youtu.be/WrlR1aFODDI
youtu.be/Nduka-QqXbQ
youtu.be/IlzM7LogGRU
youtu.be/8o4j5xrlJLM
youtu.be/tFfNFJOppsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's wrong you fucking idiot.
>Holy Spirit doesn't exist
Why are you arguing something you had no faith in?
Again, Wholes which are Wholes combine to make a Whole.

God is Triune.

That's literally it.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp.

It's OP's lack of faith that makes him blind to it.

I believe in The Spirit, but I believe it is subordinate to the father. I'm also debating whether it can be considered a unique "person" in the Godhead

Allah is one....be careful friend, your committing shirk, Allah sent his messenger please look into it and listen

It's not about subordination, it's about process.

The father is the old way, the son is the new way, the holy spirit is the means by which sons become fathers, fathers wither, and sons, having become fathers, make New Sons.

It is about the tradition. Life is the means by which children become parents, i.e. The Holy Spirit is the means by which Sons become Fathers.

Interesting...

The demon whom you call "Allah" is not Allah, i.e. God whom arab Christians call Allah.

>father dies and jesus becomes the new father

>A is equal to B is equal to C
>A is not equal C
> dat fucking pic
Holy fuck this medieval logic. Why not just say that god has three different "manifestations" or characteristics. Holy fuck nevermind, nearly 2000 of fucking fallacies its impossible to argue against

Are you a cuck that supports atheism?

> 1/10 made me answer
Never said that. If you were a literally more atentive would have read that i critiziced the A = B = C yet A =\=C meme and that kind of fucking religious logicisms and memeisms that are man created and give us away from the truth

I don't gotta give you shit.

The whole point of the trinity is that it is supernatural, so therefore not logical at all, and not able to be understood at all. It comes from scripture and tradition, not logic, so it's a take it or leave it deal.

It's like believing in God. All interesting arguments aside, at the end if the day you have to take a leap of faith to believe it or not.

God is Triune.

What don't you understand?

>leap of faith

Yeah, it's called having faith, which is something you don't have.

What's the problem?

I would take it like that, not like the a = b= c meme

I have faith and it is supported by mountains of evidence. What about you?

right

?

I have faith. Simple. As. That.

Your faith is weak, mine isn't.

believe me, both are equally weak

My faith is strong.

Because years of neo-platonic influence insisted that the ultimate God must have only one trait/part/characteristic. But than people were also worried that they were polytheists if the his and son were different. Also just try and wrap your head around the idea that God is completely immaterial but Jesus's physical, material body is identified as God unless you are a heretical Nestorian.

It isn't since you claim to "just have faith", you're the one who took a leap, not me.

And guess what, that leap of faith worked bitch.

>Timothy 2:5 - "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"
>mfw

It's weak.

Define "weak faith"

I'm talking about your leap of faith.

That doesn't define shit.

Your faith is weak.

it says "is" not "is equal to"

water is wet
gasoline is wet
blood is wet

water isn't gasoline or blood

That's wrong, it isn't three aspects dude.

A volkswagen is a car
A toyota is a car
An aston martin is a car

Doesnt mean a volkswagen is a toyota

Fedoras BTFO!!!!!!!1

The holy spirit is wholly a faggot.

A human being can be a husband, a son, and a father all at once and still be that one human being, just taking on different roles in different scenarios. Another example is water, it being able to take the form of steam, ice, or liquid water, but it sill remains water.

In my personal life I see the Trinity as an attempt to put into words the infinite mystery and endless abilities of God to act and move in various levels of creation through various means, which really can't be properly put into words.

Guys,

The Trinity makes perfect sense. What is ice? It is water in a solid state. What is steam? Water in gas form. What is water... just liquid water.

Despite their different states, does that make any of them less water than water itself?

Anyone that can explain the Trinity while using "logic" is a heretic.

Hivemind

There is one divine substance, three divine persons. A clover has three leaves, but is still one plant.

>3 parts
No.

Savage...

>What is ice? It is water in a solid state.
Son
>What is steam? Water in gas form.
Holy Spirit
>What is water... just liquid water.
Father

The water anogy is explicitly heretical.

So basically:
Father [-material, -knowable]
Spirit [-material, +knowable]
Son [+material, +knowable]

Then the idea of the Spirit mediating between the Son and the Father makes sense.

But then, my question is, couldn't there be an aspect which is [+material, -knowable]? Namely everything else in the world. Which makes sense out of as Jesus would be a mediator as the Spirit is, i.e. the way for the material aspect of the divine to know its true essence.

Which reminds me of part of this lecture:
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY&t=5m12s
Where it is mentioned that the finite is necessary to the infinite as there is no being without limit.

"I am the Truth" - Al-Hallaj

Can a water molecule be in all three states simultaneously?

A water molecule outside of time and progression can.

how do we know something can be outside of time?

It can't, not in the sense we usually apply to being. It's both in a state of non-being and being in one moment.

I don't like the idea of worshipping Schroeder's cat

Modalism.

Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Please take that back, user. That's very serious blasphemy. I'm not joking here, please take it back.

Insulting the Holy Spirit is not what Jesus was talking about user.

>partialism

It seems to me that the trinity can't be explained with a simple sentence or diagram, it has to do with the medieval understanding of Christian metaphysics and the distinction between substance and essence and what drives the three aspects of the trinity while allowing them to keep their particularity at the same time.

youtu.be/vXJIbvsb00s
youtu.be/CfP7DNG_ZbM
youtu.be/WrlR1aFODDI
youtu.be/Nduka-QqXbQ
youtu.be/IlzM7LogGRU
youtu.be/8o4j5xrlJLM
youtu.be/tFfNFJOppsM

it gets worst when you try to argue that god is a simple being with divine simplicity

Doesn't seem like anyone can agree on exactly what the fuck he was talking about there.

>Where it is mentioned that the finite is necessary to the infinite as there is no being without limit.

The school of voidness
Yin and Yang
light and dark
It seems to be a recurring theme throughout history.

>"Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept His mercy by repenting, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss.
CCC 1864

The Trinity is one of the biggest fail in the history of religions.

If God is one, then you and your God's connection is unlimited.
No dogma or church could interfere.

God is omipotent, omnipresent, etc.
You are limited, but you can pray to God, try to "reach" Him.

The dogma of the Trinity is just as useless and harmful as any dogmas, ever - it's there to make a church or any mortal institue necessary.
There shouldn't be anything between you and God.

If God is real / true, loving and caring, then the church and any kind of dogma are unnecessary and harmful.

>If God is real, then communing with him or recieving any kind of truth from him is unnecessary and harmful

What I'm saying is:
>If God is real, then communing with him (PERSONALLY!) or recieving any kind of truth from him (PERSONALLY!) is the only good way

A single molecule is not in a state.

Also: I argued that henosis (from a Platonist perspective), gnosis and theosis are far more important than dogmas like the Trinity.

I believe the Trinity is an unnecessary component, that's all.

If you want a debate, I'll be around.

Cause that would be the heresy of modalism, senpai.

As well the dogma of the trinity was created long before the medieval times in late antiquity.

Your analogies are shit, cause they would apply to Polytheism as well:

- Jupiter is a god.
- Venus is a god.
- Merkur is a god.

They aren't each other.

Better analogy would be your body.
You have a brain (father) that is part of your body, a heart (son) and arms (spirit). They all are one body, but they aren't each other.

>it's there to make a church or any mortal institue necessary.

How? The trinity in itself doesn't necessitate that.

>If God is real / true, loving and caring, then the church and any kind of dogma are unnecessary and harmful.
>"If your father is really loving, he shouldn't kick you out of the house if you murder prostitutes and stuff them in his fridge, or ask you to come to family gatherings"

As well that has nothing to do with the dogma of trinity.

It's the best way, but if you're sorely afflicted by sin, your spirituality is impaired. Christianity is about cleansing that affliction, and monks work particularly hard at it so as to listen directly to God.

>assuming God is a three dimensional being that doesn't transcend time and space

Right, but, if God is real, he has given us three forms of personal relationship with him. He sent his son down as flesh to make his word tangible and taught us how to pray and talk to him, he gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit to ensure a constant connection with those who have accepted it and the father has adopted those who believe into his personal family

The problem is that a Volkswagen is one member of a greater category. A Volkswagen is a car but notice the indefinite article there. When Christians speak of Jesus for instance they imply or even explicitly say that he is literally God proper or whole, not a member of a category.

Hmm, I see. Interesting.
Thank you for the feedback!

>When Christians speak of Jesus for instance they imply or even explicitly say that he is literally God proper or whole, not a member of a category.

Are Abigail und Brittany Hensel one or two persons? Can one be without the other?

what if god and jesus are identical twins?

Manifestation is Triune.
When God manifested, the world was manifest with him.

Visualize blank space, then a red dot, then another and one more.
thre dots create a form, a triangle, first manifestation was trinity.

>If God is one, then you and your God's connection is unlimited.
>No dogma or church could interfere.

What if God realizes that people don't want to connect with Him and decides to institute a physical Church so as to Shepard more people back into communion with Him?

>You have a brain (father) that is part of your body, a heart (son) and arms (spirit).

Fairly certain that is heretical as it implies that they are separate portions of one overall thing. Which is false.

Has anyone ever been able to prove the trinity is logically consistent?

Why is there 3 persons instead of 1 or an infinite amount of persons?

Because it said so in the bible.

A single molecule? No.
You can hit the triple point though and watch water cycle through the states second after second. It's pretty cool.

The fuck is this shit?

Yes, the devil is one. We get it.

There is nothing between me and my triune God.

>I'll die for all your sins
>Except this one because it's a separate part of the Trinity lol

Okay
Fuck the Holy Spirit right it its ethereal anus

Do you understand at any level that your perception of God does not manifest itself in reality?

That if you truly believed God to be a purple elephant, your belief would not change God into a purple elephant?

This really sounds like cult logic.

Arius did NOTHING wrong, fuck the trinity.

Point it out.

Why? Why isn't he 2 entities? Or 4? Or infinite entities? Or none?

Oh, so you're a polytheist?

Yeah but people who argue about gods and spirits on a Mongolian long boarding social network don't know that

Yes, of course. You define God in the bible, you see the attributes of God in the bible, you see the workings of God in the bible, and you attribute all of those things to each member of the Trinity, Who is One God.

God has more dimensions than we do.

You're basically a Flatlander trying to describe a cube as a line.