Do bourgeois people still employ full-time maids and cooks?

Do bourgeois people still employ full-time maids and cooks?

By bourgeois I suppose I mean people at a surgeon's level of income, and with a lot more in non-liquid assets.

>communist manifest pls leave

It's a useful description. A used car dealer who makes a million a year is not rich but not bourgeois.

Yes and we're happy with our current staff please go.

>A used car dealer who makes a million a year is not rich but not bourgeois.
It depends on the country. In some places he is.

(I mean rich but not bourgeois.)

literally a capitalist.

>Do bourgeois people still employ full-time maids and cooks?
Not in America, not anymore. The IRS started cracking down on the employment of domestics, and the wealthy found themselves saddled with the same regulations as a small business. It becomes a hassle to have to issue W-2's, offer health coverage, and deal with OSHA complaints.

Furthermore, there are risks bringing domestics into your home on a full-time basis, Not only do they have full access to your kids, your house, and your possessions, but so do their boyfriends and shady relatives by proxy. Ask any group of people who had live-in domestics and you'll inevitably hear a cautionary tale or two.

Instead, we hire our domestics as independent contractors these days. Other than maybe the nanny, we don't really need them in the house full-time any way.

The only people I know with full-time domestic help are bankers, lobbyists and large-scale landholders. The only help I can think of a doctor/lawyer type professional hiring is a nanny.

OP, I think you watch too many movies.

>Instead, we hire our domestics as independent contractors these days.
Beautiful.

But how do people with isolated houses handle it? I suppose contractors from a few miles down the road could clean just as well as live-ins, but the selection of cooks would be very grim, unless you like casseroles.

If I had claimed or implied that bourgeois life has been in stasis since the early '60s, and that martinis, black tie and french maids are still the rage, then that would be an apt comment.

Instead you just noticed a screencap and said lol movies.

My cousins employed full-time au pairs/nanny, and they are not particularly bourgeois, just needed someone to take care of their kids, clean and cook food.

>the selection of cooks
Don't forget the times we live in. Being able to cook your own gourmet meals isn't considered declasse these days. Indeed, its viewed as a sign of sophistication and worldliness.

Besides, most days we eat pretty simply. Heavy eating isn't consistent with modern healthy lifestyles.

That's more or less my style. Most recent meal: sautéed salmon and spinach with a glass of chardonnay and a baguette. Easy as a sandwich.

But I won't be a bachelor all my life. I'd rather delegate some of the drudgery of feeding children and keeping the house stocked with good food. Maybe I'll get a two-for-one deal, a nanny who can cook.

I've lived in Sudan and had several maids

No, cleaners and nanny's though, depending on laziness

All the wagecucks I work with use daycare for their crotch spawn and cleaning for their homes

Such is life with no free time

no
Source: My family

how is he not bourgeois but a surgeon is?

>Not in America, not anymore. The IRS started cracking down on the employment of domestics, and the wealthy found themselves saddled with the same regulations as a small business. It becomes a hassle to have to issue W-2's, offer health coverage, and deal with OSHA complaints.

Anyone with the money to hire full time domestic help can easily afford to pay an accountant to deal with cutting checks, year end payroll filings, and handling any state unemployment filings. I've never seen a situation where somebody had to offer their household employees health insurance.

>Instead, we hire our domestics as independent contractors these days. Other than maybe the nanny, we don't really need them in the house full-time any way.

You can issue them all the 1099s you want, but unless you're paying their agency or something you're doing it wrong. You should be treating them as an employee.

You need to learn what 'hassle' means, in addition to learning the regulatory obligations imposed on an employer (and yes, that includes federal, state and local laws).

Also, you need to learn the difference between an employee and an independant contractor. No sane person would have a domestic classified as an employee if they can get away with the alternative.

Or you could just pay Mexicans in cash

This

There's no reason to have full time servants anymore. Everything has turned into a service/app. It's much cheaper too