Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the money and are too lazy to learn how fashion works?

Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the money and are too lazy to learn how fashion works?

Keep in mind I have no fashion instincts to begin with and have never successfully taught myself any sort of artistic skill, and all I care about is looking decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

young-stalin.com/infos.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol...

Wow that was useful, thanks for the input

Veeky Forums is my personal stylist.
xhe does it for free.

give me the money and I'll be your personal stylist

rich peoples' ability to look bad never fails to impress me

yeah man :) totally "worth"

Just post in cop or not threads dude

This desu

Just start with the basics and then work your way to unique pieces. Get everything tailored to your liking and go from there. What will a stylist tell you that's so dramatic and life changing?

If you have the money its worth the try I guess. If you wanna dress nicely without having "fashion instincts" just buy some nice jeans, nice belt, shoes and well fitting tshirts and oxfords. Add in a few sweaters and a nice coat and your pretty set. If you need to outfits for business just get trousers and dress shirts, same basic idea.

what are the basics senpai

young-stalin.com/infos.php
Aka the sticky.

I'd say its worth it. Its not just about being lazy to learn fashion, it has more to do with the fact that rich people have better things to do then spend their day at a mall browsing stores. A friend of mine is a popular stylist (in my europoor country) for alot of rich people. They are usually to busy working so they just want somebody to pick out some outfits for the rest of the month and make sure they are ironed/tailored etc.

>Is x worth if you've got the money
Yes.

I'm your huckleberry
I can teach you not to look like a try hard
And I'll help you look effortless

>Is it worth hiring a personal stylist if you've got the money

No its not just buy what you like dummy.

This advice isn't coming from some college student who hates you for having money
This is coming from someone who probably makes more money than you do and has a good grasp on what it takes to be financially responsible.

If you have money left after your expenses and money saved like an RSP (seriously get into an RSP) THAN you can buy expensive clothes
but dont pay some faggot $500 to tell you what looks good. Chances are his/hers taste is even worse than the teenagers on Veeky Forums

For example
This guy looks like a weak jewish Bruce Spingsteen

Not OP but I'd love to get some advice on how to be Veeky Forums

idk but I'd totally fuck lena

Show me some paper

napoleon dynamite?

how tall are you brother

Can't cuck the huck

I remember looking at your Reddit profile wear you posted dirty pictures of yourself.

Not worth it, there is a 100% chance you will be paying for the services of someone just as tasteless as you but more obsessively informed about trends.

The shape and fit of the clothes around your body is the only part of dressing that is really worth teaching yourself.

Identify and avoid the trappings of mass produced clothing: realize that most garments are made big to drape over as many bodies as possible.

>Identify and avoid the trappings of mass produced clothing
Are you saying I should get all my clothes custom made? And that being able to match colours and patterns is not really worth learning?

>Are you saying I should get all my clothes custom made?
No, I'm saying that the clothes out in the world that fit you are in the 0.5% of clothes on the rack. Learn to differentiate between the 99.5 and the 0.5. Take note of every hole in a garment through which your limbs protrude. Once you understand that what makes a jean skinny is the leg holes all the way down at your feet, and what makes a jacket look modern is the narrow cut of the armholes, you've begun to understand fit and you will be able to visualize how a garment will fit you before you pull it off the rack.

Colors and patterns require a lot of study to arrange appealingly and it has minimal use for someone who just wants look decent. Stylists will have you wearing flamboyant dumb shit for their amusement. All the people you want to impress have shit taste so it doesn't matter what colors you wear near them.

.....fuckkkkkk...but then youhave to get fit before your clothes fit even decently. And what if you're a 5'7 manlet like myself?

The whole point fashion is fun is creating and trying out different looks. Hiring someone to tell you what to wear is stupid.

The only exception I could understand would be if you were some sort of celebrity who relied on his image to be successful, and needed to maintain that image. But I don't think you are.

listen dude, the extent to which knowledge about clothing is useful is about the same as manners and etiquette

keep your elbows off the table and you're fine
being an attractive male has little to do with appearances out in the real world anyway

A good stylist knows what looks on good you, and doesn't let his own personal taste influence him too much. You can't dress up a 40 year old business dude in "trendy" clothing.

Just go with the classics and you cant go wrong.

Unless youre ugly or fat.

Then theres no point in tryharding.

you can't?

if you have no fashion "instincts" then go to /r/mfa. not trying to be a dick. They are actually helpful if you're new to trying to look good. basic shit and what not

>effortless

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Those leaks were such a disappointment.

Give me your tots...

What's RSP?

Not OP. To me fashion is just a tool to improve relations with other people. I dress to demographic for social advantage.

I'm interested, what's your email? Teach me

[email protected]
lets talk people.

>learn how fashion works?
It's not something to be learn't, it's just a sense of style.

Fuck off retro_specs fucking twink faggot

So I'm fucked?