What restaurants is it actually appropriate to wear a suit to these days?

What restaurants is it actually appropriate to wear a suit to these days?

I'm in Austin btw. I want to take my girl out somewhere nice with a suit, but not be overdressed.

proposingtoyoutonight-core

In Austin, probably nowhere

In London there are one or two paces like the Ritz, but even that is dress down.

then why do women like my girlfriend have this idea of a romantic evening in their head where they go out with a guy in a suit? where is a suited man even supposed to take a woman? a fucking celebrity charity gig or something? no places for suits for the average joe anymore?

just wear a suit with no tie and top button undone and you can wear that appropriately to most classy restaurants/bars.

>this is coming from somebody who lives in london

Go to self-proclaimed "high-end" restaurants. It's corny as fuck, so you should just dump your girl for someone with realistic expectations.

any restaurant when you're on your lunch break

>realistic expectations
poorfag detected

i like your style

t. fag

fine dining restaurants
there are maybe three places here in Seattle where suits would be expected and only one I can think of where suits are mandated

It's not so much that suits are on the way out but that fine dining and fancy meal service has mostly died due to the recession

but for real you could wear a suit to any nicer place and not get any weird looks

>romantic evening

#justwomenmemes

Tell me about it. Fashion itself is a meme, but I'm embracing female memes wholeheartedly in effort to improve myself. So here I am.

This, dress down the suit

Isnt the top button always supposed to be undone? What if all the buttons are undone?

He's talking about the top button of the shirt you moron.

dressing up for dinner is becoming a meme desu

Out of the 3 very high class restaurants I've been to almost nobody had on a suit. most had sweaters and slacks or jeans.

i was getting in men's traditional fashion earlier this year and realized there's basically no where to wear them.

even when i took my girl to the opera no one had suit jackets.

hell, afterwards, i just had slacks and some suspenders on in a local greek place and people said i looked well-dressed.

Michelin star restaurants mostly I guess. Was completely surprised with a suit 'required' at a restaurant recently . You don't see that anymore really.

Is there any point in keeping a jacket to wear to higher end places these days?

I'm moving and I have a brown linen jacket that I'm trying to justify bringing, but I can't think where else I would wear it. Two layers is too hot for anywhere without AC, even if it's linen.

if you don't like wearing them there's really no point anymore

>Two layers is too hot for anywhere without AC, even if it's linen.
Where do you live, in Hell?

Bring the jacket, doofus.

>Michelin star restaurants
Depends entirely on the restaurant. That said, it's not like OP couldn't go to a restaurant without a jacket requirement; dressing up a bit isn't that weird.

Summer suiting was designed for climates like England. It doesn't work anywhere that actually gets hot. That said, the user you're responding to would probably be a bit cooler with the jacket on.

I wear my suit to the finest of pizzerias

It's appropriate to wear it when the other members of your party are also going to be wearing suits, like having a business meeting at a top steakhouse.

Otherwise the idea of wearing suits to fancy dinners is going out of fashion. The trend now is more casual, even while the food remains high class.

Some high end social clubs require men to wear jackets I know, but there's only a few older style nice restaurants that encourage formal wear or a suit to dinner.

I went to dinner last weekend at a nice place that's like $80 a head including light drinks, there were guys in jeans and baseball caps and there were guys in suits.

are you sure it was a nice restaurant?
80 bucks a person with drinks is not expensive...

Expensive for my area, and this was excluding wine. We each just had two beers plus entrees and one app.

Of course it's not that expensive if you live in the city, but it's one of the most expensive places in the area.

Blazers > suits

>me and my buds went to applebees, idk if you've heard of it, but it's the most expensive place in the area

where the fuck do you live?

Take her to Uchi, Uchiko, or Eddie V's

*ranked by how good/expensive they are*