What is most aesthetic for tying a bun?

What is most aesthetic for tying a bun?
Chopsticks or a fancy hairpin?

Depends if you're white, Asian or other

Let's say for a white person with blond hair.

Chopsticks look dumb as fuck. Don't be a stupid white person

What about hairpin?

Most PC answer? Do chopsticks if you got a boyfriend with an Asian nationality that eats with chopsticks. Probably the only way to get away with it without being called a weeb.

Honestly, depends on what you're wearing. Hairpin probably looks better in most cases.

>you got a boyfriend
I knew this board was pretty gay but is the default behavior to assume everyone is now?

Fancy hairpin. Chopsticks are messy and stupid even for asian people.

Protip i went to china last year and not even the old aunties did the chopstick thing .it's dumb and disrespectful. You use it for food, not for hair.

>Asian
chopsticks or bow
>brown
Bow or clip
>normal
Bow, clip. Sticks only if you're able to pull it off otherwise it's full fucking weeb
>blond and normal
ribbon or bow for maximum qt, clip for normy stuff

>normal

With hidden bobby or U pins

pencils, plastic forks, knitting needles etc.

> knitting needles
/thread

I'd hope a man wouldn't be asking for advice on tying buns

do you know where you are?

I like the super minimalist, super light titanium Ron Quattros

If anything a woman probably has her mother tell her, a man has to ask.

Hey I'm just sayin to take the fuckin knot out, sweetie. Let that fuckin hair down, you whore. Guys don't like a fuckin knot in a girls head unless they've been beatin her. You fuckin whore, you're not a man, I don't want to see your fuckin ears sweetheart.

op's a man

Underageb&

chopstick-style hairpins (basically a tapered stick)? yes, fine.

Actual chopsticks, even pretty ones? no, it looks silly for reasons said here

>it's dumb and disrespectful
How is it disrespectful?
Is this america crying cultural appropriation again? Because I don't see why anyone would care unless you took someone's elses they were gonna use to eat.

so the ones in OP's pic are fine and quite nice.

>Is this america crying cultural appropriation again?

oh do fuck off you pc obessive dimwit. I as (one) asian person don't think it's disrespectful exactly like this user but it does look "dumb" because actual chopsticks are FOR eating with (even if you don't use it) and you will be laughed at. of course there are the discreet pretty looking chopsticks that can be used and it depends on how you style them and pair them with the other things (which might get people sniggering i.e. most chinese tatts).

What's the difference between
>basically a tapered stick ()
and chopsticks? Asumming we're not talking about disposable chopsticks because of course that would look dumb.
Now I don't see a lot of young people sporting a bun but on teachers, officewomen and female family members I've seen the chopstick bun done and redone.
I'd figure it's the more sober look in contrast to a fancy hairpin that looks like you're going to a reception.
>you will be laughed at
>people sniggering i.e. most chinese tatts
I don't see the connection, nor what you being asian has anything to do with this discussion.

This type of hairpin would be fine.

Don't do chopsticks, although I saw a girl somewhere recently with colored pencils holding her bun and it was cute.

You being obtuse? One too many chinese tatts can be translated into something stupid and embarrasing or are cliched (and if you couple that with other questionable "oriental-style" fashion choices then it's doubly so)

there's far eastern aesthetics and then there's just tackiness

you just gonna ignore how I said "chopstick-styled" aka tapered stick, in order to for argument's sake highlight the categorical difference (as in it's clearly not a chopstick but looks like one).

my being ONE asian, as i've had to re-emphasize for you here, is to do with me differentiating myself from somebody who I assume is the other asian expressing their view in this thread - for plurality