caseyresearch.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CAN'T WAKE UP

WHY DID I BUY FUCKING VCN AT $28

WHY

I bought GEI for $24

>falling for canadian memes

nice portfolio m8888

Mine is only $8k rn, I'm funneling more funds into it over time, just waiting for favorable times to buy though.

my initial amount was 46,5 and I ended up selling suncor at a loss which put me down. From dividends I have over 1k cash and bought more GEI when it crashed
So including dividends I'm up like $500 despite my holdings being down -2.5%
Which isn't too bad given 50% of my holdings are energy or pipeline

8k is respectable, I inherited 20k and currently live at home and work full time so my income is all gravy

>8k is respectable, I inherited 20k and currently live at home and work full time so my income is all gravy

Yeah i got like $20k but only $8k in my portfolio. I just don't want to buy too much too quick because it seems kind of shaky right now.

>it seems kind of shaky right now
Good time to buy desu
I bought embridge when things were shaky and I'm up over 1k now. Do you have a TFSA?

>Do you have a TFSA?

Yes. It's all in there.

I'm the fag who occasionally posts Canada threads and has only been buying VFV and VCN, kek.

1000 shares of this. Bad morning.

I never trust pharmaceuticals
I have a friend who swears by them but he's been burned hard too

i-it's not pharmaceuticals

it's Vanguard Canada s&p and Canadian ETFs

I don't fucking understand how to buy the s&p in Canada, currency fluctuation is fucked

Do you own any Veresen (vsn)?

They're a pipeline, building a big project from Alberta to a port (Jordan Cove) in Oregon. I like it, because unlike the pipelines in Canada, they don't have to bribe a bunch of native chiefs.

There p/e is kind of crazy right now, but if Jordan Cove is successful, they could easily doouble and pay a 20% dividend if you buy now.

Think it's all-right, canadabros. All of canadian energy was on an incredible tear, it was time for a correction. If it falls more tomorrow, I'll buy more.

Holdan CPG, TCK, BTE, and ECA (earnings tho.... wooof!)

Sleep easy

Negative

I don't like indexes or mutual funds
You're making other people money

Also TRP is the largest pipeline company in north America. They just bought a big American pipeline company recently too
now is a good time to buy TRP imo. I wish I had more liquidity to pick some up

>he doesn't know what caused this

China

Veresen isn't a ETF, their symbol starts with V, but they aren't associated with Vanguard.

Gotcha

RBA

I fucking hate Australians

What do my fellow anons think about ORT on the TSX?

How much will it climb when their HPA Plant fires up and starts producing High Purity Aluminum?

Doesn't look like it's competitive on it's own, competing against giants like Rio Tinto.

But the combination of environmentally friendly and Quebec, should ensure enough subsidies to survive. I'll probably buy a few thousand shares if it's only 30 cents.

If it can do what it says it can, they could license their methods, or get taken over.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO BUY S&P IN CANADA

I don't get it guys. How the fuck am i to make any profit when i can't regularly buy it because of currency fluctuation?

fuckkkk

Don't buy it anyway
As oil recovers so will the CAD and any gains in the CAD will negate any gains on the NYSE in USD

Fucking hell why

I fell for the "Just buy the s&p and hold until retirment" meme, is it just not applicable to Canada or something?

The CAD is currently 79cents. When you buy American stocks you are buying them in USD so your webbroker will convert your currency

If the CAD recovers 5% as oil inevitably recovers, that means the CAD is worth more verses the USD so when you convert your money back to CAD when you sell, the USD will buy 5% fewer CAD so if you only make modest gains on the NYS, the exchange rate will negate those gains

Yes I understand that, but what the fuck can I do instead?

Is there an alternative strategy?

It's applicable, but it has it's ups and downs. The ups just happened big for 8 months. Now there will be downs for a bit.

In the long run it's a good idea, but you can enter into a better position with some patience.

Dividend paying banks
Or make a dynamic profile like normal successful investors

shoda bough X

I thought dividends were memes unless your portfolio is worth millions?

So far this year I have over $800 in dividends, in a year I get about $2 grand

Right now my holdings are down -$1.5k
Even if the market doesn't recover at all I'll still end up at the end of the year

This
Wait for the dollar to be higher

Another straight day of lower oil

Jesus Christ Gibson
Fucking Alberta wild fires

What website are you using to buy those stocks? looks neat and easy to use, how are the fees?

That's TD waterhouse

$9.99 a trade
Good customer service too and lots of tools to check earnings and compare etc.

GUYS! BUY GIBSON ENERGY INC GEI*
IT HAS BEEN OVERSOLD BECAUSE FIRE IN FORT MACMURRAY

isn't 9.99$ to much? any cheaper canadian alternatives ?

Looking at BNE and SES. Will buy BNE before the ex dividend date but not sure if oils going to go down more or if it'll stabilize.

Meridian might be and there are some cheapie ones like $3 a trade
Some banks also give you like 20 free trades when you open an account

As I said before TD has good customer service and I got 20 free trades which I've probably used though. I was casual af when I first started investing so I'd make several trades a month. Now I've established I want long term investments I make like 4 trades a year.
Yes it can add up but they also have a quality web template and tools which you won't get from cheaper web brokers

>but not sure if oils going to go down more or if it'll stabilize.
Buy Gibson I'm telling you. Way over sold today because fort macmurray fire and the stop loss bots would have dumped stock after the initial 5% drop

By the end of the week it will recover a dollar at least

Why do they have an 8% dividend yield? That's a red flag.

Because the dividend hasn't decreased when the stock dropped from oil crash

The dividend is based on a $28 share price, Gibson was also disproportionately hit by oil because it deals with refining and pipeline not oil extraction

questrade min $5 per trade. ranges from $5-10 depends on how many units you buys.

Bump

I opened a tfsa trading account with TD waterhouse.
Spent like 300 bucks on fees making trades
spent 2 grand on 13 different exploration/mining companies that could potentially blow up to 10 baggers.
>Only need 1 to blow up to pay for all the other ones if they all failed.
Holding for long term to see what happens

Forgot photo

Christ, why'd you buy meme stocks? Although now would be a good time to buy into mining, I'd never buy a stock work less than a dollar. You really need to diversify, no memes. Get TD or some other dividend paying bank stock,

>Spent like 300 bucks
Dude you were spending average 3 to 5% of your trade value in fees
You should have stuck to fewer holdings but more of them. With a portfolio with that value it doesn't make sense to diversify in one commodity like that
If you look at the long term trend of most mining it will follow the sane trajectory anyway.
I'm not saying sell because you'll burn more Money on fees but next trade you make spend at least a grand

Short canada

This fucking fire in Alberta is killing my portfolio

Time to sell ENB, or do you really think it'll rise more from that? That's already a really nice return.

TFW your account looks minus all the time, but you made a nice 4% ROI before taxes and fees in three days with buying GNC when it bottomed and all your long positions are a few percent minus because you believe by the end of the year they'll rise 10-15% and then you're going to sell them. I could've, looks like, made 5.5% return from the GNC but eh, who cares? Bought DLG when it bottomed and already have 6% ROI and sell stop at 28.50 for now.

TFW not institutional cuck so you can wait things out : ^)

>Time to sell ENB, or do you really think it'll rise more from that? That's already a really nice return.
No point in selling it, I make $450, about 7% in dividends
It's also not even close to its 52 week high and oil hasn't even recovered. I'll sell when I need to pay for law school

Yeah I realized that, With gold prices speculated to rise to retarded heights and if one of these companies finds a decent amount of gold then I believe I am set either way. Plus these were chosen based on the research that I pay for.

>research that I pay for.
>Paying for research with only 4grand invested

partially paid for. subcription costs about 3 grand a year

>mfw I didn't buy oil in February, so I started this fire for another buying opportunity

Bloomberg?

Why didn't you buy Temple Hotels?

They own hotels in the downtown of Fort McMurray. The fire has destroyed a lot of housing, but firefighters were able to save the downtown core. There wont be any vacancies in their hotels for a year now.

caseyresearch.com/

Now's a time to buy oil sands I guess

just take a screenshot you stupid niggerkike

At work and couldn't use 4chin on PC
The mobile site on my phone won't show all my holdings

Fuck all this shit.

I was doing so well untl this fucking fire out west crashed my pipeline holdings

>spendinn 15% of your investment on fees

lmao. if fees are above 1% you shouldn't bother

but he paid for the research!

xD

then you'd have to spend minimum 2 grand on a position.

>spend minimum 2 grand on a position.
if fees are %9.99 then it's a minimum a grand on one position, which yes. Is a good amount to spend. Spreading out 3k over 10 random stocks worth less than a dollar isn't smart investing senpai

$9.99 *

yeah I understand that, just gonna hold long and see what happens. I didnt wanna throw 3 grand onto 3 things and have them all crash hard

Bump