Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.

Other urls found in this thread:

niod.com/product/nid-set-treatments
fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
skinacea.com/sunscreen/wear-sunscreen-right.html#.WMZkK9KGPIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how the fuck do I get red of hyper-pigmentation and scar indentations

>hyper-pigmentation
sorry, not sure what that is

How significant the impact of coffee on skin is?
I eat according to Veeky Forums, no junk food, soda or alcohol, do workout and basic skincare routines, but coffee is the thing I just can't get rid of.
Daily coffee intake is about 0.5 - 0.75 L (black, no or little sugar).

after i have a pimple on my forehead sometimes it leaves an indent even after the red scar fades. will these go away over time or am i fucked? collagen remodels for up to a year after acne right?

You cannot get rid of scars without professional intervention, but for hyper-pigmentation you can use AHA exfoliants, and vitamin-rich products.
I enjoyed vitamin C serums, rose hip oil, and other serums packed with vitamins.

asian guy over here --

used to use neosporin for acne.. kinda greasy and didnt rly work that well but sometimes it reduced some big ones

had a period using some shit my pediatrician prescribed for me as a kid. meh, nothing special

used/using benzoyl peroxide or whatever (i think 3 or 5%) for a couple years. good results in the beginning but not much these days, also dries out your skin so be careful

for acne scars (everyone gets em) i used mederma which works wonders... and sunlight, get a nice tan and it gets rid of blemishes in general (including acne woah)

regular skin maintenance i use olay regenerist (25 a bottle at costco or something)... pricey but works wonders, keeps my skin moisterized. i put it on first thing in the morning and after anytime i wash my face. Cerave equivalent facial moisturizer works fine too, a little cheaper

used to wash my face with hand soap cuz i already felt high maintenance as a guy but these days ive been trying out some neutrogena naturals face wash (10 a bottle) cuz the ex recommended it in the past or something

oh i have nice asian skin that people often compliment by the way

1. Coffee isn't in that list.
2. Veeky Forums knows v. little about skincare.
3. Try caffeine pills or preworkout? Make sure you drink a lot of water if you're going to be having caffeine throughout the day.

how the fuk do i close my huge ass pores!!

Eat healthy, drink a lots of water.
Use a delicate cleanser and a toner.
Exfoliate your skin.
Use masques: I really love NIOD ones, they turned my skin around.

My friend had positive effects with baking soda but I never tried.

which masque did you use?

I have the flavanone mud and the myrrh clay. Both work amazingly.
The flavanone mud in particular is probably the best beauty product I've ever had. Makes my pores shrink and makes my skin look really smooth. If I have a breakout, or a cyst, or red skin it disappears. It's pretty quick to use, takes just 10 minutes each week.

I am saving to buy this:
niod.com/product/nid-set-treatments

more info on removing acne scars/marks?
I got rid of the acne but my cheeks are still filled with marks

So, tell me if you know - is sparkling water alright to stay hydrated? I really can't stand still water, it do not refresh me. So I stick to the tea, sparkling water and ocasionally natural lemonades. Is this bad?

Sparkling water is more than fine.

aesop products have worked really well for me. also, accutane is the best thing to even happen

laser resurfacing can help you with that as well as chemical peels. another alternative would be dermarolling.

What Aesop products did you use?

Some days i dont wash my face, or moisturise etc, cause my skin is pretty good, no spots etc.

BUT, just case I have no spots etc, is there stuff im missing out on?, Will i phyiscally look better, i mean more awake/aware, I think I read it will make your face look less puffy, but cant remember.

Am i missing out on other stuff by not moisturising?

>dermarolling.
does it werk?

I have only tried it a couple times. not enough to provide any results. the glowing reviews seem to point to yes though.

So i've been using both Cerave & Cetaphil cleansers along with Cerave's moisturizer lotion (i apply them on at night and sometimes in the morning) but my skin is not showing much signs of improvement, also I'm starting to get out of my house more but i have no clue about good cheap sunscreens, any help?

remember to check your shampoos everyone! I had dermatitis for several months and it was because I was using Tresemme. Switched to head and shoulders and now my hair and face look way better

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen is really good! I have darker skin and it doesn't leave a white cast on me

2 rounds of accutane and I still have acne. Pretty bad bouts of depression each time. I really have no idea what to do and I fucking hate my skin.

On top of this, I'm Asian and we're expected to have good skin.

What have you been trying so far in terms of routine/diet/etc.?

So I'm home for break atm, and I mentioned to my father that the electric razor I've used since I was a teenager kind of sucks and I'm thinking of switching to the DE meme. He showed me the brand he uses, called Harry's razors. I tried it and while it was a lot better than the electric, I was wondering how it compares to other options.

Has anyone heard of this brand or its reputation? Is DE or wet shave worth the trouble?

Try sudocrem that shit has been working for me pretty well

Right now I'm just cleansing and moisturizing in the morning and at night.

Before I used to do cleanse+moisturize+sun screen in the morning and the following at night:
- Cleanse
- Alpha Hydrox Acid exfoliator
- Aztec clay mask with apple cider vinegar 1-2 a week
- Moisturize
Hydroquinone for scarring.

I stopped after my dermatologist said this was all basically bullshit.

Sudocrem? Huh, interesting that it's an antiseptic. A quick google search seems to indicate it helps with scarring and not acne itself though.

It's been helping me with both and it's so cheap you're not really missing out on much if it doesn't work

Currently when I shower I use:
exfoliator (not every day),
soap,
cleanser,
shampoo,
astringent,
and moisturizer, in that order.

If I were to start using benzoyl peroxide, what would be the best place to insert it?

Currently using this meme on my nose and cheeks to get rid of my million black heads, it kinda works but it seems they are too deep into my nose, also i can't close my huge pores on my cheeks, they are so red i look like an alcoholic, any suggestions?

My routine in the morning is:

Facial Cleaner
Exfoliator (only wednesday & sunday)
Benzoyl peroxide (only if I have an outbreak)
Aloe Vera gel (for reducing acne scars)
Moisterizer

I have oily skin and some acne but it got better after I started doing this routine, I still have some decent amount of visible acne scars left though.
Is it fine if I only do my routine once a day?
What should I do at night, the same routine or...?
Is the order fine?
The aloe vera gel worked a little against acne scars but if there is something else that works I am willing to try that out.

Thanks in advance

I tried those aswell and they only pull the little ones out. The visible big ones are still there on my nose

It is fine if you do your skincare just once a day, but do it at night.
In the morning, wash your face with water and then use some sunscreen before you go out.

Acne scarring cannot be removed without a professional.
You can eliminate some dyschromia by using chemical exfoliation and serums with vitamins (A, E, C, B especially).
I am using a serum with alpha arbutin and it helped.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to a pore reducing mask? This is rather costly.

You can buy the masks separately, the one flavanone mud is like 35€ - which is pricey but not extremely expensive like the set deal.

Clay masks in general are pretty effective on pores - I've heard good things about the Aztec Secret one (which is cheap as hell).

Yes, I did find it for £29. I don't normally purchase skincare products so it still seems a little pricey to me. Or does that count as averagely priced? If so, I'll get it. Do you reckon it'll last a while?

Thanks

It is between average and high-end. There are a lot of cheaper options that might be as effective, this one worked particularly good for me.

I am very happy with it, I have been using it for 3 months and I really see progress. I am almost at half of the 50 ml jar, and I used it for about 15-20 applications. You use a very thin layer of it.

Alright, I'll see if I'll be able to afford it. Else, I'll go for the Aztec one, which I've found for about half the price. But thank you very much for the in depth explanation.

Try this and then apply the meme black cream. Vapor opens your pores making it easier the black head removal.

I've always used Ivory soap on my body, and I get mild eczema occasionally. I'm looking into the Dove bar and the Cetaphil bar.

Why are these marketed as soap-free when they list soaps in their ingredients? Sodium stearate and sodium tallowate are common soaps and in both bars.

Also why are the ingredients so complicated? The Avene bar is more natural looking, but it has mainly the same ingredients too. Plus, it costs a fortune.

Honestly, the more I research these products, the more I want to just go full-Roman oil cleanse method.

what would you guys recommend for a beginner routine?

I keep breaking out on my chin, it's so small it's hardly noticeable but still annoying. Any tips??
I've been off of it for about 2 weeks and I thought it was really working, but my stupid chin won't chill out. Do I just need to give it time??

I'm on accutane. I am miserable.

For the morning:
>Wash your face with cold water
>Moisturiser with sunscreen

For the night
>Wash your face with a delicate face wash
>(eventual treatments for your skin problems)
>Moisturiser

Maybe you guys can help me
> showerd long, with very warm/ hot water for 1-2 Months.
> Skin feels dry and is somewhat "unelastic"

Beside taking only short showers with cold and pee warm water, what can I do to fix my skin?

moisturise or shower less often

I have large pores on my nose. How do I make them smaller and not make the problem worse?

Can you guys help out with eczema? I have it on my face and it sucks.
I currently use epaderm cream, I also exfoilate every other day (should I tone that down a bit?)

>opening pores

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THIS

what can i do to change this red fucking skin? i already drink a lot of water, eat well, and exercise. i tried using coconut oil for two months and it didnt do anything

Use a chemical exfoliant or something like Eucerin or Amlactin. Or get a steroid cream from your derm. two days of steroid cream has solved all my toughest eczema spots.

Uh because they still do that at spas when you get a facial lol.

who /caveman/ here?

works for me

I always get these red spots on my neck after shaving. Sometimes they'll get inflamated and huge, bright red
What exactly is this and how do I stop it from happening? Someone told me I should try electric beard trimmers instead of a razor

Thoughts on pic related?

How are the toner and the masque?
I tried their creams and they're great.

learn to shave faggot

looks like folliculitis

It's razor burn. Sanitize your razor with rubbing alcohol or buy a new cartridge if you use disposable. Use shaving cream when you shave and look up tutorials on YouTube about how to correctly shave.

absolutely sublime. Probably my favorite products from them, along with the Parsley Seed cream.

I started using a cleanser and moisturizer (standard Cetaphil and Cerave recommendations) and they are great! My acne is mostly gone now.

What is the next step? Toner? Sunscreen? Asian memecare?
I could use something to heal all of these acne scars.

I'm also interested in finding out what clears acne scars

i'm considering buying pic related for acne on my back

My skin is very dry.
I already use tons of moisturisers, oils and whatever. It still feels dry as fuck after a few hours, to the point make up is unbearable.

How do I fix it?

I sometimes use steroids, but prolonged use isn't viable.
Basically a steroid cream fixes my skin, and then after a couple days off them it just comes back.

Are there any particular ways to use BHA/AHA

So my routine is currently:
Cetaphil Cleanser
AHA Toner
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
Eucerin pH5

Should I drop one of the AHA/BHAs?

My skin is fucking disgusting, i got a fucking bermuda triangle of ance on my damn face

Do you shower in hot water? If yes, stop doing it and go cold shower.

Okay the stuff I linked actually made the redness of my acne a lot lighter. Actually made my whoke face less red. I have yet to see if it stops giving me more pimples though.

help me out goons

Anyone try out some of Lush's face products like their exfoliators?

Going to sound stupid, but what hygiene routines do you have for your eyes and eyebrows? I used to think ears didn't need anything until I started looking at other men and seeing disgusting dark hairs coming from their ears and noticed rank shit forming behind my ears. Now I pluck my ears and get my gf to also pluck them (I do it first so I don't look like a complete animal)

I'm trying to make a list for every body part of little things to do.

You can't open nor close pores.

been on accutane twice and each time has made my eyes have pretty dark circles and get kind of scaley. anyone ever had this and found a way to fix it?
also is laser my only option to get rid of acne scars, accutane stopped the acne but scars have been here for years

fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

Do not use nose strips to remove what's in your pores, you will stretch them and they will become bigger and more noticeable.

Don't know how much SA would work since it needs to be left on the skin to become effective, not going to do much if you just wash it off. Look into gentler body washes, something pH balanced and not too drying (no sulfates), because it can ruin the moisture barrier of your skin, really depends how often you shower and how dry you are making your skin. If your skin gets really dry it produces more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture, also if you're ruining your skins protective barrier it can leave your skin vulnerable and prone to breakouts.

I used to shower then go to bed, then the next day I woke up I had painful cysts sometimes, even though I had clean sheets/ pillow cases/ shirt etc.
That was my experience that could be the same for you?

Anybody try The Ordinary line by DECIEM?
It's a line of serums that are pretty affordable compared to other serums on the market. The most noticeable serums are the retinol ones, considering it's a high end ingredient that costs a lot and you would have to buy over the counter.

Thinking about buying a few of their products soon.

How can I safely get rid of blackheads, particularly on the nose. I dont have an established regiment or anything but im looking for tips

They're expensive because the bottles are sample sizes

if it's just "marks" like darker areas of scars, mederma will work wonders (in my opinion). like results in a week for me...

the other methods are probably more effective but certainly more expensive... lasers, peels...microdermabrasion is another term ive heard

no experience mysself

Why is my skin so bad? I don't have any acne and my acne scarring is minimal. I don't have any wrinkles. My skin is just kind of... I don't know, leathery? But also greasy. It has a shitty rotten tone and doesn't look smooth.

What should I do?

I wash my face with water every time I finish in the toilet.
And I bought a big tub of sunscreen with Vitamin E. I'm gonna start using that every day.

Anything else?

Well they are serums, a few drops is enough for your whole face, and being 30ml is quite a lot, I think anyway.

Sup Veeky Forumsggots, not sure if this has been covered yet.
I have a problem with flaky skin on my face and hairline. I wash with body wash as I've read that soap is bad mmkay, but no matter how much I wash and use moisturizer, mainly nivea for men, it still happens. Bot so much lately but a little bit. Talked to my barber about the dandruff and he said dont bother using head and shoulders, just regular shampoo works. Can anyone help me out here? Cheers mates!

Can sunscreen clog pores and give me pimples? Or make my skin oily?

I want to try pic related, is it a good choice?

Don't know about the former but I heard it's not really oily and sticky like most American/western sunscreens and it simply absorbs in your skin. May need to reapply if you go out frequently under the sun though.

nvm just read this post from OP:

skinacea.com/sunscreen/wear-sunscreen-right.html#.WMZkK9KGPIU

>Virtually all UV filters are oil soluble, which means they are not removed by water. To completely remove sunscreen, it’s best to use an oil-based cleanser (milky/cream type cleansers or cleansing oils) or some kind of makeup remover that can remove waterproof actives.

>Just like how you should wash off any makeup before going to bed, you should remove sunscreen before going to sleep. This will prevent any unnecessary irritation and clogged pores that the sunscreen may cause.

etc.

I did! I have purchased quite a few.
I have a fairly dry skin but due to hormones I had been breaking out a lot.
I got clear skin in a month using them.

>Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
I like it, really helps reducing breakouts when I get them. I cannot apply it to my whole face because otherwise it feels like sahara, but.
>Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Good, but not exceptional.
>100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
Can't even explain how much I love it. I use it every night and it makes my skin feel extra soft. I didn't break out from it, which is rare for me with oils.
>Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
I like it. It's really thick, but I like it.
>High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
Probably the best primer I've ever used.
>Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
Cleared up my skin LOTS. My dischromia disappeared. I had a break out when I started using it and it didn't leave marks.

Vitamin C makes my skin too irritated, so I haven't tried their products.

pic related or any snail cream tb h, but that is if the redness was caused by acne.

Did you try the minzon snail cream? I've been wanting to buy it forever.

What do you use to moisturise your body, Veeky Forums?

Rosehip seed oil has been helping me with my hyperpigmentation.

>mixed oily skin, only T-zone

Is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin a good face wash or is the Cetaphil Face Wash superior?

Is this sunscreen any good?
It's super convenient to find.

My face always feels really oily. I actually used to use gentle skin cleaner while having a shower and then the day after it'd get cysts in the bits of my skin I didn't wipe or clean hard enough with a towel (leaving bits of skin cleaner on my face). That's when I got the cycsts.

The stuff that I bought makes my face dry, but soft, also makes it stiff. Which I'm not sure is a problem.

I feel as if my face is too oily and putting moisturiser on will make pimples (it's what happened when my sister told me to moisturise for 2 consecutive days).

If I have a cyst-like thing tomorrow I will know not to use it.

Then again I haven't showered for 2 days due to being at a friends house and I thought it were to be weird having a shower at his.

Sudocrem

redpill me on muji skin products please. Are they worth it?? Also why the fuck is it so hard to buy muji products online without having to pay around 40 euro just for delivery charge unless you live in Uk..Fuck

But it does help with acne.
I only use it when I have really bad pimples/acne and it cures it super fast.
At least give it a try.

you had me at snail cream