Your opinion on Doc Martens 1461 (or any other derby) with no-show socks

Your opinion on Doc Martens 1461 (or any other derby) with no-show socks.

>tumbler

Pls go.

I didn't even get this image from tumblr. I don't even use tumblr.

go back to tumblr

Veeky Forums fucking drools over 1461s.

in black prob the most versatile shoes available. in red can look cool in monochrome fit. basically onk shoes you need...socks meh mnd

tumblr fag

Redpill me on Doc Martens
why do we buy from them?

chinese fabricated something something

sounds pretty fucking painful to me.

ive got the exact red ones, worst purchase in my entire life. they're literally ronald mcdonal core.

I don't think it would be bad once they're broken in.

looks pretty lit tbqh desu. Anyone who hates on 1461 (especially mono blacks) probably has clown feet

Get out.

I personally love how 1461s look, but I feel like they look goofy as fuck without visible socks.

I don't know. I think it can alternatively look goofy or clean. I think it depends on the size of the shoe, and how nice the ankles look. I wouldn't do it with hairy ankles.

Whatever tumblr boy

If it aint made in the UK it aint a DM.

This is what you get with dr martens made in taiwan. Just to let you know.

what's a good substitute for docs? solovair? looking to get my first boot. how's the sizing? I'm a 9.5 - 10 in sneakers.

i bought a pair of used made in china 1461s 2 years ago and after wearing them several times a week since then the leather has like one crease and theres no wear on the soles

sucks for you lol

>implying 1461 mono's arent Veeky Forums as fuck and can be integrated in an insane amount of fits

1 full size down from your trainer size (they fit the same as DM's )

Pls go, its well known that the plastic piece on the top of the Taiwan docs cracks, it doesn't lead to further deterioration and no one will even notice it

>Pls go, its well known that the plastic piece on the top of the Taiwan docs cracks, it doesn't lead to further deterioration and no one will even notice it
Relax man, it's just to let people know. I notice it it's enough.

why are you posting this every time people talk about docs

dude you need to relax, youre posting that pic every day, ppl are aware cheap leather boots might develop things like that, you havent been ripped off thats just a pair of worn $100 boots

>cheap boots
>might crack
Fucking incredible research. Was this NSF-funded? You should publish immediately before someone scouts your scoop.

im going to be travelling and want a pair of hard bottomed shoes to have besides sneakers for walking around.

are these recommendable for that need? I tried whatever high-top model of docs on in a store and they felt really weird. maybe a low cut style would fare better.

thoughts? experiences?

ugly

poseur shit

instantly look like a generic tumblr fag

NEVER wear docs if youre a guy

What do I wear then senpai? Plz enlighten me.

the fuck am i, your mom? find something you like

fuck u mean nigga

>NEVER wear docs if youre a guy

Things like Docs and Barbour were masucline but women take those over and men are expected to wear... What exactly?

Probably adolescent things like chucks.

the fuck lmao? barbour is still great for men, why put words into others mouths

docs just look so damn feminine. when skinheads wore them they got a brief masculine resurgence but since theyve been taken over by indiefags and generic tumblr types, and we all know how masculine THOSE are.

Leonard Cohen would never say something like this.

You're a bully and a fraud, I see right through your shit.

I found this shoe a big shit.

Im right, right guys?

clunky and gay

>why put words into others mouths

I did not intend to put words into mouths it is my own observation that brands that were masculine or for everyone are becoming the domain of women.
At least the common perception is that they are for women.
There are normies today that actually believe Dr Martens and Barbour don't make stuff for men. Sure, that's just a high level of ignorance but they are getting that idea from somewhere.
I think Carhartt is also one of these OUTSIDE the USA.

the "le enlightened intellectual gentlemen" meme died like two years ago, either move on or die with it

>no-show socks.
Really fucking gay.

My dad is a skinhead and all his friends and lots of my family are skinheads, so whenever I see someone wearing docs without being a skin I automatically assume they're just trying to be a trendy faggot.

But seeing this, it's just embarrassing. Seeing how far this once great shoe has fallen, it's just depressing.

OP, of you wear them like that everyone will automatically assume you're a homosexual.

????

what does intellectualism have anything to do with that? i think youre just mad i insulted your shitty girl shoes