How do you take care of your nails Veeky Forums?

Im a man I just cut them when they get long

I don't.
> bite nails and skin as a kid
> fucked up, deformed nail growth
> pink skin around nails

Cut them when long.
Always use base coat when using nail varnish.

Guys who the fuck do I stop biting my nails.
Worst of all I do it unconsciously

How

With my teeth.

Acrylic extensions and luxury pedicures because vanity.

girls with well-manicured hands >>>>.

I cut them as short as possible

Push back cuticles, trim down to have just a little bit of the white part left, and then round the edges with a file. Also clean under them with a brush every day.
Makes them look nice and tidy, but not faggy.

Dip hands into lemon juice and when you put it in your mouth it'll taste bad so you won't do it , it's how we got my brother to stop doing it lol

I use this translucent nail polish and it reeks like a chemical shit, even days after I apply it. I only bought it because it should make my nails stronger and harder, they did get better but that is probably because of my change in diet and not this useless stinky product.

At least I don't bite them anymore.

Cut and file them down every Sunday

can you guys recommend some cheap but good handcream? something that doesn't leave you with a shiny and greasy feel

start doing it consciously
from now on you bite your nails to keep them short
if they are not long, don't bite
problem solved

Post pic, I bet they look faggy.

I peel the entire nail off

Thats just a meme, the bad taste does nothing to put everyone off.

Get them done professionally once and then see how nice they look. Look at other people's hands and feel embarrassed about how short yours are. File them when they get rugged, apply hand cream gently once a day. Take care of them and be easy on yourself. If you' do it when you're stressed, try to find other things you can do (chew gum to keep your mouth busy, draw or read to keep your hands busy, wear gloves when you're outside).

Glysomed, L'Occitane, Aesop.

i eat them

Jesus I love your nails, even not knowing if youre a boy or a girl

This for years, finally stopped biting last year. How do i fix the damage?

i get a nailclipper and cut them every week

If I'm doing them myself, file, buff, cuticle oil + trimming cuticles (gently), strengthening base coat (I use OPI) + Dior nail glow (it just gives a healthy colour and keeps them shiny). If I'm getting them done, I usually just get a gel polish manicure in a neutral colour. It usually lasts around 10-14 days, depending on what I've been doing. I've had a gel manicure last 2 months once.

Thanks man this seem like solid advice

Nail strengtheners are not good for your nails, I understand that they take away the flexibility of your nails, so when you hit something hard instead of bending they break unless you keep them short, as for me, i keep my nails long and nail straighteners are bad for me, but you do whatever works best for you.

I file my nails down but it doesn't matter cos I play guitar and bass and the skin on top of my strumming forefinger is constantly bleeding and the skin at the end of all my fingers are always peeling cos of tapping.

Anyone else know this feel?

Anyone else bite off bits of their nail and play around with it in your mouth for a while before spitting it out haha

>spitting them out
you dont swallow them?

It's a fingernail not cum

The pink skin around your fingernails can't be reversed, but the abnormal nail growth """"can"""".
Look up "ingrown fingernail surgery" on YouTube. Our problem is technically different, but this would be the same procedure used to fix the abnormal fingernail growth. I don't think it's worth it imo, and at least the problem is a bit subtle.

haha