Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKEdklILMi8
monoskop.org/images/2/2d/Deleuze_Gilles_Bergsonism.pdf
ditext.com/mctaggart/time.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vrqmMoI0wks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess if space is.

the present is the only real thing. past and future are merely ideas.

no basic physics
light distance and shit user

50 miles from here the future has already begun

Thats not how physics works at all

yes it is, i just can't explain it to you because linguistics are also a social construct

stop with your language games

just concepts you divide the present with.

beauty and attractiveness like qny other subjective preference can be influenced and almost dominated by the ideas you make yourself believe and make a part of you, but it also have objective subjective preferences like the idea that for a healthy tongue sweetness is just simply good, so are objective factors in visual aesthetics that our eyes prefer like symmetricality etc, so like everything else like the whole human experience which is both subjective and objective siemonteniously so is the question of sensual preferences.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKEdklILMi8

Veeky Forums just had a sperg attack, Veeky Forums shouldn't discuss physics any more than a priest should.

awww look, baby/his/ is trying to Veeky Forums

A preist came up with the big bang theory

Damn, that's some ROAST

Our illusory experience of time is a psychological construct, not a social one. Time itself is an aspect of spacetime, which is a physical object.

>implying anything physical is real and not just in our minds

>implying minds are real

Time exists independently of our perception of it. This has been proven with the way we set clocks for GPS.

Not going to get all philosophical about it, because of the way we sometimes perceive time, or what we do with it, but it's not a social construct in and of itself.

that body is most definitely not a social construct

Go away Sokal.

it's measurable and it has a clear effect on the universe, thus it is not a social construct. Fucking high school "philosophians", I swear

WHO IS THAT

I came here just to post this

dem thighs aren't a social construct

Anyone who uses the term "Social Construct" should be set aflame, shot, and then set aflame again.

Pic related is not a social construct, your argument is invalid.

No, the 'present' is an idexical location of a dimension. Saying that it is 'now' is literally like being somewhere and saying that you're 'here'.

Space and time (as well as causation) are purely conceptual (thus illusions). B-theory is correct. Zeno was right but for all the wrong reasons.

food is a social construct

I would agree with that if you agreed that consciousness was a social construct too

monoskop.org/images/2/2d/Deleuze_Gilles_Bergsonism.pdf

And I'm all like, well I'm a Christian so I'm okay with this. All honesty was doing an atheist test, cool, Veeky Forums passes.

Atheism really is something confined to reddit

I am an arch through which time passes

How can I get a gf like her

Time exists for all animals, not just humans. It's simply humans that have found the means to measure it in a semi accurate way and are therefore aware of it. My belief is that part of the reasoning behind this is the human obsession with our own mortality. While a social construct has given us the awareness that a thing such as time exists, things for which a social construct cannot exist (inanimate objects such as a rod of uranium for instance) are still effected by time at a constant rate. Not only this, but living things that are incapable of thought are also still effected by time. Time itself is a funny fucking thing, though. It's effected by forces such as gravity, our minds have the capability to change our perception of it's speed even though it's still moving at the same rate, and once you move it beyond a physical plane it becomes much less linear.

>It's effected by forces such as gravity, our minds have the capability to change our perception of it's speed even though it's still moving at the same rate, and once you move it beyond a physical plane it becomes much less linear.

Excellent, here we go:

How does gravity affect time? Explain like I am 12.

Give a relatable example of how our minds change our perception of the speed of time despite it moving at the same rate.

Explain time beyond a physical plane; explain what you mean by less linear. Give examples.

Our minds change how time appears to us because of the way our memory long term and short term memory work.
Imagine doing something that demands your full attention. Time is perceived by you to have passed very quickly while doing things that are easier create in us the perception of time going slowly..
If you do the same thing day after day, all your experiences blend in, creating the feeling that an entire week was only composed of a few moments.
etc...

read this:

Money or having game.

Time is not a social construct, it's an individual construct. The world exists as my representation and thus concepts such as time and space exist only for the intellect to use in order to affirm the undying will to live.

I'd argue only the measurement of time is a social construct.

Perception of time alternatively is an individual based perception.

time is a construct of human perception

desu

[angry beeping noises]

You don't have to be socially engaged to perceive the passage of time, just like with perceiving space. Time and space are perceived together.

However, both time and space are indeed illusions, insofar as we acknowledge that "objective" perception is impossible.

Obvious bait. Of course it isn't
This board is chock full of argumentative faggots, even for the internet.

Good job OP.

So what do YOU think time is?

Time is a mass perceptual hallucination dependent upon gravity and speed.

Time stops everything from happening at once.

Time decay's everything it passes through.

But if you add a dimension to any amount of already set dimensions, in our case we have 3 (or 4 if you recognize time as a dimension) the over all conduit of reality begins to expand and stretch apart with every added dimension. That means time becomes more timeless with more space to move through, because everything is tearing apart and has the potential to expand or add to itself. Its like adding yeast to flour, the volume increases. A second can potentially be turned into an hour, that second can potentially last longer, and an hour to us could feel like a second in a higher dimension. All depending on the perimeters of that added dimension of course. So in theory, the higher you climb in dimensions, the more tangible of the understanding of eternity.

Now I'm going to throw this out there just because I find it interesting, you dont have to continue reading...

2 Peter: 3 verse 8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This is implying that God, the creator of all things resides outside of time as we know it. And if one day with us, is as a thousand years with Him, and a thousand years with Him is as a day with us, that means if you look at the earth from that higher dimension, the earth is spinning like a top. Which would make sense, since again, in theory, if you add dimension upon dimension, everything would become more with less effort so to speak.

ditext.com/mctaggart/time.html

The idea of social constructs is a (((social))) construct.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>not being a monist

Shit nigga, everything is one thing and all our senses are false. The pre-socratics got it right, we got it wrong for the sake of having something to talk about.

>but why are we even talking if we are all one thing?
SHIT NIGGA! ONE FUCKING THING! SENSES ARE FUCKED!
Praise Zeno.

Actual model of universe will tell you that future and past equally have substance in the present.

What our grand grand grand ancestors done it's not lost yet, by the virtues of how the universe is described - it's still here in the fabric of space-time, all events.

youtube.com/watch?v=vrqmMoI0wks

start from 5:30

Well you could say science is bullshiting on that, but space-time relativity has been observed pretty much.

Atomic clocks on satellites that roamed really fast around earth - were showing different time from the clocks on earth, by a very very small number indeed - but the reality works in that relativistic way.

Time is a cube.

According to your definition of a rudimentary subject, yes.

Time is an entropic construct.

>I guess if space is.

Don't guess, you Christian moron.

light up wittgenstein

Pretty sure you are gonna age and die faggots. "lel time is no real xD" works until worms start eating you, you stupid fucking faggots.

Time is an epistemological construct.

I like you.

Time is a flat circle.

Einstein proved that time is a dimension as real as space or light

She has an Instagram @bebeu4ev

As others have said space-time exists regardless of our perception of it.

Time as in what you see when you look at your watch is a 100% a social construct. Space-time doesn't care what a second is, a second as a measurement of time is something we have collectively agreed upon for whatever reasons. In fact space-time theorists tells us that what we think we measure when we measure time, as in a second, is actually a poor relation of recording how actual space-time actually works.

Don't

who is this semen demon