Is this a scam Veeky Forums? If not, what is the catch? Minimum wage is 7.25 here, what am i missing...

Is this a scam Veeky Forums? If not, what is the catch? Minimum wage is 7.25 here, what am i missing? Should I apply to it, or is it probably wageslave job

Other urls found in this thread:

7chan.org/lit/src/Robert_Glover_-_No_More_Mr_Nice_Guy.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prolly not a scam. Yes its wage slave. The catch is they deliver bread at 0dark30

The scam is that nobody fucking orders Panera for delivery, so you're not going to earn $12/hr all day; you'll earn $8/hr while you help out in store waiting for deliveries, and you'll earn $12/hr (minus the wear & tear on your car, and time-value of having to get your mileage reimbursed) for like 1-2 hours a shift, because again, nobody fucking orders panera for delivery unless it's a corporate event.

>what is the catch?

You destroy your car while delivering shit food to soccer moms and snobs

sp prob best not to apply?

No, just sit in your mom's basement all day. Not like you need the money anyway; it's not like you have rent or child support or anything like that to worry about.

Any business that makes you drive your own vehicle constantly while "getting paid" is a scam. You've essentially given your employer a free car.

>child support

Hang in there, user. The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar tomorrow will be fine.

I'm speaking from experience here because I applied to be a GM at one of their locations here.

There's a long spool up time for their promotion process and on top of that they have very FEW catering deliveries as most people will just pick that shit up.

Panera likes to dress up their jobs to make them appear more appealing but really the only perks about working there is that it's mostly clean, they have good food, you take home free bread every night and you get a decent discount on food.

You can actually take home food? Sams club kitchen makes you throwout everything. We've thrown out 15 pizzas at night before.

Not sure about every Panera, but his story checks out. I used to work at a community center and I'd pick up donations from Panera every monday night and employees would also take some things.

lol, I don't have any child support payments to make, go fuck yourself. I'm just assuming that's something stupid people who work hourly gigs worry about.

>panera
>questioning if wageslave

This. They're phishing desperate job seekers witht the $12-$15/hour part but really setting them up for working near minimum wage. It's a common practice to put one wage on a job posting but offer another, in this case it's a blaring example of double talk.
I've never heard of Panera delivering, I have heard of them doing luncheons and functions but that's far and between. If you're feeling a bit brash you can go apply, try to make it to the interview where you can bargain with them to make your base wage $12. It's a snow balls chance unless you're damn convincing or interviewing with a weak manager. It's been done though like i said it's a rare occurrence.

How do you bargain a starting wage? I feel like you are there to impress them, not the other way around. If you dont like what they offer, they can tell you to fuck off right?

Many employers during the interview when they've decided they want to hire you will ask the question about what you're looking for in pay. This of course is a shit test, because if you go too high they won't hire you, if you go too low they really won't hire you because you're too desperate. They know most will be too afraid to ask for a higher hourly rate reason being the job market set the wages to 8 and 12 via their job postings and high school/college career counselors don't teach bargaining for your time and effort. So many people low ball themselves.
I'm going on a tangent but, it's proactive to find out what the pay is either by the job posting or inquiring before the interview. They will usually tell you after you've reached a point of impressing them/close to closing the deal or they will give you the test question.
If you get the question be tactful and ask what they're offering instead of just blurting out any old number. Once you hear what they're offering be very blunt and say you can't go that low. They will either say they can't raise it (which is a lie) or they will play ball (ask what you want then try to modify it). Yes most places like retail or fast food aren't going to do this because they're garbage jobs and are looking for garbage people to work garbage wages but any other company can change their offer if they wanted. Also, yes they can tell you to fuck off but that's the gamble you have to take in order to get a decent pay. Being able to sell yourself and be convincing is a skill not many people have but it's important to learn it.
I did this at my last job a small company which posted the job for around 10 dollars, during the interview I charmed the two interviewers and put myself over as a professional and was able to get them to agree to 12 dollars, they went back on it my first day telling me I would be paid $11.75 until my 3 months was up. I let the woman who hired me know I wasn't please but let them keep the damn quarter.

The point is not enough people try to ask for a bit more so you see more of the shit like in OP. All I ever see in job posts are those two numbers $8 and $12. And that's the numbers that will stick because people won't value their time and labor and just want to get paid due to some mentality like "something's better than nothing". Is it really when the labor you're doing doesn't equal out to the money?
I say haggle, even if it's 50 cents more.

> I let the woman who hired me know I wasn't please but let them keep the damn quarter.

what?

Also, if I said something like, "I would like to re-examine the 10 dollar an hour offer, I think my time and effort is worth more than that." Would they tell me to fuck off right away and get super pissed off? Hard thing for me is to piss off people

This. But op just go for it and ask for the highest wage offered to drivers. If they say no then walk.

Nothing lost.

Panera bread employee here.

Don't do it. You'll apply for that and get put on the line after your interview. I know because I did the same thing.

Plus, nobody fucking orders delivery except catering, and they'll send a manager to deliver it instead of you, anyway. And the sort of people that eat at Panera don't tip.

And on the line you'll exclusively deal with bitchy customers.

If you have any questions about how it'll be as a line employee though, feel free to ask. If you're working in a place where min is $7.25, you make $7.35

10 cent raise each Feb.

Also, try to be a cashier. They do the least amount of work in the entire store, but customers tip them, not the line.

>Hard thing for me is to piss off people
Being afraid of pissing people off or hurting their feelings will get you nowhere, it will get you passed up, it will get you used up.
Read the book "No More Mister Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert Glover
7chan.org/lit/src/Robert_Glover_-_No_More_Mr_Nice_Guy.pdf
It's a good read though the title and subtitle makes it sound like a pick up artists book or something. It's got a few flaw philosophies and some psychology/Freudian bullshit peppered in but it's a good read and will open your eyes to why being meek and mild doesn't help you it hurts you.
>If they say no then walk.
>Nothing lost.
Too many folks are too afraid to walk away. If I was interviewing for $17/hr then I'd be more apprehensive about failing the interview but not shit like $8, which is scrapping the minimum wage line in many states. Speaking up and telling an employer out right that you value yourself by asking for more sends a message. They're not use to people doing that, so they either get flustered because this young guy is questioning them, they buckle because they've never experienced the scenario, or they are impressed. If more job seekers would stop kowtowing and taking whatever is offered to them then the job market would get a bit better. Hiring cheap labor isn't always good business.

I love Panera, eat there often, and had no idea they delivered.

If you're desperate for work then take any job and keep looking for a better one

>If you're desperate for work then take any job and keep looking for a better one
Horrible advice. Not only are your working for peanuts and a job you hate, you're wasting energy at that job while other jobs pass you by. Very few employers will interview you off normal work hours if you're full time. Job searching in it's self a full time investment. You have to be on it, applications, phone calls, emails, if you're lucky interviews and if they say 10pm for the interview you can't say 5pm instead.
The take anything and look for better is a shitty fallacy that's been sold to everyone for so long they think it's just that easy.

Panera is overpriced memefood and I guarantee you've consumed grill degreaser.

So if they tell me "your starting wage will be 10 dollars an hour" can I say, "I think my skills would merit atleast 12 dollars an hour."?
Or should i word it differently? Also if they say "no 10 starting" do I just get up and say, "thank you for your time" and walk out?

Don't be afraid to walk out.

Thanks for the advice man, I gotta learn to be a stronger person

Kek. Thanks user I might have eaten there if it wasn't for you.

This is what happens when your employees are unhappy lol

What is an efficiency wage?

lol @ this entire thread of whiney, self-entitled, unskilled laborers

Looking forward to the day when cash machines replace cashiers and lines are automated like Japanese restaurants...

Machines dont deliver you food cocknose.

the catch is you wear out your car. you will put hundreds of miles a day on it.

Kek, it's not a group of permanently disgruntled people, but almost all the employees I know are not happy ones.

Most, myself included, are either still in college/high school or between figuring out what to do but still 16-24.

The job pays 10c over minimum wage and you deal with people that both don't reed the menus, always try to scam you, and get mad if you correct them on either. So really just like any other fast food gig. The only difference is there's not a "value menu" per se, so literally every order you make is going to sell for an hour of your time; the average lunch or dinner in my area may cost $55 in employees but move $1,400 in merchandise.

You should be good if you come on slower hours, but for your own sake, don't bother come within 10 minutes of close. I know people think "Well if you're open, you should still be doing your job."

That's all fine and good theoretically, but when your average worker can't even legally drink, they're not going to remain as professional as the store's facade implies. The gloves are probably already off, everything's wrapped up, and there's a high likelihood your sandwich is getting put together with an ungloved hand that's been sweeping the floor or scraping the presses if you show up 5 minutes before close.

I got boned out of university, a meme I fell headfirst into. I'm working on developing other skills now, though.

That's why you get an uber driver to do the job for you.

>child support
>stupid people

>child support
>not killing her
clean up after yourself user

>having to pay child support
>having children
You fucked up. I would much rather be a NEET than dealing with that shit