Does anybody know why non religious people think Christians are child molesters?

Does anybody know why non religious people think Christians are child molesters?

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic-convert.com/wp-content/uploads/SexInProtestantChurches.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=3QWB1mtZhQo
youtube.com/watch?v=5qVMaOrSpK0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations#Protestantism
fisheaters.com/mary.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
youtube.com/watch?v=a1_PV7qHnl0
youtube.com/watch?v=u1pEHscO7aY
youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because child molestation is rampant in Catholicism and most people cannot tell Catholics from Christians.

Because of the institutionalised child molesting of the Catholic Church

Several high profile cases of molestation among Christian clergy

See?

Catholic clergy.

OP here. I should of said SOME non religious people

the media

Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity. It is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself and built upon Saint Peter, the first pope.

As for the meme you just spouted:

>Sue Widemark A Penn State historian, Philip Jenkins, has done in-depth research of pedophilia and sexual abuse among the clergy and has come up with some rather eye opening facts (Pedophiles and Priests, Anatomy of a Crisis, Oxford University Press, 1996, Paperback edition, 2001). It seems that while .2 to 1.7 percent of Catholic clergy have been guilty of pedophilia (or sexual abuse particularly of boys, p. 80-82), a whopping 10 percent of Protestant ministers have been found guilty of sexual misconduct with a 2 or 3 percent pedophilia rate (p. 50-52).

>This is all the more interesting, notes Jenkins, since there has been NO media term "Pastor Pedophilia" coined at all! Jenkins theorizes that the media, proving the 'point' of the 'necessity' of sexual promiscuity, overemphasizes any instance of pedophilia found among the Catholic clergy since it can use this to criticize the entire idea of celibacy. But it is interesting that the NON Celibate Protestant ministers have a MUCH GREATER problem with it than the celibate Catholic priests!

>Jenkins' research was based on several highly respected studies and statistics. He points out that whereas sexual misconduct has always been a problem, among Catholic and non-Catholic clergy as well as among the general populace, what is new now is that the 'problem' of priest sexual abuse, constructed by the media as a result of a 'moral panic' occurring in the mid-1980's.

catholic-convert.com/wp-content/uploads/SexInProtestantChurches.pdf

The Media, protestant propaganda and smearing shit and mud on the Church while pretending they dindu nuffin

Gee, the pedophiles have studies that say other people are also evil.

Big shock.

Unfortunately in places like Ireland as far off as just the 1970s mass graves of literally thousands of Irish babies and children have been found in ecclesiastical care centres. Thousands, only found out quite recently, fucking children man. A lot of them showed signs of abuse and the fact they disappeared from records so easily and the church covered this up is scary. As a catholic this is very shameful and it makes me consider becoming orthodox.

Love this nonsense. "Look! Other evil men have also molested children!"

Er, did they belong to an organization that moved them from town to town, state to state, country to country, so that they could continue to molest children?

No?

Then the "holy" Roman church ain't that "holy", is it.

Philip Jenkins is Episcopalian. Nice try though.

>moved them from town to town, state to state, country to country, so that they could continue to molest children
>so that they could continue to molest children
Nice lie.

>Peter is declared Christ's rock
>This means that all his successors must therefore be as worthy

Spackwit.

$600 billion + in hush money and settlement payments says they're not lies.

A lie.

>Catholic church openly shelters child rapists and their protectors on Vatican City property, saving them from any punishment for their crimes while sticking a symbolic middle-finger at the legal system and sovereignty of the nation they just rescued them from

>Guys, why does the media keep picking on us! You're 100% more likely to be raped by a Protestant Minister, Jewish Rabbi, or school teacher!
>I'm not trying to excuse the church's behavior, but the media witch hunts are far worse! This is merely an isolated problem from rogue priests.
>These rapes never happened before our decadent, modern age. Just goes to show how sick our culture has become, even priests are the victims of this corrupting evil

Watch the movie Spotlight, winner of the Academy Awards™ for Best Motion Picture of the Year and Best Screenplay, Written Directly for the Screen! Based on the Pultzer-Price winning investigation.

"Historic"
~ Evening Standard

"A landmark film"
~ Rolling Stone

I see, so all Christians like diddling kids, not just the catholics.

Saying Catholicism is the purest form of Christianity is figuratively the same as saying Colombian Spanish is the purest dialect of the language.

That is to say it's a moronic claim that has no basis in reality. But of course reality was never the church's strong point

>moved them from town to town, state to state, country to country, so that they could continue to molest children
>nice lie
Do you live under a rock, or have you never head of the Archdiocese of Boston and Cardinal Bernard Law?

The only liar here is you, you fucking liar.

>“But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the successions of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul—that church which has the tradition and the faith with which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. For with this Church, because of its superior origin, all churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world. And it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition”
Irenaeus, Against Heresies 3:3:1 (A.D. 189)

It's just the papal attempt at smearing actual Christians.

The pedophilia problem in Yurop is so much worse than it ever was in the USA. And it goes back a thousand years.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, why the hell can't you admit that you got faggot kiddy diddlers in your Church?
Lying is a sin.

by your logic all humans like diddling kids though, considering the 1.7% is in fact less than the average for adult male pedophiles which is meant to be under 5%
thought it'd be higher before I checked t bh, what with priests being in positions of power and having groups of choir boys to choose from, but you're bound to have pedophiles pretty much everywhere apparently

You reek of zealotry

Your cognitive dissonance is showing

>“[T]here are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church’s] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15–17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called ‘Catholic,’ when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house”
Against the Letter of Mani Called “The Foundation” 4:5 (A.D. 397)

Nice lie.

I don't see what could possibly be your point in this statement.

Oh come on you can troll harder than that

>muh McChurch is the true Church!
Burger christianity is a joke.

Did he die?

youtube.com/watch?v=3QWB1mtZhQo

That's not even a fucking Church.

It's a protestant McChurch.

>actual Christians

>this bullshit
What the fuck is this?

Protestantism.

youtube.com/watch?v=5qVMaOrSpK0

This is a fucking Church? How can anyone claim this is a Church? I don't get it.

What? Give me a citation, dude.

It's prosperity gospel teacher Chad Olsteen fleecing his flock.

The papists are jelly.

How am I "jelly" of a preacher shitposting in a stadium?

That's because you haven't the slightest clue what the church is.

Nor do catholics, nor do orthodox, nor do Jews, nor do Mormons, etc.

Faggot a """""""""""preacher"""""""""" shitposting on a podium while grabbing and doing mystical witchcraft tier bullshit isn't a preacher.

SANIC

With protestantism, Jimmy can transform his garage into a "church"!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations#Protestantism

Goddammit Jimmy, first he insults Mary (The Mother of God) and now he makes a mockery of Christ?

Joel Olsteen is not universally accepted as a Christian preacher, no. He's more a prosperity gospel teacher. And his congregation tends to be the sorts of people who buy lottery tickets.

I can't stand the man myself.

The Lutheran Church around here used to be a Radioshack 4 years ago. I wonder what a Blockbuster church would look like.

The Mother of God = God

>b-but we don't worship Mary

They're called mega-churches.

>b-but muh WHOOOOOOORE OF BABYLOOOOONNNNN

No. It's the translation of Theotokos to Latin (Mater Dei) to English.

Whore of Babylon = Roman Catholic Church
Mystery Babylon = Roman Catholicism.
Babylon = Rome

It's not difficult.

The Whore of Babylon is a myth, or Russia circa commie time.

He means to say Americans should stop whining about rape happening to their kids, when the church has been ass-pounding the children of Europe for a long time

>The Mother of God = God
No.

>mega-churches
They aren't Mega and they sure as hell ain't a fucking Church.

>Hot Heads

When the Whore falls we read, "‘Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you’. . . . In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth" (18:20, 24). This shows that the Whore persecuted not just Christians, but apostles and prophets. Apostles existed only in the first century, since one of the requirements for being an apostle was seeing the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1). Prophets existed as a group only in the Old Testament and in the first century (Acts 11:27–28, 13:1, 15:32, 21:10).

Since the Whore persecuted apostles and prophets, the Whore must have existed in the first century. This totally demolishes the claim that Christian Rome or Vatican City is the Whore. Rome was not a Christian city at that time, and Vatican City did not even exist, so neither of them could be the Whore. Furthermore, Fundamentalists continually (though wrongly) claim that Catholicism itself did not exist in the first century, meaning that based on their very own argument Catholicism could not be the Whore!

Fundamentalists are fond of conjecturing that in the last days there will be a "revived Roman empire," such as the one that persecuted Christians in the first century. Yet they never draw the inference that this empire would be headed by a revived pagan Rome, with the bishop of Rome leading the Christian underground, just as he did in the first century.

Still, Revelation 18:20 and 18:24 prove that the Whore had to be a creature of the first century, which, in the Fundamentalist view, the Catholic Church was not. Thus, on their own view, their identification of the Catholic Church with the Whore is completely impossible! Only ancient, pagan Rome or apostate Jerusalem could possibly be the Whore.

proddies btfo

The Son of God = God

so

The Mother of God = God

Because like begets like. (Gee, maybe this is why the term "Mother of God" is not in the bible.)

>so
>The Mother of God = God
No.

>The Mother of God = God
Mary isn't God. She is Mater Dei, or Theotokos.

Rome is Babylon.
Rome killed apostles, saints and prophets.
Rome existed in the first century.

Pagan Rome then.

Pagan Rome now.

Nope. Just some Jewish chick.

I know it's an abomination and blasphemy.

That's why I point it out.

Saying Mary is the Mother of God means that Mary is God, for God can only beget God.

Why do you like being a blasphemous manlet?

Who destroyed the Whore of Babylon? Babylon did, which was pagan Rome. Babylon is a code name for Rome, which symbolized sexual and immoral excess. Revelation 17:16 says that the ten horns (symbolizing the rulers of pagan Rome) will destroy the whore by fire, which is exactly what the Romans did to Jerusalem in 70 AD. And then Revelation 17:14 says that the Lamb will conquer them both. This happened in the 4th Century, when Constantine became the first Christian emperor of Rome, who stopped all of the religious persecutions of Christians with the Edict of Milan in 313 AD. Constantine built the Vatican directly on top of the tomb of St. Peter, on Vatican Hill, outside the city of Rome.

>strawmanning this hard

>wanting to go to Hell

>Just some Jewish chick
- She is the Immaculate Conception who was filled with grace from her first moments, she is the Ark of the New Covenant and the New Eve

- Mary is the "Theotokos," or the "God-bearer," i.e., the Mother of God

- Mary remained both sinless and a virgin her entire life

- Mary was assumed into Heaven by the power of God, where she was crowned Queen of Heaven

fisheaters.com/mary.html

The most complete ancient prayer to the Blessed Mother historically preserved is the Sub Tuum Praesidium (250 A.D.):

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God,
despise not our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us from all dangers.
O ever glorious and blessed Virgin.

By the third century, our early Christian brothers and sisters already accepted Mary under the title of "Mother of God," even though this title would not be solemnly defined for another two hundred years. Further, the early Church realized that direct prayer to Mary did not consist of forms of idolatry or adoration, as is sometimes mistakenly interpreted in our day, but rather as a spiritual communication of love and petition to the Mother of Jesus, who continues to care for the Mystical Body of her Son by her intercession.

Moreover, the Sub Tuum prayer tells us that the early Christian community went to their motherly Advocate especially in times of trial and danger. The acknowledgement of Our Lady's special intercession, especially for the Church in times of danger, continues to our present day.

By the time of the Council of Ephesus in 431 A.D., where Mary is formally declared the "Mother of God," we have cathedrals dedicated to her in the central ecclesial locations of Rome, Jerusalem and Constantinople. After the Council of Ephesus, the Church experiences an extraordinary flourishing of devotion to the Blessed Virgin both in the East and the West, the quantity and quality of which would exceed the most comprehensive study. Historians have compared the expansive spreading of Marian devotion in both Eastern and Western "lungs" of the Church to the post Anno Domini development of Western civilization itself. Marian prayers, Marian liturgical feast days, Marian icons, Marian paintings and Marian artwork became ubiquitous throughout the Christian world after the Council of Ephesus.

It's insane how much Satan hates the Blessed Virgin Mary.

youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
youtube.com/watch?v=a1_PV7qHnl0
youtube.com/watch?v=u1pEHscO7aY
youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc

>I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Genesis 3:15

>Muslims desecrating Mary
Are they stupid? Do they even read there own Quran?

Their demonic book is full of deceptions so it doesn't matter. They also can keep pretending to like Jesus all they want but they still reject His teachings, deny His divinity, His crucifixion and His resurrection.

>deleting your own post and adding more to it
>being an irrational idiot that doesn't double check his posts

Stay triggered.

How am I triggered? I'm just saying you should always double check your posts, never delete it you fucking idiot.

>sperging out over the deletion of a post
Calm down proddy.

literally all christians
>deny evolutiion
>are gross bigots
>think the earth is 2000 years old
>were raped as a child by their priest
>pretend to not masturbate, remain chaste, etc. but do the exact opposite

lol

I ain't a proddy you fag.

And the Lord saw the wickedness of man was great, and He repented He had made man on the Earth. Rain. 40 days and 40 nights of the stuff and He left not a thing that walked alive. You see, my friends. Even God is entitled to a do-over. And what is America, but another ark for another time?

One man goes into the waters of baptism. A different man comes out, born again. But who is that man who lies submerged? Perhaps that swimmer is both sinner and saint until he is revealed onto the eyes of man.

exactly man

these protestant fags just don't understand

>confusing burger "christianity" with Christianity (Catholic)
lol

What are you then? An atheist nu-male?

>think the earth is 2000 years old
No and the Flood happened around 2304 BC.

>What are you then?
A Catholic. The only fucking Catholic who's been fucking with the goddamn shitposter who thinks Mary is muh horse of etc etc. You rub me the wrong way, just like that other shitposter tripfag.

Enjoy hell

>shitposter tripfag
I'm Aelian, made these posts and I'll remind you again about James 3:9-12.

PS: you're a shitposter in denial

Oh. I don't like you. I think you're an unruley fucking mess that is probably a fucking janitor trying to stir shit up to ruin the fucking Catholic discussion, hell because of YOUR actions, we gotta deal with faggot cuckold "atheists" on threads where it's about religion because of your fucking shitposting. Put the fucking trip back on so I can filter you, you goddamn janitor. Fuck I bet that Whore of "Babylon" poster is a close fucking friend, twin of ruining the discussion on Veeky Forums.

heretic

I'm the heretic because I don't like this goddamn tripfag?
Hell Constantine is better than him, fucking Constantine. Fuck I wish WOLFSHIEM was here.

I'm actually one of the few posters on this board who constantly defends Catholicism, the Holy Bible and theism in general. As for you, you're the obnoxious child who always replies to everyone with insults and now sperged out and started to attack me for making this post You claim to be Catholic yet you always vehemently defend Islam. Every post you make is worthless.

>Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.
Romans 14:13

How the fuck did I defend Islam?
Oh, just because I say something on par of "Wow these guys are faggots, don't they say they shouldn't do this and yet they do this" makes me defend Islam? Put the trip back on.
Also, hold the fuck up nigger, I'm not the one that endorses protestantism known as SSPX.
Fuck off back to

>fucking Church
>bullshit
>What the fuck
>fucking Church
>Faggot
>bullshit
>Goddammit
>fucking Church
>idiot
>fucking idiot
>you fag
>fags
>fucking Catholic
>fucking
>goddamn
>fucking
>fucking
>shit
>fucking Catholic
>faggot
>cuckold
>fucking
>fucking
>goddamn
>Fuck
>fucking
>goddamn
>fucking
>Fuck
This is the underage child who's accusing others of shitposting.

You're not Christian. You're a role-player.

>said the shitposter who fucking spams a thread that has nothing to do with the topic about the Shroud of Turin
>said the same man kicked out of /x/

He's the only user who has been actually arguing with the protestants. The person who is ruining 'Catholic discussion' is you. Go away.