What in your opinion is the perfect pair of blue jeans in terms of fit and quality?

What in your opinion is the perfect pair of blue jeans in terms of fit and quality?

If you're tempted to say 511s don't even bother posting in my thread

L E V I S

5 1 1

vintage levis

i thenk dey called 5 11 livis or samthing lik dat

ma favirte jens

levi's 511 are my favorite but im really starting to like levi's 511 too

1947 501s they say but I prefer 1955 version

Probably levis 511's

all jokes aside, it is literally the 511s

Big fan of the high taper fit coming out of Collect Mills, including Momotaro 0105SP, Japan Blue JB0601, and my personal favorite, the ODJB001. Pic related.

that fit would look so much better with some nice 511 vintage levi's

Back in my days the memejean was the 501.

I like vintage 501s. I take them to a tailor so they fit a more tapered slim style. Almost like a 511

Dude, are you talking about the 511? It's the best!

i'm lurking Veeky Forums to get a better sense of fashion and i wear 511's.

What's wrong with them?

Inconsistency in how they are manufactured for one. The fabric is pretty wimpy too. I only wear them as work pants as I know they won't so much as last a year.

What style is this?

Lazy hemming. Looks like a slim fit.

Levi's are notorious in their fit. Their QC has gone down over the years to the point where their 514 slim fits can end up the same as their 505 loose fits these days. That level of inconsistency is just too much.

All mainline levi's are shit. Got to get their higher end stuff if you want anything decent. It's harder to find, though.

we were having this discussion just the other day, what's a good brand for jeans then?

That's what I'm asking. I usually get them at club monaco, but the one near me closed down. I not really into raws anymore either. J crew's jeans are a lot nicer than they used to be, but couldn't find a pair i liked. Might have to sack up and go to blue and green in nyc or something.

Levis 511, I love their low rise.

>slim fit

It's probably just tailored regular fit jeans.

low rise, stretch
it's a very dated model
>505
>loose

wrangler cowboy cut

A word to the wise: don't even bother with 513s or 514s.

There's plenty of great brands for denim with better fit and quality than Levi's available, but it's a matter of what you're looking for. Need something basic and relatively inexpensive that isn't raw? American Eagle are comfy. Looking for lightweight raws that are unique? Lots of offerings from Naked & Famous usually fall in the 12oz range, with some going down to even 8oz for the summer. Want some unique wefts while retaining that deep blue? Pure Blue Japan and Oni Denim.

>american eagle
>actually still recommending fast fashion, alongside 2009-tier "workwear" brands

The problem I have with Levi's is that every pair of 511s I have are made in a different country, from a different kind of denim and if i compared them, likely a slightly different cut. Also the 511 is mad wide from the knee down and very much needs a taper.

saint laurent paris, dior homme, patty ervell usually what i'm hosen in

Yeah, I'm not a fan, but people seem to really love their American Eagle jeans. I stick to heritage wear, but want others to have options. Not everyone is willing to throw down $200+ on a pair.

Who here has any experience with the 501ct's?

Anyone have any thoughts to share on G star Raw? Actually curious and I've been to their locations in New York

I don't really have one. I've not worn a whole lot of different jeans per se but when I was a kid (poor) I wore Lee, Wrangler and Levi's. I hated wearing jeans because of them and love shorts very much. Then, eventually, I wanted to be emo for autistic reasons so I got lots of bullhead denim (shit tier quality). Aside from some cheap Monday pants I got on sale, the jeans in my currrent lineup are all fitted from Buckle, a company specializing in fitting for denim. Salvage Denim has held up the best and has some nice intricacies. Rock Revival is heavy, somewhat overly designed (very attention grabbing), and has a tendency to get snagged. It has started to rip slightly at the knee (not noticeable). However, they look absolutely immaculate when worn- objectively without accounting the rest of the fit, Rock Revival looks the best.

Also, may I get some opinions on True Religon Jeans?

dubs of truth

Not a fan, though they have their place in streetwear.

ID on boots?

Unfortunately, I don't know. You could send a quick email to Okayama Denim and ask. They're usually pretty quick to respond.

n&f is fine and better than the majority of shit posted in this thread

whether you consider it a "workwear" brand or not doesn't change the fact that the denim they use is good and often unique, and the cuts are good too.

>low waisted
>"cuts are good"

whats wrong with low waisted jeans

uncomfortable, fucks with proportions, cant tuck anything in, plumbers crack

telltale sign of cheap and shitty clothing

Not a fan of low waisted denim cause of how they fit for my build. I prefer a medium to medium low rise so my balls have room. Also, with low waisted denim, can't tuck your shirt in.

i don't have a problem with them being "low waisted" (lol)

are you sure you aren't just fat?

spoken like a true millennial. you've probably never worn anything else.

no pair of pants is going to make this unfortunately shaped person look good

>spoken like a true millennial.

so you're fat and nearly 40?

No dick room
Uncomfortable

>resorting to personal attacks
so are you admitting defeat or what

show me a situation where low rise pants work better than the alternative, or gtfo

>show me a situation where low rise pants work better than the alternative

when you're fit and lean as fuck and have glutes/hips for your pants to sit on

if you're a skinny-fat, doughy manchild then yeah i can understand why you need a 13 inch rise, otherwise your fat rolls would flop over the front and your love handles spill out the sides

lookin good man

do you exclusively wear skinny jeans too? just wondering

this doesn't happen to me when i bend over but i would imagine it's because my pants actually fit correctly

>>do you exclusively wear skinny jeans too?

yeah lol i wear skinny jeans

Which looks better to you?

neither fit very well

>Skipping calf day
>oh wait that's just shitty genetics

>tucking into low waisted jeans
>with the hem on the ankle
>with docs
It's not the pants

can anyone recommend some quality midrise jeans then? i just realized thats why my legs don't look as long as they are, ive been wearing low rise this whole time

so jelly

You could try a pair of Naked & Famous in the Weird Guy fit to see how it works for you. They have a very mild taper but they're pretty comfy. If you want something with a closer taper, Japan Blue JB0601 might be a better option, especially if you have larger thighs.

im looking at the N&F super skinny guys right now, gonna make the trip to philadelphia to try some on, thanks

Just remember to size for the thighs and knees, and expect the waist to stretch an inch, so if it's snug in the waist, it'll loosen up after a few days. If it's too tight in the thighs and knees, don't expect it to get much better.

Also, the super skinnies are low rise, whereas the weird guy and easy guy fits are mid rise.

>trip to philadelphia
why dont you just move to center city like a human being

you literally only get like an inch more of rise

afraid of high waist or what?

I like 510s.. Ne1 else?

Except the LVC stuff is as expensive as Japanese brands that are far better. LVC products are only good at steep discounts.

Excellent taste

Can anyone give me any advice on what kind of dress shoes to wear with a nice pair of dark jeans? Like a dark blue pair of lucky jeans with a straight or tapered leg?

I'm in my 30s so I'm not going with a sneaker. Does a black chukka work? I usually wear it with a black or grey button up.

Any other ideas on a nice versatile shoe to wear with those jeans?

Post pictures of possible.

Thanks from this zero fashion user.

Chuckas, bucks, derbys. whichever type you feel most comfortable with

Gee I wished my thighs rubbed together for 6 inches so I could only wear shorts and sweatpants!

are you always this triggered by people in better shape than you?

Thanks. But are black chukkas OK with dark jeans and a grey or dark button up?

Seems everyone on the internet is set on only brown with dark jeans and to change the shirt. Not to mention my nice coat is grey.

I was sad that Levi discontinued the 513 and 514, until I saw that the 511 fit had changed and it's now more similar to the 513.

L E V I S

5 1 1

Vintage Levi's 501s are the only jeans worth wearing.

Wearing literally any other jeans is just gay as shit.

Yeah, it's fine, but post a picture for the best advice

ervells selvedge denim fits well above the knee but the taper ruins the whole thing desu

the ones that he did 5-6 years ago (and presumably wore) have the ideal jean fit

American Eagle jeans are always my go to. Very comfortable and come in all sorts of varieties for you Veeky Forumsggots

a weird fit. Bought the black pair and its baggy but at the end has a tighter leg opening.

true religions are trash. Poor quality for a high price tag

Is there a infographic or anything on buying vintage Levis? I like their XX denim because it's heavy but can't fin any that is selvedge.

Baggy around the top, slim along the leg.

>a weird fit. Bought the black pair and its baggy but at the end has a tighter leg opening.

so.. exactly like a tapered 501?

what the fuck did you expect?

I have 20ish pairs of Trues

All have been great quality jeans that have lasted a long time and a built to be durable

Don't be a bitch because you are poor and cannot afford them

Trues are good, I also like the fit and feel of Jacob Cohen jeans & Belstaff

stahp

these are boot cut, just so you know

i don't understand why you guys want tight pants. 501 and 505 are perfect, you just need to size them correctly and have the inseam hit your ankle properly

This thread is making me lose faith in jeans. Glad I've started to wear other pants more often.

501s are definitely not baggy. around the top or otherwise.

they aren't

boot cut would widen at the hem. i wish though.

Japan Blue's tapered and high-tapered models fit excellently, and they come in some great fabrics. Best cost:quality ratio out there right now if you buy from Okayama Denim or Demimio.

I think the tapering is the best part

This is how I want to dress when I'm older

w2c shirts with this fit? and jeans too for that matter. im close to this build and shit fits me weird

That's good, but it's also good to have a good pair of blue jeans in your wardrobe.

motherfucker this is how i dress now 99% of the time.

I have 1 pair of 510s that fit me well and a pair of old Navy jeans I've had since sophomore year of high school (I'm 21 now). I'm set for a while. I just find myself wearing black chinos and grey or black trousers or even lightweight khakis far more often now.

I wear diesel safados mainly

what color levis 511s are closest to this guys jeans
pls hlep

>this guy
Do you not know who he is? Why are you here?

wranglas