When did you stop seeing China as gypsy-like shithole with cheap plastic toys and realized the depth and importance of...

When did you stop seeing China as gypsy-like shithole with cheap plastic toys and realized the depth and importance of their unmatched civilizational glory?

Other urls found in this thread:

journal.publications.chestnet.org/article.aspx?articleID=1059231
koreansentry.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=c4edacaf246931d8eba2de1d3c54062d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_(Korean_surname)
youtube.com/watch?v=JETS-71QowY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never. They're all just zipper-eye'd drug addict kikes anyhow

now, what does this have to do with history? Idiotic fantasies belong on /pol/ and /x/

>unmatched civilizational glory?
I wouldn't go that far, but when I bothered to look past the "ancient unified empire to Opium wars and Boxer Rebellion" stuff that's generally taught in public schooling.

I went through the exact opposite actually. At first I saw the depth and importance of their civilization, and then saw it's a big shithole full of cheap crap.

If this were before 1911 I may be inclined to agree, but Kaishek and Mao pretty muc ruined any semblance of glory China had

This, after I actually went there and tried to understand the culture I realized it was indeed a shithole filled with people insanely obsessed with money and personal status, to the point of ridiculousness.

I'm an Asian, but i find Roman and Greek culture are more fascinating ( their architecture, law, senate and repubic system, their pholosophy..also mens like Caesar or Cicero).

Am I the only person that has no interest in asian cultures
Idk maybe the weaboos killed it for me but I'm just not impressed
Yeah I know many times they were the most advanced cultures
Whoopty fucking do
I just don't care
I'm far more intersted with middle eastern and western cultures

Assuming you're referring to "East Asia", then you're not the only one. They were largely isolated to the East and therefore not as relevant in the big picture. Their biggest advancements came after the introduction of Western ideas and technologies.

>They were largely isolated to the East
>Le Isolation meme
Stupidest way to view history desu.

You could say the fucking West was also isolated based on the East Asian perspective if that is the case.

Who colonized the world? Europeans or Asians?

You're currently wearing Western-style clothing. Inside a Western-style house or building. Communicating and typing in a Western language. Using a Western invention. And so forth.

i always saw china as one of the great civilizations since i was a kid. i was more confused when i realized it was now a third world (or i guess now second world) country some time in middle school. same thing happened in regards to egypt.

>Talks about Isolation
>Brings up colonialism.
Oh you mean that phenomena jumpstarted by eastern trade monopolies?

Just goes to show "X/Y" is isolated is a stupid fucking meme that needs to die. Networks and networks of trade routes connected the Eurasian continent. You could only say this of fucking African tribes deep in the Subsaharan region or goddamn Meso-Americans.

I'm not him.

I always saw China as an African shithole in Asia.
Now they are a rich shithole, but most people don't enjoy the benefits of that.
Their cities are Mordor, their rural land is 8th century Europe tier. I don't like them.

Also not Veeky Forums.

I can't help but think that the Chinese societal structure would have been better off to reject industrialization.

sexist

Thank you.

>basically have the potential to be rulers of the world
>decide to do nothing, claim to be superior and ignore western technology
>proceed to get fucking steamrolled by europeans and japs for more than a century

Loving every laugh.

(OP)
"China was great" is the biggest myth in the world. China as it is right now was always what China was like in the past. They never developed a sense of hygiene or manners, or took that many showers and baths and 99% were peasants that lived like rodents in cramped communal villages .Even if you go to more "developed" Chinese habitats like Taiwan and Hong Kong, they are still loud speaking in that disgusting garble you call Chinese, lack manners and hygiene, and value material things over human life.

In any multicultural city around the world, Chinatowns happen to be the dirtiest places dirtier than any slum or shantytown. Southeast Asian communities and even Indian communities are much, much cleaner and more orderly than Chinese communities.

All Chinese past and present lack the sense of dignity, order, cleanliness and etiquette its neighbors: Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailand Vietnam all have.

[laughing opium merchant]

China has never been great. They were ahead of the curve for a long time but never used it to their advantage.

They're the perfect example of wasted potential.

+1

>They never developed a sense of hygiene
journal.publications.chestnet.org/article.aspx?articleID=1059231

Actually they did. Modern poor people in China are likely far less hygienic than their historical counterparts.

Ancient China invented toilet paper and the toothbrush for example. Peasants didn't bathe, but then again neither did most people in the world prior to modern times. The middle and upper class bathed frequently.

>99% were peasants that lived like rodents in cramped communal villages

Not really, prior to the Renaissance, Chinese peasants had about as much food, commodities, and IIRC space as European ones.

>they are still loud speaking in that disgusting garble you call Chinese
Poor English. Welp now I known your an Asian.

Figures, only Asians hate other Asians so much even though you're all short, small-dicked, slant eyed, emasculated cucks.

>In any multicultural city around the world, Chinatowns happen to be the dirtiest places dirtier than any slum or shantytown.
Duh. That's what happens when you go to a country, take its poorest, least educated people back to your country, and confine them to a small area.

In short, China used to be pretty amazing, and invented some cool tech like borehole drilling and an early form of the Bessemer Process.

Now it's a shithole and all asians rook the same.

Never, and all the chinese shitposting on Veeky Forums won't change my mind.

No shit he said it out loud that he was Korea since the start of his rant.

And you should not give weight to Korean opinions since they're the losers of East Asian history.

hello chang

>using Chinatowns to attack China

Wongs and Lims should NEVER be used as an example of why China is X. It's like if I said all Americans are savages because of African-Americans or rednecks. I'm Taiwanese-American and we've always avoided Chinatowns not only because of the language barrier but also because of the cultural barrier.

How do you know he's Korean. What if he's the Japanese guy from int who posts about Korea all day every day. Furthermore how do we know you're not just replying to your own post.

Don't fall for the memes lad. China actually had a pretty impressive history. Too bad it's a hyper-nationalist shithole now...
Didn't know it was the same guy

Fuck off 50 cent party.

>How do you know he's Korean. What if he's the Japanese guy
Nah, he's probably Korean. Japan isn't nearly as WE WUZZY and annoying as Korea is.
Exhibit A: koreansentry.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=c4edacaf246931d8eba2de1d3c54062d
Not even China is this overly nationalistic.
Also Japanese people like Taiwan.

Hey Fukushima monkey, fuck off with your trolling. I want you to kill yourself, you're a shame and embarrassment and mistake to your parents.

hello chang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_(Korean_surname)

>tfw Chinese but hate the CCP

I understand they're trying to modernize as rapidly as possible, but it just isn't worth the decaying of culture. Maybe they know something we don't, like America wouldn't stand for a Japan 2.0 or something. Either way, it's fucked.

Historically, Chinese have been huge dicks to their neighbors and it's honestly not hard to imagine a Nanking 2.0 perpetrated against some Filipinos or Viets.

lmao

chinks are this butthurt

I've seen that site before. There's only like 5 regular posters. If that dumb little site is the reason why you feel the need to talk shit about Korean history then you need to rethink your priorities in life.

It's the same way with Japanese NEETs, they see one Korean nationalist go crazy and their response is to go full nationalist mode. Never go full nationalist.

>this spree of shitposting
East Asians, not even once

>tfw Chinese but hate the CCP
Same tbqh. China actually had a very impressive history up until the 1500 or 1600s.

Modern day China is pathetic. The CCP can't even clean up rivers yet they act like China is the greatest thing ever.

I hope that after the country goes through a recession maybe the party will calm down a bit and learn to be a bit more introspective.

East Asians are like children if you start a debate among themselves. It's pathetic, but then again it's really whitey's fault.

Communism ruined China and North Korea, nationalism led Japan to disaster, and capitalism destroyed South Korean culture and replaced it with blonde dolls incapable of actual thought.

>you feel the need to talk shit about Korean history
I never have talked shit about Korean history. Are you projecting?
>There's only like 5 regular posters
That was merely an example. Korea is general acts too much like that forum.
youtube.com/watch?v=JETS-71QowY
Not that all Koreans act this way, but for a developed country, it's pretty ridiculous.

It's just that any "crime" you accuse the Koreans of committing, the Chinese and Japanese are just as bad which makes you argument just seem petty.

That cherrypicked video of some bumfuck weirdo proves nothing. Your life is pathetic. I want you to kill yourself.

Not really
Japanese nationalists yell into megaphones
Chinese nationalists shitpost on the internet
Korean nationalists torture animals

I implore you to find an example of Chinese or Japanese nationalists acting this neurotic.
>Your life is pathetic. I want you to kill yourself.
Korean ultra nationalism at work

I have no problem with Koreans or Korea so long as they aren't ultra nationalists tbqh. Too bad so many of them act like you

Chinese have massive riots. Forgot about 2012 already? And kill yourself. Preferably today.

>Burning flags and marching=Running around in the street ripping live baby pigs in half
Is this a joke? Every country has riots but Korea is the only developed nation where rioting seems to entail ripping apart live animals.

>And kill yourself. Preferably today.
Why? I have a pretty decent life tbqh.

Honestly why can't you just calm the fuck down buddy? First you lied about China's history, which I debunked. Then I pointed out that Korea has a lot of crazy ultra nationalists, who behave with a kind of psychotic rampage found in no other developed nation. You responded by accusing me of insulting Korea's history, which I never did, and then went on to prove my point that Korean ultranationalists are the worst by chimping out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have no problem with Korea or Korean people unless they are ultra nationalists such as yourself.

>shithole full of cheap crap
>$70 trillion in wealth

You went to some shithole city then.

>Their cities are Mordor, their rural land is 8th century Europe tier.

This is simply not true.

50 million starving to death when drought or an earthquake hits was worse.

>steamrolled

Defeated but definitely not steamrolled.

Nice bait

Chinese rarely post here.

Desustorage shows 30,000 posts since 2010.
.002% of Veeky Forums's total.

How has the culture "decayed"? One can't find any objectivity in that word.

>party thinks China is the greatest thing ever

No it does not. In 2014 when it was reported that China was the largest economy, the CCP went to immense lengths to deny this and point to nominal GDP instead.

>2012
?

You mean 2008?

I did the same. Used to love Chinese history and culture until I realized that they're a soulless insect-like communist hellhole.

Watch this pic makes me want to drop nuke on China and Korea.

Actually they fell to the mongols because who needs gneerals lmao behead all your fucking leaders and watch the steppenigger roll in and take over

shoulda let macarthur nuke em
t b h

Every day the threads here become more and more like /pol/ in their schizophrenic, quasi-shitpost, quasi-serious nature.

I never said a SINGLE thing about Chinese history. Do not confuse me with one of the trolls/baiters here. I did call someone a Fukushima monkey though.

I stopped seeing them as ching chong funny men and started seeing them as a nation that is not morally and ethically develop enough to handle the power it is coming into.

If you have nearly 2 billion people, you are going to have a lot of wealth.

Fuck off with your baiting and just kill yourself.

Never did that.

I am capable of separating the historical China with the China of today: a corporatist shithole that only cares about GDP growth rather than its people.

Same with Korea.

>criticism=baiting
nice bait.

Chinese govt doesn't want the World to think they're Rich, so they can keep gettingbthe development funds.

Probably when I watched Journey to the West, the Three Kingdoms, The Water Margin on TV and Shaolin Temple, Jet Li's Hero (yeah I know the message is controversial but its still a great movie overall), House of Flying Daggers and Red Cliff when I was a teen.

But since I am on topic I have no idea why people on the internet often thinks that Chinese culture is dead when like every Chinese student and person I know have read the 4 classics (Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dream of the Red Chamber, Journey to the West, the Water Margin), when Tang/Song poetry are still widely taught in schools, ancient texts of Confucius, Laotzu, Suntzu, Mengtzu etc can be found in most major bookshops, when ancient sites like the Forbidden Palace, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall, The Terracotta Army, Summer Palace etc etc are still in tact or you know if you actually talk with a Chinese person in Chinese you'll hear them quoting a lot of famous ancient Chinese people or use proverbs from long ago. I mean I have been in China for 10+ years and this is what I experienced so whilst I agree that the Cultural Revolution did great harm to Chinese culture, to say it is completely wiped out/will never recover is a major exaggeration.

So by that logic India should be superpower by 2030 eh? Its almost as if the larger the population the harder it is for a country to get its citizens out of poverty....

>western clothing
>western style building
>western technology
>western ideology
>western law system

And I suppose you actually been to China?Because most people I find making this type of statements a) never been to China b) had some bad experience with some Chinese tourists c) read some thing bad about China on the news d) upset that Chinese are buying up their homes e) FREE TIBET AND FA LUN GONG f) upset about Chinese foreign policy or g) read something about Mao and Tiananmen and thinks they know all about modern Chinese culture and society. And no your local Chinatown doesn't count.

Oh my its almost as if we are living in a globalized world!

>western technology
Oh fuck off already

But seriously by this logic I guess traditional Japanese culture in Japan or traditional Korean culture in Korea or traditional Chinese culture in Taiwan is dead too eh?

You should ưonder why it's not not western people who wear cheongsam, knotted their hair, live in chinese style building, and use abacus. Instead we have Chinese who got westernized

I guess Chink invented smarphone then ?

Seriously though, FREE TIBET.

Dont forget the dog eating festival this month.

>muh chinese cuisine
They eat literally everything, They even served eggs boiled in children's urine.

> wonder about all the great Western literature that could not exist without paper

> wonder about all the great Western military achievements that could not be possible without gun powder

> wonder about all the great Western explorers who could not have made it without the compass

> wonder about all the great Western cuisine such as spaghetti that was a copy of Chinese noodles

> wonder about all the Westerners who love to drink tea that originated from Asia

> wonder about all those weeabos that love to dress as Japanese cartoon characters

> wonder about all those Western people who love martial arts

> wonder about why all the fancy China you find in people's houses are called China

> wonder about a world where a vast majority of consumer goods are not made in China

> wonder about a world without porcelain, fireworks, books, newspapers, toilet paper, kites, instant noodles or silk clothing

> wonder about a modern world without non-Western inventions

Wow it almost seem like we live in a globalized world user!

And I guess your ancestors invented paper and gunpowder?

> wonder about all the great Western cuisine such as spaghetti that was a copy of Chinese noodles

> wonder about all the Westerners who love to drink tea that originated from Asia

> wonder about all those weeabos that love to dress as Japanese cartoon characters

> wonder about all those Western people who love martial arts

> wonder about why all the fancy China you find in people's houses are called China

> wonder about a world where a vast majority of consumer goods are not made in China

Muh wonders, who wonder about those stupid things you listed ?

> wonder about all the great Western literature that could not exist without paper

Homer's Iliad, Plato's Republic, Bible, Summa Theologica ....etc ? those works existed even before paper appeared in the West.

> wonder about all the great Western military achievements that could not be possible without gun powder

kek....Alexander, Caesar used the gun
?
> wonder about all the great Western explorers who could not have made it without the compass

A viking guy discovered America centuries before compass begin introduced to the West.

Why not just eat boiled egg with a refreshing glass of kid pee on the side?

>be cucked by guys who used your invention

> Muh wonders, who wonder about those stupid things you listed

The same people who wonders about whether the products they use on a day to day basis are invented by the West or not so they feel superior about things they didn't accomplish.

> muh lliad, muh republic, muh bible

Oh and I bet all of Shakespeare's plays, Beethoven's music sheets, the Magna Carta, and the declaration of independence are all written on stone tablets eh user?

> muh Alexander and Caesar

Oh and I bet those two founded Australia, Canada, the US and the modern world too!

> A viking guy discovered America centuries before compass begin introduced to the West.

Oh yes and I bet the Viking the drew the modern world map as well!

> be cucked by guys who adopted the economic system you invented

>The same people who wonders about whether the products they use on a day to day basis are invented by the West or just cheapy, bad quality things made by chinese workers.

>Oh and I bet all of Shakespeare's plays, Beethoven's music sheets, the Magna Carta, and the declaration of independence are all written on stone tablets eh user?

Why not ? the were great works even before the paper introduced, so assume that there will be more great works, not on paper, but on leather , or maybe on stone too?
>Oh and I bet those two founded Australia, Canada, the US and the modern world too!

Nah... but It was founded by people who rekt the chinese in two Opium Wars, who burned the Summer Palace to charcoal.
>Oh yes and I bet the Viking the drew the modern world map as well!

Certainly not you or some guy who named Tao Cheng

> fancy China

What?

Guys.

Stop baiting.

And stop getting baited.

>The same people who wonders about whether the products they use on a day to day basis are invented by the West

Like you

> or just cheapy, bad quality things made by chinese workers.

So by that logic 90% of everything everyone owns this days are crap? Speak for your self but I think iphones are alright

> but see man you don't need paper to write great works

Yeah just like you don't need a high school education to succeed in life, except for the fact that it will make your life a looooot harder and will significantly decrease your chance at success.

> muh gunships muh opium wars

And I bet they could have done that without gunpowder or cannons, something the Europeans inven...oh right

> Certainly not you or some guy who named Tao Cheng

Or a guy without a compass

Its Veeky Forums what do you expect? Academic discussions?

>not using bait as an excuse to derail the thread.

baka desu senpai

Vikings found murcah without compass.

Granted, it might as well count as getting lost trying to get to Greenland, theorized to have been found trying to get to iceland, theorized to have been found trying to get to britain.

Being hypernationalist wouldnt be bad if theyd remove the commishit and respin their traditional religions and philosophys in a modern way.

Yes user, you and you alone think and feel the way you to. In all the other 7 billion humans and their ancestors the only one who has your opinion is you.

Your life will be spent in an ever more futile search for someone who shares your belief but you will search on vain and die a broken old man and upon your death you will awaken to find the spirit of confucius arguing with a girl with cat ears

The glory of a civilization where air in the cities makes your lungs burn, where animals are tortured to death because it's believed that pain improves the flavor and where the government controls breeding and female children are regularly subjected to infanticide.

Get a load of this faggot.

This but with Japan.

What the fuck do Koreans have against animals?

That's modern China, and a biased depiction at that. I thought we were talking about historical China.

The only reason they didn't get steamrolled by the Japanese was
1.) There was no supreme government to challenge, moreover the two were busy killing each other so why even bother. Just let them do the heavy work and finish the job yourself
2.)America didn't give them enough time
It's a shame too, Japan dindunuffin. The biological weapons weren't that bad right? The the rape of Nanjing was honestly a good thing, those Chinese men clearly couldn't pleasure their women so the japs helped out

You're fucking retarded.

>Biased

No, not really. There's ample evidence for all of those things.

its hard when the current regime is literally the blandest, most faceless government and culture imaginable

China is so big that most people would only experience the pollution thing. I've spent quite a few years in China and what strikes me is how normal everything is. From what you hear in Western media, you'd think that China is Mordor or something. It really isn't, and I feel bad for Chinese folks who have to hear people tell them about their own country when they haven't even been there themselves.

It's like me accusing all Americans of having participated in gang violence or eating grits. It would seem like a ridiculous insult but somehow it's OK when you're insulting Asians or Africans.