Orthodox Western Rite

youtube.com/watch?v=31TqJsTObBc

Why did the Catholic Church abandon so much of her rich traditionalist art and music? I mean, obviously they still have this kind of music in Latin, but why wasn't it translated into English, as with the Orthodox? Instead, English Catholic Liturgical music sounds like this: youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o

What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2OcRMNsctyU
youtube.com/watch?v=-rF1rGoJJmo
youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It depends on where you go. Luckily people like pic related are encouraging a more traditional liturgy. I blame 1960s "spirit of Vatican II" hippie bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=2OcRMNsctyU

Vatican II

because traditionalist stuff is seen as boring by the majority of lay people

That can't be true, I refuse to believe anyone enjoys shitty folk hymns from the 70s over something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=-rF1rGoJJmo

I don't. I honestly prefer Latin Masses or at least Masses that attempt to keep the traditional air to them over what ever the fuck that hippie music the plays in Mass. It just doesn't fit the type of respect you should give the Real Presence.

Aren't you people supposed to be believe that the holy spirit is at work in this ecumenical counsels. Isn't God, not your personal taste, supposed to be the ultimate authority?

>Constantine thread
>Orthodox trying to argue Catholic

Is Constantine Orthodox?

I bet he's just some white american 20 year old whose mom raised him Catholic. Then maybe went Greek because the Catholic vernacular masses weren't "hard enough" for him.

If he goes to seminary school he'll meet plenty of guys who'll be hard enough for him kek

>He doesn't know
It's a girl Orthodox thing. I don't like her because she tries to bully me for defending the Church and all of it's actions.

>He doesn't know
He's a man, baby.

>buying into the tranny meme

Judeo-masonic, communist and homosexual entrism culminating in the vatican II revolution.

>white-knighting for Constrannyteen

>implying I like her

That only works when the council rules in favor of something I like.

Is Constantine a tranny?

I know it's probably just slander, but isnt that a sin? It's like suicide or punching someone in the dark, a victimless crime but nevertheless drastically details god's plan

Or is Constantine the le picky choosey type?

*derails

I'm old school. Rule 16. And I haven't seen the poster address the issue.

Constantine (the original poster) was an MTF transsexual who crossposted on /pol/ and /cgl/. After Veeky Forums opened she/he was stalk day an animus man on here who proffered marriage to himher so much she (constantine) ran away.

The current constantine is that autistic bachelor, wearing constantine's trip like the guy who wears that other guy's face in the saw films.

You mean the one that's only used in like three churches and is universally looked down upon by everyone in the Eastern Orthodox rite as being somehow theologically and inherently inferior?

Yeah, I've heard of it.

You have a very unrealistic understanding of normal people. They find your interest in this old stuff in a foreign language weird at best

The one that also has so many byantintifications that it might as well just be the Eastern Rite yes

youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c

Never4get.

IGNORE what I said I just found an archive:

This person is very degenerate.

Yeah, her friend became a nun and she's said she's been considering it ever since. She doesn't like to use words that attract any attention to her being a woman though, that's why she uses a masculine name for her trip and never talks about being a woman, but ask her point blank if she's a woman and she won't deny it.

Can I get a link to the archive? i wanna see for myself.