political class. He said too many rely on what he dubbed the “assistant secretary tie” in his book.

>“It’s a sort of D.C. staple. It’s not as common as it used to be,” Anton explained. “It’s that sort of striped tie, alternating red, silver, blue. It’s actually a Brooks Brothers pattern. Everybody has that tie.”

>Ditching that clichéd tie is Anton’s main sartorial advice for his fellow politicos.

>“I would say to people, move beyond that,” Anton said with a laugh.

yahoo.com/news/michael-anton-is-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-white-house-211930901.html

Trump is a life-long customer of Brioni. The Don has a spread in the 90s book 'brioni fifty years of style' book. He wears RTW as he thinks bespoke and made-to-measure are too time consuming.

Then he could have a mannequin made to his measure because he looks like a sack of shit in those ill-fitting suit and flapping ties.

He wears them because he is a tranny just like melania

he wears baggy because he's obese.

True. It is also the reason je wears his ties so long. At normal length the tie would accentuate his gut.

Check pics of him in the 80s, its just right.

>Manlet
>Ever becoming president of the US
Good one. Voters won't allow it.

I really don't get the point of buying an expensive status brand like Brioni if you're not going to get it tailored.

With that loose fit, Trump's suits don't look any better than the bargain line from any department store.

You obviously don't know about suits. That's more of a traditional fit. I understand that new males like their clothes tight. Kys

i wear super skinny suits to work and they feel comfier than baggy for some reason. maybe it's a psychological thing

Suits are meant to be worn a bit baggier than they are today. I see gents in there 20s wearing suits that are just too small for them. Their mobility is heavily restricted. The slim fit suits raf made were designed so you could still move your arms.

Is the lining of his jacket actually white ? Ugly as fuck

would could possibly go wrong with a /loose/ president? checkmate liverals

He buys things just because they are expensive. There are tons of other better options he could use but he's superficial and just wants the window dressing rather than the substance.

There has been a handful of US presidents between the heights of 5'4-5'10

We get it, it's a Continental cut. But it is still a bad fit when it hangs off the shoulders and bunches/pulls in weird places. Loose suits are really nice but they still need to fit.

>military inspired suit

what a fucking meme

He's even got the same baby feet as Donald.

Wrong. There obviously is a retail aesthic. And an elevated one, if one is aware of it.
You just are a half blind reddit mfa drone.
No need to respond with any "but le wymens like it" memes

I'm 100% sure he just wears his suits off the rack and ignores the tailor

His suits are brioni and bespoke.

The tuxedos that Daniel Craig wears in the James Bond movies are brioni. (Sometimes Tom Ford)

Rick Owens tailored suiting is brioni.

It's a high end brand. 1 suit is a solid 5 figures.

Long story short politicians wear baggy suits for a psychological effect just like dictators wear military uniforms

>Rick Owens tailored suiting is brioni.

Source on that please?

>I wear suits like pic related to work because they're comfortable as hell

found the fatass. No it looks awful and he only wears baggy clothes to hide his wide hips and massive ass

>it's a Veeky Forums doesn't understand how bespoke suits work episode.

He doesn't wear baggy suits
Extra fabric is for comf and making him look slimmer
There are pics of him in the Oval office without his suit jacket....his shirts are slim fitting, which and heavy set guy knows is the only kind of shirt that looks halfway decent
Check the Chris Christie debates in 2012, back when he was like 300. He looked pretty good using the same outfit guidelines

The ill-fitting baggy politician suits are a calculated look.
Why? To look approachable, down-to-earth.
If you think these guys don't know about tailoring and bespoke, you are naive.

Just look at this pic, the trousers, the shoulder divots, the shiny tie, sure they seem terrible, but the lapels alone betray the story.

Just another cliche like POTUS and the timex tradition. Like Clinton, timex in office, then as soon as he left office - a collection of 5 figure watches.

it doesn't become fashionable until you're trying to hide weight but it's been acceptable for older men to be fat for a long time now