FALL / WINTER 2017 DISCUSSION THREAD

ITT We discuss the FW17 Menswear season and the ongoing Womenswear collections.

Key word : DISCUSSION. "I liked x" is not discussion, please put effort into your posts and elaborate, let's start a dialogue, not a series of monologues.

Sweaters like this are gonna be the hottest shit this year

This has been a very strange season for me, with lots going on as fashion reacts to a world of flux. An uneasy atmosphere has been developing over the past couple seasons, and I feel like this is the season that alot of the tension is being finally released. We are still unsure of many things, but the industry seems ready to strap up and take its next step forward.

I feel quite detached from the happenings this season as I stopped scrolling through my instagram feed everyday like I used to, but part of it is also being tired of where fashion has been for a while now, and not being excited or passionate about the proposals being made. There also seems to be a ton of new labels and movements popping up which are hard and tiring to keep up with, but it is a sign that the sense of community and collaboration among the younger generation is really solidifying which is interesting. Seeing all this activity constantly forces me to reexamine my own position and proposals, whether I want to channel this energy and say something or be a discerning observer while I plan and time my next move.

E. Tautz had a couple standout looks, but from what I've heard it doesn't pull apart well into solid enough of a range. Which kind of makes sense, alot of the neat looks only seem to work because of the specific composition of certain elements within each piece ("that" texture / tone of denim what "that" weave of wool), but it isn't easy to achieve that same effect / arrangement with only 1 piece, then trying to buy / find other specifics to substitute / play with the same elements. Nice yes, but there isn't much else that would convince consumers to choose their basic wool trouser over another brand's.

J.W. Anderson is as consistent as ever, and i think the pace of his growth and brand is absolutely genius. It's very organic and every season I find myself drawn to his work more. This past sale season I bought my first piece which was a logo sweatshirt, and while it was really nice I let it go because I wanted to do it "right", and incorporate his core propositions into my dress instead of signaling through a logo. Easily one of the best right now, has such a strong signature and being able to build a universe around his brand (with his other projects that makes all of its output oh so wantable) at such a young age is absolutely remarkable.

Charles Jeffrey's 3 season run under MAN has come to an end, and while I admire the eccentricity and loudness of expression in his work, its progression has felt somewhat uneven to me and I am still left a little confused as to what his overall message is. I very much admire the theatrical nature of his work as well as the extravagant references to costume history, and the general energy / movement behind it all. I would like to partake as I relate to some of the ideas / subculture being pushed, but I cannot relate to alot of the pieces themselves. I think it would be great if he finds a way to manifest his signature into a basic staple like a sweater or tshirt, so that it still remains niche but is just a little more inclusive of its many admirers.

This shearling jacket is fucking phenomenal. Oftentimes it's the hardest to put your own signature on an established garment and still have it stand on its own, this just absolutely NAILED it!!

Wales Bonner won last year's LVMH Prize so I was really excited to see how that would affect her brand, but I was kind of disappointed this season. She seems like a very thoughtful and intellectual person, and what I really liked about her previous work was that its scale and intimacy reflected her qualities and made for a very genuine, emotional output. This definitely feels a little more commercial and ambitious to hit a wide range, but dangerously close to, dare I say, dilution. Even the silhouettes were a little all over the place and felt too passive, especially for a "fall" collection. The presentations were gorgeous, the recent shows detract from the magic.

But I've looked at enough collections and experienced how it translates to the sales floor to the wardrobe enough not to judge an entire season's work based on looks and styling. Just wish there were more standout looks / pieces here, I honestly can't find a single one personally whereas before I wanted just about everything.

The pattern mix at some parts were enjoyable, like the trousers and shoes here.

Nobody cares, cuck.

Kiko - been watching him for the past 3+ years and it's been inspiring to see how far he's come along. Not very compelling for me yet but given the scale of his operations and the fact that he seems to be a very product oriented designer, we'll just have to keep watching to see how it grows. His customers will be looking for a "Kiko trouser / jacket", etc.

He also seems to intentionally tailor his trousers to give them a "non-fashion" fit, which I am not so sure of. It makes sense given his love for Yohji and work / utility wear, but man some of those cuts look straight up nasty to me. If I were him I'd probably establish like 3 basic cuts (slim, tapered, wide), then just work off those all the time. But I'm not him so lol

All of these designers are fucking trash and you may aswell post streetwear because I'd rather look at shit which is overtly trash instead of shit which is pretentiously trash

True.

The Prada collection was strangely very comforting and relaxing, a safehaven during a time of chaos. Phenomenal range. Very appropriate for the moment, albeit on the other end of the spectrum. Such a tasteful proposition from one of the most intellectual women in fashion. Bravo!!

Onto the meat and bones of this season. Absolutely loved Balenciaga, they really hit the nail on the head with this one. Fuck, where do I even begin? This is so freakishly appropriate for the RIGHT NOW and how I was feeling, Demna & Co. always seem to be exactly 1 step ahead and are always able to be the very first to offer the aesthetic and products that people knew they wanted but couldn't quite put their finger on.

I thrift alot and it can be said that this is "thrifted clothes executed with high fashion level production", but that is exactly what is so good about it (and what was good about Hedi's Saint Laurent). It also frames certain design elements and styling methods in a clever way, revealing the charm in what most find tacky.

The tag on the cuffs of outerwear can often be found on old thrifted suits, a "passe" idea of luxury and formality, as are the diagonal all over logo print (the epitome of diffusion, what "bill" finds to be a "nice shirt" at Armani Exchange, the store that sells "nice clothes"), the cheeky "HOMME" graphic, etc. Many fashion faux pas which are reframed for reconsideration, such as dark shirt + light tie, functional layering with disregard to form, LOW WAISTED trousers (if this does come back it'll be the ultimate testament to Demna's unstoppable influence on fashion), all buttons done up on coat, floor-length silhouette that drops abruptly from the shoulders..

There is often an overlap between what is considered the most and least fashionable, on perfect display here in all its clever, cheeky glory. A common criticism is "it's not new, it's literally thrift / walmart, anyone could do that" - yes, anyone could, but they didn't, and they didn't do it now.

>I thrift alot
Not even surprised, lmao.

not op but jesus christ you guys are plebeian

Really like this look and the way it plays with the masculine dynamic. The heavy shoes evoke a sense of power, groundedness, and intimidation, while the thigh high socks are quite homoerotic and "up and personal", who the man is when he retreats to the privacy of his own home and sheds his corporate persona. What are in the multiple leather shopping bags seen in some other looks? Anniversary gifts for his wife? Corporate gifts (bribes)? Both?

It's quite unfashionable to project too active of an interest in fashion. Unless you are blessed with the right features and your lifestyle provides proper context for much of fashion, it's too easy to look like a victim. If you can't look "on point" via high fashion, you have the one other option that offers equal (or potentially more) cultural capital, which is to look "on point" via non-fashion. There are so many people out on the streets who lack fashion consciousness, but because of the lack of that mental filter (barrier) they are able to end up with very interesting outcomes (old people and hobos are fly as fuck). The reason Vetements (purists, not hype graphic print oriented consumers) and Balenciaga are so appealing to people like me is that it lets us be "stylish in secret", it fulfills our guilty pleasure of wanting to look more "lower class", more "authentic" than we actually may be, lets us project a sense of NONCHALANCE, which is the true luxury in these clothes. An experiential luxury. People may say "that's cringey, fucking posers" but that's how it works & how it's always worked, even outside of fashion : individuals in low and medium classes wanting to look like each other. We know it, and Demna knows it. That is why he offers what he does. People aren't buying it because they think it's the objectively best looking garment to everyone else. They're buying it to disassociate with parts of fashion they don't like, and BECOME the primary source of inspiration for themselves and others who share the same tastes.

Speaking of corporate work there was a new brand on the radar this season called BILLIONAIRE, which I thought was really funny and badass for how unforgivingly hypermasculine it was. It was actually refreshing to see conservative menswear turned up to the max in a time where traditional masculinity is so frowned upon.

Huge cock core

Going to bed, will be posting more in the morning and throughout the Womenswear shows in the coming weeks.

what i like most about Gvasalia's design for Balenciaga (and in for vetements too) is his semi-ironic sense of buisness: everyone gets crazy for his avant-garde and cutting edge fashion, but really most of the pieces from balenciaga are perfectly wearable by everyone.
And I loved the last vêtements collection cause it gets even further: as people expect vêtements to put out some weird shit (aka the played out oversised sweaters), he just makes a normal collection. most of the clothes were litterally normal, looking unintentionnaly badly cut or boring. It doesn't look like "normcore" (if the expression is still in use) or antifashin, it just looks completely normal. But the buisness sense is still present, a lot of pieces are still "vêtements-staples" (it's fun to see that a brand existing for only 4 years aldready has staple pieces)

Looking like some Tudor Armour man.

We get it, op.

epic

Hedi's "thrift store" style was ingenious and original with inspiration drawn from rock & roll related subcultures of the past and had actual charm. This is just fucking over the top and has no fucking appeal.

There was nothing 'thrift' about hedis slp tho, I don't know where you are coming with this
It was just "hey how about we take iconic peacocky rock'n'roll items and make them slim"
Ironically enough the latest show where Hedi was missing and that touched more on 80s was genuinely the most interesting to date.

is there a single vetements piece that isn't fucking garbage?
i love this brand for being a dipshit identifier.

i wouldn't wear it; i thought that the brand was garbage too, but when you look at their collections, the first have some cool asymtrical clothing and so on, and the last really moves forward by putting purely normal/ugly clothing on the runway. Vetements does what I hoped Martin Margiela would make when i started looking up the brand

thanks for a reasonable response to my shitty post my dude.

but yeah, seeing a teen wearing the vetements basic sweathshirts makes me want to put my eyeballs out. the other day i saw a fat girl wearing an oversised vetements sweatshirt (but as she was fat or maybe that she even bought it too small, it just looked like another roomy sweatshirt that every 15yo girl has), paired with black leggings and red rafs ozweegos, i both wanted to pull my eyeballs out and become violent. spending almost 1k on clothes at such a young age to look like a moronic teen makes me so fucking mad

>incorporate his core propositions into my dress instead of signaling through a logo
that's beautiful OP and definitely don't let this go - we have to prove to designers it's sometimes more about the fashion than it is about the branding.

>getting upset over what other people wear
wow user how come you are such a pretentious faggot

thats not what pretension is

True enough it's elitistic unwarranted faggotry
Though I'm assuming he is pretentious fuck as well, usually the people who judge other people on how they dress tend to be

pretentious faggot here
i don't judge people over their clothes, i don't care about clothes all that much. i don't care about people dressing badly or not caring about how they dress because obviously that's not their problem.
the problem is that someone so young spends that much money (her parent's money obviously) to look that bad. i have an issue with teens using their parents money to buy expensive clothes in general (canada goose, supreme etc). an other issue is that their parent's behaviour that make the young people think this kind of behaviour is normal. then, second thing wrong: spending that much to buy things that are not completely normie-brands (vetements is still kinda cutting edge, at least where i live) to look that normal. buying certain brands should imply that you have the taste to wear it and not look like a moron, and the intelligence to look past the "muh ironic heavy metal designs on oversized sweatshirts" (when you surely don't listen to heavy metal). i know that around 90% of the people that buy vetements think like that and that's fucking despicable.
people's clothes are statements and are linked to a whole mentality, and i don"t judge her for how she looks, but for what she bought says about her.

>i don't judge people over their clothes
> it just looked like another roomy sweatshirt that every 15yo girl has), paired with black leggings and red rafs ozweegos, i both wanted to pull my eyeballs out and become violent
You do.
You are a huge fucking faggot to be honest, your attempt to 'justify' such bullshit is fucking pathetic, get over yourself.

>buying certain brands should imply that you have the taste to wear it
jesus christ do everyone a favor and go accesorize with a bullet in your skull right now that's the pretty cutting edge and tasteful

vetements-hoodie wearing asian teens detected

Good thing we have such enlightened and fashion-savy intellectual individual among us to tell us who is worthy of wearing fashion brands and who is not.
Pity the day that poor teenager realizes that she liked vetements for all the wrong reasons and didn't even have your approval to wear the brand, she must feel like such a fool.

that's not a pathetic attempt at justifying myself, that's an explanation of what i think. i don't judge everyone by their clothes, i judge some people over the choices they make. then again, if you see nothing wrong with 10 year olds wearing moncler, i guess it's fine, go live your happy life thinking that what you buy says nothing about you

>genuine attempt to use the board for it's intended purpose and this is the response

you're the reason we can't have nice things

that aside Dior Homme was a big winner for me. lots of intimidating looks with color palettes to match but not too outlandish. a real dystopian clandestine operation feel to most of the looks. props to KVA for this one.

Fuck that coat is beautiful.

(You)

>that fucking second to right
s-stop making my favourite sneakers look like shit

>that's an explanation of what i think
Which is literally you trying to justify your completely unwarranted hate towards something
And what it boils down is "It's bad because I don't like it" or in hip Veeky Forums speak
>muh feelings
Which frankly, no one gives a fuck about
>. i don't judge everyone by their clothes
But you do you dumb fuck, that post was
>I don't judge people
>but here is paragraph of me explaining that I judge people
Is your IQ 2 digits or are you pretending to be dumb

>if you see nothing wrong with 10 year olds wearing moncler, i guess it's fine, go live your happy life thinking that what you buy says nothing about you
But user there is nothing wrong with that. If 10 year old likes it then that's all there is to it.
>thinking that what you buy says nothing about you
I never said that, you just assumed this. Everything is communication after all so of course what you buy says something about you.

>muh feelings
the man never said anything about feelings

>I don't judge people
>but here is paragraph of me explaining that I judge people
but he didn't say that, it was more like 'I dont judge people based on this, I judge them based on this'

I dont even care about this argument, but quoting like this triggers me

>the man never said anything about feelings
No he did not but that is how he justifies being elitist prick, literally nothing to do with anything other than that he feels that it's the wrong thing to do, so his argument is nothing but
>muh feelings

>but he didn't say that, it was more like 'I dont judge people based on this, I judge them based on this'
That is LITERALLY what I said, he claims he doesn't judge people then goes to write wall of text saying he judges people, what a dumb dummy.

>tfw I just want to discuss fashion but the threads been overrun with autists bickering

>But user there is nothing wrong with that. If 10 year old likes it then that's all there is to it.
Not him but, although there is nothing wrong with it and it doesnt make me angry, it does irk me a bit personally seeing expensive clothes worn like fast fashion

it just seems like a waste I guess

like people wearing geobaskets badly as 'flexing' pieces or whatever

>it does irk me a bit personally seeing expensive clothes worn like fast fashion
right
well that makes you a pretentious elitist faggot
>it just seems like a waste I guess
Because you come up with some bullshit in your head thinking it's like that, it has no basis in reality unfortunately. How do you even 'wear something like fast fashion'?

seriously? it doesn't bother you at all that people spend 1K on fucking kids' clothes? it doesn't bother you either that kids can grow up thinking that this is what they are entitled to? it's not even about looks or brands or quality or fast or low fashion, it's just about having an education, learning about the value of things (and spending so much on a coat that the kid will be to tall to wear next winter is,all else aside, a huge waste of money)

lmaoo pic this is so embarassing

>it doesn't bother you at all that people spend 1K on fucking kids' clothes?
Why would it? I'm not very preoccupied with how other people spend their money. They make clothing for kids that costs a lot, of course there is a market for that, they wouldn't sell otherwise.
>it doesn't bother you either that kids can grow up thinking that this is what they are entitled to
No, again why would it. Your background doesn't determine you becoming an asshole, I've met plenty of poor people who were total idiots.
>it's just about having an education, learning about the value of things
You literally just assume someone who is wearing something is like that, you don't know them, this is why you are pretentious faggot.

>well that makes you a pretentious elitist faggot
ok

>it has no basis in reality unfortunately
are you saying that there is nothing objective about the quality of fits?

>How do you even 'wear something like fast fashion'?
badly

the way you probably wear your ricks

>Your background doesn't determine you becoming an asshole
socioeconomics status has a massive environmental factor in how people behave

>are you saying that there is nothing objective about the quality of fits?
I'm saying that YOU judging people inside your head has no objective real life quality, it's just you being petty pretentious gaylord.
>socioeconomics status has a massive environmental factor in how people behave
Interesting, wanna point me to the study that links being asshole with socioeconomic background?

>You literally just assume someone who is wearing something is like that, you don't know them, this is why you are pretentious faggot.
i've known enough of these people to assume they are like that, yes. these are the people that go to shitty overpriced buisness schools where it is only thanks to their parents' money that they are allowed, that do coke on week days payed with their parents money, drive fast cars before getting a well payed job at the end of their studies thanks to their network. these people grow up to be assholes never stepping out of their golden bubble.

>i've known enough of these people to assume they are like that
I've known enough those people to know they aren't like that. Your anecdotal evidence unfortunately does not have any weight in real life, you are just further cementing that yeah, you are just pretentious projecting dick.
And you sound bitter as hell, maybe try improving your life instead of being jealous of those who have it better.
Funny how this derailed from discussion about 'justification' of wearing something to you venting, but feels probably good get it out of your chest, now to fix your attitude problems.

There is some serious talent here.

I mean just look how he managed to make a giant wall of text about some cringy utterly blatant shit coming from noname shit designers that nobody cares about.

>Thread that might go beyong the "bruh this fire nigga w2c" is ruined by mind-reading pseud telling how its bad to judge based on appearance while he judges another anonymous retard on slave trading cartoon forum.

>noname shit designers
What are same designers that you like?

Justify this though. There are some nice pieces in the collection but KVA seems to have randomly picked a popular theme; comes across as extremely vacuous.

you do know that you're applying to me the same judgment you say i'm applying to others, right?

what exactly needs to be justified here?

Printing Christian Dior with that slogan underneath. Honestly cringe worthy.

it goes along with the theme of the show you dunce

I've always been indifferent on the whole erratic graphic and text on designs. I don't hate them but I still haven't seen one that I like enough to even think about maybe buying. Raf and his popular parka is probably the biggest culprits of this. I agree this is probably the worst of the collection.

the whole rave sublimation print shit isn't as bad but I still wouldn't buy

I'm just calling you out for being pretentious, don't take Veeky Forums meme speak hyperboles so serioulsy

Which is? Rave?

I liked KvA a lot a while back, but his last few collections have been embarassing. It's like he's trying to do something like Raf did at Dior with honoring the original Christian Dior and design collections under an overall theme, but it just comes off as tryhard and fake. Rave culture and a luxury designer label do not match. "just let us rave", "hardior", "#kvasquad" (aka people we pay to wear our clothes)...it's quite embarassing.

I was using the sweater as the epitome of pretty much this

he's been struggling to find his path at homme
but dior's corporate focus will always be on the women's rtw and hc, homme is the ignored child
especially with the current women's, homme is absolutely overshadowed, so he has to find something that'll make waves, and this collection was awful

>Rave culture and a luxury designer label do not match

who said? this all plays into why he made the collection, to move to house and the world of fashion forward and keep boring people like you out

It honestly baffles me how people can like the new Balenciaga menswear. It looks like someone tried to recreate old Raf and Margiela collections with bargain bin clothes. It's honestly kind of offensive how shamless some of these looks are ripped off. The suits with the sneakers, the leather shopping bags...and it's all so incredibly ill-fitting and bland.

look at this. It's looks like a fucking Veeky Forums waywt fit

People who buy Dior clothes that appropriate rave culture are the epitome of boring in my book. And I don't think even KvA himself would describe his work as "moving fashion forward". Dior homme has been stagnant for the last five years.

>It's looks like a fucking Veeky Forums waywt fit
Dont be rude, it looks way better than Veeky Forums waywt.

>j.w. anderson
>wales bonner
>noname designers
you must be new to fashion in general

lmao why are you even here, literally everything went right over your pleb head

>look at this. It's looks like a fucking Veeky Forums waywt fit
fuck you're right

at least you tried, OP

did you even watch the SS16 SL show? it was literally based off of california kids who thrift all their clothing

>People who buy Dior clothes that appropriate rave culture are the epitome of boring in my book.

>want designer cuts and quality
>want to try something new
>"hurr boring"

ok

Eh it was more just take on grunge, which admittedly has that kinda homely worn look

not that user but c'mon dude, as a huge hedi fan, his aesthetic was inherently thrifted heroin chic
there's even photos online of clothes found at a thrift being near 1:1s with new saint laurent clothes

it's not a bad thing
but call a spade a spade

Oh please teach me the deep hidden secrets Balenciaga and Vetements have to offer. Like putting Bernie Sanders campain logo and Kering's logo on sweaters and pairing it with illfitting trousers that show off your junk...I'm sure there's something I don't get.

no, that was FW13

I literally have show notes and it denotes the cast as "california kids"

yeah what you posted is exactly what you don't get, it's all laid out here for you

sorry if your limited exposure to high fashion prevents you from understanding

It seems more like the people buying Vetements and Balenciaga are the ones that don't get that they have become the butt of the joke. If I see someone wearing a Vetements hoodie on the street nowaways my expression is usually a mix of second hand embarassment and pity.

demna is a cheeky cunt
everything he has done so far is him blatantly acknowledging that his followers are teens who cannot afford anything he designs
the bernie clothes and kering hoodie are perfect examples of this
he's been very political since throwing his name in the mix, and in my opinion, it comes off as facetious
he's laughing at us
so i get why you dont like it

i dont like it either, but my reasoning is a bratty approach since margiela means so much to me, demna just seems like the diet coke version

why? cause they found joy in clothing and a fit that they like? i think it's a pity that other people's choice in clothing affects you so much

But I get that. This is exactly why I don't like it. I don't have a problem with using humor in fashion. I actually think fashion needs more of it. But there's a big difference between, say the humor JW Anderson uses and the cyncism displayed in Vetements and Balenciaga. And what baffles me the most about it is that Vetements did not feel like this at all when they started out. It seemed like they had a genuine passion in breaking out of the system and doing their own thing, which now turned into playing with and using that system to get rich.

The perfect example for this is their current collection with all the collaborations. This would have been a chance to give people access to their ideas that usually couldn't afford their clothes. But instead of selling an Eastpak backpack for the price it usually costs, they are selling it for 650€. It's literally an Eastpak backpack with a slightly bigger handle. It just makes me sad.

you didnt see this from the beginning? really? i got the "you're not in on this joke" feeling since they first made waves
the eastpak isn't that different than the dhl tee
it's expected of them, at least for me

maybe it's a meta approach to consumerism
maybe demna and his brother are just dickheads

what issue do you have with them making money?

I don't think there really is cynicism in it, they are just taking the piss out of everything, the whole ss17 collab bullshit was hilarious, there is hardly any irony in it anymore. And it feels like they had insider information about the Supreme x LV because the timing was too perfect

But I have the feeling that Vetements and to a lesser extent Balenciaga only work as long as this "your not in on the joke" thing still applies. Because there's simply not much else there. The designs themselves are nothing new or exciting in my opinion. It's all been there before (sometimes not even more than 2 years ago). Maybe it's just hard for me to grasp this, because I don't see who benefits from this "meta approach to consumerism" at this point other then Vetements themselves. Why would I want to spend this much money on a brand that's looking down on me as a customer? Why would I want to spend 2500€ on a bomber jacket made by alpha industries when I can buy the original for 100€ when it only shows that I'm a victim of how hype in the fashion industry works?

Someone hasn't read Style Rookie. Pretentious, ageist, judgemental twit.

Are you sure you aren't just jelly of their privilege? I like to see kids taking an interest in fashion. Sure they won't get it 'right' for a while but who cares?

you saw designs like this less than 2 years ago? pray tell where

This is very nice

Dries opened his fw2017 with this coat he designed in 2008. This oversized aesthetic has been there before. I'm not saying Vetements didn't play a role in bringing it back, but it's not original in any way. I mean the "power shoulder" is basically an 80s thing.

nothing is original but demna is definitely pushing boundaries

hey OP I don't actually have anything to add but I want to say I appreciate this post

I thought I'd say that because the angry autists are the only ones commenting

>0-3 sad onions

i care. fashion isn't about buying expensive pieces from more or less edgy brands, it's about having a personnal taste, knowing how to wear clothes and not where to buy them. a big part of fashion is wearing ugly clothes nicely at that age. buying expensive clothes should come later. in the case i was talking about, the clothes are ridiculously expensive and the result completely plain. it's all just taking to the extreme the idea that to be a cool kid you had to wear abercrombie, or canada goose, or moncler; no good comes out of that because the purchases and the style are motivated by hype, not by taste
then again, we most surely all looked cringy at some part of our teens. i know i did, but i didn't spend that much money on looking cringy

that's the whole point of vetements i think, this whole half ironything; in themselves, the pieces don't stand out, and if i had the money to buy such expensive clothes i'd buy something else. but it's really fun to see what they're doing from pretty far away

Y/Project has been a brand I've been looking forward to seeing in the past 2-3 seasons. The excitement came from its high risk balancing act, but this season I felt things went too far off the deep end. Their strength for me was offsetting the chaos of the looks / collection with crazy but wearable denim, but this season the denim was not "wearable" at all.

They've also been somewhat of a "vetements alternative" for me, they play with many of the same elements which makes sense given the designers went to school together around the same time, but I think Y/Project would benefit from further differentiating themselves, as sometimes the similarities (even the video format of the show) are too striking and I feel people tend to glaze over it because of this.

I picked up a pair of the super long jeans last season, definitely a brand to watch that I'm looking to buy more into in the future.

Love this shot from Loewe, reminds me of Wes Anderson movies