Are geobaskets actually nice shoes? I'm a fan of their appearance...

Are geobaskets actually nice shoes? I'm a fan of their appearance, but for $650AUD he they better be then most comfortable shoes ive ever worn, even if 40% off

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/style/2016/05/rick-owens-olds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Help

what makes you think that price directly equates to comfort

fuck no, did you really look at these shoes and say "i bet theyre really comfortable"

if comfort is all you care about go buy a pair of ultraboosts

They are the Veeky Forums equivalent of wearing a pepe the frog shirt. If people don't know what they are they won't care, of if they do you're wearing a literal fr*cking meme.

This

Also why don't you go try them? (They're $650 AUD after all)

I saw some at Seoul at the Galleria, but everything was marked up and cost twice as much as the online store ($2000AUD not on sale), so I was afraid of damaging them, really.
The red lizard leather ones looked amazing in person, as well.

theyre comfortable once broken in if they actually fit you. the construction on them is amazing

this

you can also add an insole to for bonus comfort

>inb4 h8 just my opinion

They are uncomfortable as fuck
Ramones too
They are heavy and have a really weirdly shaped inside
You'll probably fuck up your feet in them
the construction is total shit. the leather is obviously great but the insole is made of two thin parts and cheaply glued onto the sole
the sole is hollow and will wear down within ~a year and a half also the zipper breaks easily
They look amazing in pictures but not made for the streets

Just get some OG AF1 fo real

Now before you guys hate on me rick is my fav designer and i own jackets as well as pants/shorts by him but shit like his tees and shoes are an absolute joke for everyday use. unless you want to shoot a rapvideo don't fall for the trick

RICK IS NOT A SHOE DESIGNER ffs

I wish i was wrong because they look nice af

this guy's retarded, rick's shoes are built like tanks, if you dont mind tapping the heels after a few months of heavy wear. why do you think dunks are still so readily available?

theyre pretty comfortable (for boots) after a bit of a lengthy break-in period, mostly due to the luxury honestly, but not great if your doing lots of walking as they are very heavy and kind of hard-soled

>tapping the heels after a few months

Got mine for 300€ brand new in local sale. Not sure if black is a good colorway, I like them actually. How to wear Geos without going full Rick?

m8 cobblers exist for a reason, taking care of your shoes is just logical thing to dot

theyre a lot more versatile then effay thinks, just be sure youve got something big on top. people say not to wear skinny pants but it works imo (with a kinda goofy kingdomheartscore vibe) as long as theres a big top to balance out the shoes. oversized tees, slightly baggy hoodies, parkas, whatever

they really only look bad if u have a super slim top half, and even then if the top half is rick it can be done (eg leather, dickflap, slim jeans, geos)

Fashion is about prestige, not value, and certainly not comfort.

Back to /b/ with you.

What prestige? You're just compensating for your lack of internal value by wearing uncomfortable overpriced shoes to make other people jealous because the hot girls and chad used to laugh at you in hs

You think people don't notice what you're doing?

Honestly as somebody who owned Geos and wore Rick some years earlier I can tell you most people won't really see your goofy ninja appearence with oversized sneakers prestigious. Some people actually openly mocked me.

Don't be so mean to him. He had to save up for 3 months to buy them.

ive seen so many nice fits with black geos, especially the non-full rick ones, just look at inspo for fits with high top boots and almost all of them will look great with those geos too

If you need designer shoes then get Raf's velcros (made in Italy ones). Imo they look nice and are much easier to wear.

Rick Owens Is for Olds
complex.com/style/2016/05/rick-owens-olds

this, i hope youre living in a bohemian area of a major city while wearing this avant garde stuff. You cant wear this stuff in like, Ohio

Are you trying to trick me? These look like the shoes that were worn by the 10 year old who still couldn't tie his shoes

why? just because they're velcro? its time to grow up and have an open mind

maybe fashion isn't for you

i'm not a huge fan of raf velcros either but you seem to be rather limited in your approach

t. someone who doesn't own them

>falling for the ultimate meme

Dick ovens are knockoff shit m8.

Meanwhile Balmain makes sneakers that are borderline indestructible and of much higher quality

Don't fall for the meme lads

unfortunately not all of us dress like niggers

man i love korea but they mark shit up so much it's insane. i just stick to the cheap liquor/food whenevr i visit

even if thats true they look like shit

They're the opposite of cute, though

Goofnigger is worse than regular nigger tbqh

Nah

umm. have you seen the heel drags on ramones and geobaskets before?

These look amazing, like a combat boot sneaker hybrid

wow its like u didnt even read my post

tap the heels after a few months of admittedly very very heavy wear and the rest of the shoe will likely last years

you *might* have to resole at some point if you're really tough on them for a very extended period of time but thats true of literally every shoe that has ever existed, and itll take way longer to get to that point with rick than the vast majority of shoe brands

Like the heel of the shoe peels off and you need to tape it back on?

this aesthetic is beyond dead

why do you still buy this shit

its been over half a decade since these were cool

are u retarded

this

I knew a kid that bought geos and got nothing but shit for them

If you can't see that and thing of different ways to piece it together maybe you should quit looking at geobaskets and other shoes and pick up some inoffensive vans or nikes. Not trolling, being 100% serious.

>Complex

Yeah, no.

They look straight up dumb. No one will ever really respect you wearing these things.

they arent comfortable by any means, but i got my pair a year ago and still love them just as much as the first day i got em. its more of a matter of if you like how the shoe looks or not. worst case scenario, you send them back

rick footwear is a faux pas to anyone with an actual sense of style

i only wear his jackets and base layers

>heel tapping sneakers

what actually is heal tapping?

they nail a little platform thing into the heel that prevents it from wearing down further, see pic

>not taking care of $500+ shoes so they'll last literally 10+ years

Geos look great and normal if you don't have size 12+ feet and are above 6'.

Stop dragging your fucking feet like retards and maybe your shoes won't wear out.

>if you don't have size 12+ feet
well they only come in one size bigger than 12 anyway

>I was afraid of damaging them

haha you fucking pussy

The white goes look nice, shame I'm afraid of buying them due to not being able to match with them.