ITT: Historical Weeaboos

ITT: Historical Weeaboos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y1MrZUmMpZM
youtube.com/watch?v=mXWkIZUPmDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Matthew Perry was the original anti-weeaboo, though.

But samurais and shit were cool. Anime, especially the modern stuff, is just fucking stupid.

inb4 all the actual weebs come out of the woodwork

anime and shit is cool and you're just fucking stupid

I will say that at least they were exposed to actual Japanese culture and had a more informed opinion of Japan.

Not the one you are replying to. I think if you are into anime it is fine, though it isn't something I like. As long as you are not hurting anyone do what you will but don't expect me to approve of it either.

Is that Commodore Perry? I thought he had long hair and no 'stache.

Read the file name and apply your knowledge of popular culture and history. That's Jules Brunet, the man who's mostly responsible for the modernization of Japan's army and navy. Remember Tom Cruise in Last Samurai? His character is supposed to be Jules Brunet, except American because a war movie with a French protagonist wouldn't sell well in 'Murika.

Well I think if you are into samurais and shit it is fine, though it isn't something I like. As long as you are not hurting anyone do what you will but don't expect me to approve of it either.

Van Gogh at some point of his life

Japonisme my man.
The original weebs.

Not particulary interested into samurai. But honour is something that does interest me, the issue with it is however that it can be easily be abused by those in power. I think honour should be something indepedent of power.

I've never seen Last Samurai because I have fucking taste
Just like I've never seen any anime
It's for dweebaboos

>I've never seen Last Samurai because I have fucking taste
Shame. If you can control your autism it's a great film. It does romanticize the samurai and adds things like that they didn't use guns just to make them seem even more noble than they were. But apart from this it's a great and moving film about the last days of the samurai. The village sequence is one of my favorite sequences in movies. Great soundtrack by Hans as well.
It also unlike popular belief manages to transcend the "White savior" trope, since ultimately Tom Cruise doesn't save anything, he's just a western perspective that's there to witness the last days of this dying warrior caste.
youtu.be/Y1MrZUmMpZM

>Shame
What the fuck, man? I find this attitutde utterly repulsive. Are you the same user who called me racist because I haven't heard the Hamilton soundtrack?

Akira
Cowboy Bepop

Worth watching

Everything else is meh but I come across some cool shit once in a while.

>I think
No one cares

Christ, the most entry level style over substance tripe.

>Everything else is meh
spoken like a true pleb

London theatre goers in 1885

youtube.com/watch?v=mXWkIZUPmDY

i love his dumb little swastikas

>the "I just started watching anime a couple months ago and grew out of AoT" starter pack

More like the "I hate anime for no reason but I want to appear as if I gave it a chance so I'll just watch a couple of the most "anti-weeb" western friendly things and call it a day" starter pack.

Lafcadio Hearn an Irish-Greek author who emigrated to Japan and changed his name to Koizumi Yakumo.

Forgot, Checked.
Also forgot, Checked.

Is there anywhere the Irish haven't emigrated to?

Ireland?

No.

t. Irishman in Djibouti.

What about Townsend Harris, the most loved historical weeaboo of all?

Is English your second language?
He's not shaming you, he's expressing regret that you haven't seen it