Watch Thread General

Last one died pretty quick, so here we go again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7sS7BCltkk
instrmnt.co.uk/01-a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I loved the last thread, it was really informative.

What does Veeky Forums feel about the Skagen watch brand? Do they make quality timepieces?

they are on sale today in zalando lounge, is that why are you asking?

Really? I just came across the brand when I googled, I think their watches look awesome. I'll check that sale out right away.

what does Veeky Forums think about the watch my dad passed down to me?
1/2

2/2

what is your wrist size

idk but i'm a wristlet :( no bully please

im 188cm and only have a 6.25inch wrist lel

i'm 194cm and had to take the watch to the shop and have the band shortened to fit me. my dad is like 175~cm. feelsbad

Just got this cutie in the mail. No quickset date, so yea.

6.7inch wrists and this is my goal watch. Feels bad.

who /slav/ here?

What's a good, cheap (Below $100) watch for the summer? Preferably with a leather strap.

>Do they make quality timepieces?

No. They look nice but the make is renowned for quality issues

Well you're dumb enough to ask if a watch that's $40 shipped to your house on sale is quality...

this one is gorgeous

That's a very beautiful dial user. Have a picture of it on a strap?

Reminds me of this.

uhmm bro???? you forgot to wipe that little piece of shit off your arm??

Nah, it's in the mail

Simple. There are two watch people really. You either get a 'fashion' quartz watch. Or you look to mechanical watches.

The reality is there are affordable mechanical watches, the same price (or less) than 'fashion' watches.

If all you want is a watch that looks 'modern' Then you could do a lot worse than Skagen.

But for the same money you could get a Seiko that is mechanical, has some 'soul' and enthusiasts would respect, (if you care).

Be careful though, nekt minute you're down the rabbit hole and going after pieces like this.

Look at Seiko, Citizen, Timex, Swatch for your budget.

I'm not sure if going mechanical is being redpilled or bluepilled by memes.

this.

I personally hate mechanical shit because it's so inaccurate compared to quartz and needs more maintainence. a watch that I have to readjust every other week is for the bin.

I just think the mechanical aspect of it is neat.

I agree it is. clockworks are interesting to look at. I own one myself but for me personally it's just not worth it buying them if the purpose is just telling the time very accurately

>it's so inaccurate compared to quartz and needs more maintainence

I don't mind since they are neat. the fact that you have a little machine on your hand that responds to you is cool, especially from an engineering standpoint. It doesn't matter if you spend $100 on quartz, because it's basically like a $10 quartz on the inside/ takes almost no time to produce, which makes them boring.

OHH God

more about the craftsmanship
like guys who like fountain pens. who the fuck wants a pen that leaks and doesnt write well on all paper? but it's the experience, the connection.

>I personally hate mechanical shit because it's so inaccurate compared to quartz and needs more maintainence. a watch that I have to readjust every other week is for the bin.

I could never buy a shitter just because of the constant chore of fixing the time endlessly. But anything COSC certified is acceptable and it only really needs to be adjusted once every month, which is when you would change the date wheel anyway. If you get a really accurate, high quality movement you might never need to adjust it because you can self-regulate it by leaving it in different positions when you sleep. For example my old, beater Rolex has been regulated purely by me leaving the crown up when I sleep and it's only drifted off by a grand total of 3 seconds.

But yeah I would definitely say you need to be a "watch guy" to buy anything mechanical because quartz is, generally, superior from a raw accuracy standpoint.

r8

Pretty good my man. Timex is the least pretentious department store watch and their build quality is good.

The Expedition line is especially lovely.

Thanks
I actually got the advice from

Gay Sweet dreams/10

My Granadads Rolex doesn't work but it's beautiful

Fake

What do you guys think of Bulova watches?
I am really found of their design of the surveyor and the moon watch aswell and their movements are rated -10/+15 secs a YEAR
seems like a nice watch and a collection piece
youtube.com/watch?v=n7sS7BCltkk

Scum all of you.

what did you mean by this?

Fix it and wear it

way too big.
something is off about this image.

if you like that style, look at Bering watch. they look similar but I assume they might be better quality.

would never buy any of these few, I really hate the style.

On seeing thumbnail I wanted to retort....
But that's one sexy chronometer, alas.
U win.

What do I think? It'll sound creepy, but I think you have really cute hands.

Is getting a Soviet watch off eBay/Etsy worth it?

just came across this meme.
I like it. there's shitty homage or replicas of that too.

Definitely, I love my Vostok 50 slavthoms I got from a Ukrainian seller on eBay.

What clothing go with Seiko Alpinist?

Does alpinecore exist?

Grey, green or white wool sweater

Since Daniel Wellingtons (by admission of the founder) are just $20 Chinese watches being sold as $200 premium items, does a storefront exist on TaoBao or AliExpress that sells the un-marked-up versions?

havent worn it in a while, been usin my gear s3 for everyday shit.

the diamonds were custom added in because I like diamonds :3

yeah

thoughts about this?

interesting. I'd never wear it tho

That's actually disgusting.

>comparing a guys watch to a girls watch

Six months in, still looks almost brand new. Hopefully it doesn't last forever and I can get a diver in a few years.

man you shouldn't be calling out people's rolex's if you don't have a comparable watch. If you're gonna grab a picture of a rolex on the internet at least pick one with a decent band

It's not big at all, it's like 36mm across. It's just a close-up photo and I have skinny wrists.

>nato band on a military issue watch
>not a "decent band"

Why do I have to buy something to have an opinion on the aesthetics of some other thing?

Do you realize how little sense you're making?

Leave him alone user, let the obv middle class guy judge the womens rolex

>$30 band on a submariner

jesus christ that's horrific. Is this actually a thing?

It's like a cheap fire decal on a nice mercedes

>movie

okay it makes sense now thanks. If you actually had one you'd realize how retarded that concept is unless you're punching, swimming, killing bad guys daily — which you can also do with the regular band.

im laughing at the thought of you thinking that because the shittiest bond wore it then it gives it some credibility.

*hairy wrists
Ftfy

can someone ID this watch? or suggest similar

Why?

Some watches discussed and interesting enough to get

>Steinshart
>Steinmart

Just buy Diesel and Invicta and be done with it.

and two more casios. welcome to the 90s dawg.

Steinharts are a steal on that price. Reliable movement (+3 sec.), well executed finish and screwed in links.

>30$
you do know that they are sold for like 2 dollars from china and then companies like cheapestnatostraps just up the price right???

Rate, please.

eats up battery

What is the best cheap watch you can get off Amazon? I just need one quickly

Getting one when my seiko dies or gets too trashed.

It's a nice watch but it's kind of oversized compared to my Seiko diver and I sort of regret having such a blatant sub ripoff. Very high quality overall though, it looks and feels great and it has a decent movement and sapphire crystal and all solid links and stuff.

My man.
gr8/8

This. Can't stand pretentious, unpractical watches.

Genuinely classy, unlike the Rolex twats.

Timex, Lorus, Casio, Swatch, Boccia Titanium...

depends what you're looking for. there is no "best". some have more features, some don't. all run on quartz which is the same.

I hate the modern speedy bracelets.

Wish they'd "remaster" the style used on the 145.012

one of my many moles
thanks friend, appreciate the compliment

That's beautiful. Bring it to a proper watchmaker and have it serviced/repaired.

That's pretty nice.

Quite good. i like it.

Please die.

Nice.

How do you like the Chinese chronograph. I read about the movement being very delicate and breaking a lot.

They do.

Fuck Fossil haters!

New bracelet with the screws is not bad.

is cartier worth it?

what do you guys think about this Seiko with a NATO for everyday wear?

>sean connery
>the shittiest bond

Opinion disregarded

Unless you know how to, and need to use all of the information on the bezel and such, no.

You need a classic model if you want a Cartier, but it's your money of course.

Got it for a year and had no issues. I got a russian watchmaker nearby who will do poljot and venus calibers, otherwise service might have been troublesome in the future. But it´s a pretty cheap watch, so there is always the option to simply replace it in the end.

>sub ripoff
you better trash it before someone sees you with it.

>MPH
...but why

something british

lookin for bauhaus but don't have cash? I was in the same boat. I'm not about to drop $2k on a tangente (dream watch) but I'll drop $130 on this:
instrmnt.co.uk/01-a

fuck off shill

only a Tank

What are some good options for a casual goes-with-most-outfits watch ? preferably cheap so i dont have to worry about it much. i only have one watch currently and its too gaudy to wear on an average day.

Seko 5