How do I dress more "classy"...

How do I dress more "classy"? Usually I wear casual street shit and I think it looks good when I'm with my peers (uni student) but recently I got a new job (not a suit-and-tie kind of thing though) and I look like a teenager or a fratboy there and I feel kinda embarrassed.
What basic outfit pieces do I need to fix this?

pic related, everyone fucking looks this way

Dress business casual and laugh at everyone for having shit taste.

What you will need:

>shoes
Bruchers, brogues should do the trick. Dont buy cheap shit.
>chinos/dress pants
>dress shirts
>blazers/sports jackts
>accessories (watch, pocket square, ring)

Buy good quality and expensive things, fit is N1 priority.

Just buy khakis and a collared long-sleeve buttoned shirt. DON'T tuck it.
Nobody gives a fuck about shoes, as long as they're either loafers or sneakers.
That's all you really need.

He gets it

Wtf shit advice

Go to any shopping mall and you find expensive stores that cater to "classy" when you can find the exact same shit at a JC Penney's for less. Don't cuck yourself. You don't need a lot of money to dress with class.

You're rare. One of the elusive 1% that knows how to dress post-high school. I appreciate that.

Also

>having a good tailor and money set aside for all of your purchases to be tailored - blazers and shirts taken in, pants hemmed, misc. other alterations

This is such a boring way to dress
I hope I never have to dress in such a bland style that screams 'Im dressing like this purely to impress my peers or attract women'

>I hope I never have to dress in such a bland style that screams 'Im dressing like this purely to impress my peers or attract women'

muh fashion muh art

stop lying to yourself

Different situations require different ways of dressing. Recognizing that and dressing yourself appropriately is part of being an adult.

>those massive lapels

Honestly, man just do you. If it's not a suit and tie thing/dressing up isn't required then wear whatever the fuck you want.

As you are no longer a uni student, it would be a good idea to get some dressier stuff for certain occasions, but if you can really wear whatever to work, then wear it.

For my job I have to wear a suit. And yes, my suits are tailored and expensive and I look good in them (and would be met with approval from your colleagues no doubt), but fuck if that shit is my personality. What I'm saying is, you're lucky enough to not have to dress up at your job, embrace it.

No, he's right.

There's no demographic I loathe more than fart-sniffing "young professionals"--which is what I deal with every day and it sounds like OP is dealing with here.

Personally, I can't stand the thought of "men's wear"/"classy"/Chinos-and-Chelsea-Boots style on myself. If it's somebody else's thing then that's just fine. And it doesn't look bad or anything, it's just sooooo not my personality. A very limited space in my wardrobe is that and it's mainly for date or something.

OP, be your own person.

This guy is a model, he's dressed like a model, moreover he's middle aged.

>"hurr dress like this post high school"

You're like a slightly more acceptable version of full on neckbeards wanting to dress like "classy" 40's movie characters twice their age.

I'm with you on this one.
I don't have to deal with those kind of people either but I hate the whole GQ style young classy professional look.

Tailored suits look great.
Full casual stuff looks great.
In between looks not so good to me.
Maybe it's because my city is full of techies who try to into fashion but are too autistic to do it right so they all end up looking the same (bad).

>Double breasted blazer, white shirt,
fucking chinos
>oh gosh what an old feller outfit only neckbeards want to dress like that Xd

Fucking kill yourself hahahaahaahaha

Not the guy you're talking to but the blazer is of a pretty "edgy" cut, not to mention the huge lapels. That model is clearly muscular, making the lapels a bit more workable, but that just highlights that it's not workable on most people. His point is valid. Is your idea of how people should dress really --that?" Post high school literal uni student 19, 20 year olds should be dressing like some European CFO at the Monaco Grand Prix--complete with shirt unbuttoned Fabio style?

>hahahaahaahaha
Yeah, me picturing a non-muscular and young man who isn't model handsome wearing that outfit

I can dress appropriately for a situation while still having an interesting outfit rather than going to Uniqlo or Jcrew and picking up a 'I got my first job' weeks worth of clothes

This is a board for fashion, not clothing

How would you dress for a senior level board room meeting?
>inb4 full rick

class is more about composure than wardrobe. but when it comes down to what you wear, hit it on the head. my only addition to what he said is that sweaters go a long way

>he doesn't understand what double breasted is

lol it's much better than "I'm trying super hard to look like I'm not trying at all. plz validate me"

t. 16 year old trend hopper

Facial aesthetics and body composition are part of fashion, if you are genetic garbage and can't maximize those to reach the threshold of acceptablity you may as go to /v/ or /a/

Anyone got inspo or a timblr/blog that shows similar inspo ?
I'm in the same situation as OP. I always dress in urban/street style since I was a kid but now that I'm in my mid twenties and soon working in an office, I'd like to buy some new clothes and actually dress like someone of my age.

I would never put myself into a company that has those sort of past century practices. To answer your question though, you can still have interesting style of dress for these situations; something like CDG shirt is a good example. Ideally if I had to work at a company that had such meetings it would also be a company that doesn't care about appearances as long as you aren't a disheveled mess. A plain nice tshirt and pants with some interesting shoes would do fine for that case.

red chambray fucking kek. what the fuck is going on today with this mfa-tier bullshit?

fitted shirt x5 $200
fitted pants x2 $200
comfortable leather shoes x2 $300

how fucking hard is it? you just expand this a little bit and add for inclement weather with a decent wool jacket and some sports coats and you look like a fucking sex god.

Veeky Forums is just not the same anymore, feelsbad