He's not buying Ethereum

>he's not buying Ethereum

I'm literally going to be laughing at every nocoiner when it hits $100. This is the same shit that happened with bitcoins. Ethereum is not an altcoin, it is a superset of bitcoin.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ethereum.org/2016/05/04/c-dev-update-announcing-remix/
double-ethe.rhcloud.com/
yobit.net/en/trade/ETH/BTC/?bonus=dmppl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i believe this too. i have no doubt it will hit atleast 100$ before the middle of 2017. i just wish i had the money to buy more ether now that it's so affordable.

The technology has too much promise to not at least be half as valuable as bitcoin.

How do I buy?

Also give me some details.

Why are you still shilling on Veeky Forums
Half the board are NEETS, the other half a mix of college cucks or wage slaves.

Ethereum is a smart bitcoin. It's like going from a cellphone to a smartphone. You buy btc and exchange it for ETH on exchanges such as Kraken or Poloniex.

How did you bypass my filter?

Allah wills it

except captain autism in your pic sold 25% of his coins. obviously he doesnt even believe it will grow. its a huge pump and dump

>The technology has too much promise
i'm not seeing it. and the project website is just a bunch of slogans for laymen not good technical information about how this all works and why it would be good. looks like a scam to be honest.

Nocoiners have tunnel vision, look at the Ethereum general trend

But I have. Mfw I wasn't even sweating when it fell to 7.x. This is basically 2009 all over again, people who will miss the boat two times will be broken, salty f....ks.

All documentation is available through the ethereum.org site. You dont know what you're talking about.

And any questions are answered on slack

How do you even miss this boat after seeing what bitcoin did?

Life really is easy if you have your eyes open and don't get in your own way.

nope that "documentation" is worthless it's more like a fuzzy tale for little children about what it could do.

I'm balls deep in Ether but I am sick of these threads and half the responses from the clueless fucks on this board. Ethereum is not a Bitcoin competitor, I'm not sure how many times this needs to be repeated. Its also not a fucking coin, its a platform with its own token currency.

>obviously he doesnt even believe it will grow

And here's a great example of a babby who doesn't know shit about anything. Do you even read the news on Ethereum? Every few days or week there is some new major development. The DAO went live a few days ago and raised about $10m in less than a week, BTC relay is up and running which is a groundbreaking achievement, the two separate blockchains can now interact basically seamlessly. Plutus is major news, its a system where you can deposit Bitcoin into a wallet on an NFC enabled device and pay at any NFC POS by instantly seeing the amount requested at the POS, sending the equivalent value of Bitcoin over to their own trading platform, sending the fiat to your wallet then sending the fiat to the POS and completing the sale all in under a fucking second, it runs on Ethereum and utilizes smart contracts. It has finally made it possible to basically use Bitcoins everywhere in your daily life because NFC terminals are the norm now.

Oh and some large accounting company called Deliotte is building a bank on Ethereum with the help of about 5 other Ethereum companies or some shit.

Yet nobody here sees anything beyond a fucking coin and a candlestick chart. Ethereum will run your god damn sorry life in under 5 years and you're absolutely clueless.

All of this is good for Bitcoin too. It can finally be the currency it's capable of being.

>invented a world-changing cryptocurrency/smart contract platform
>selling a small portion of his stake is "selling off"

Sure. He sold off a portion of his investment while gains were easy to come by, but he's now set for life. 25% of his stake is probably his "number", you know? He probably wanted his $2.5 mil so he'd never have to worry about money again, and now he can focus on his passion without ever having to worry about money.

If he'd left 100% of his stake in Eth, perhaps he'd be hungrier figuratively, but he'd most definitely be hungrier literally, because Eth is not a common currency, and there's no guarantee of its future value, so he's clearly assuring he's taken care of in the case that it does tank (which it could, for reasons outside our control).

Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, though, and it certainly doesn't mean he's no longer invested in it. 75% of his fortune is tied up in Eth, that's still a pretty big portion of his net worth. He's simply attempting to diversify his holdings to ensure a comfortable future, just like any smart business owner would.

>just a bunch of slogans for laymen not good technical information about how this all works and why it would be good. looks like a scam to be honest.

Want to know how I know you don't know anything? First, you actually called it a scam, a scam of all things you could call it. Secondly, if you were even a quarter as technical as you claimed to be you'd already know where to find the 'technical' details. By talking to people on GitHub, and sadly, by talking to basically all the devs and people working on Ethereum projects on plebbit, they're all there.

Ethereum is an order of magnitude more complex than Bitcoin and even that is hard to understand at the beginning.

This guy is right. Sorry to tell the ETH fanatics.

Until actual substance is there, intelligent investors (not speculators who are taking a punt) will either steer clear, or ride the trends.

>either steer clear, or ride the trends.

youre on a ride no matter what.

>he didnt read the whitepaper
>he didnt read Gavins yellowpaper
ok then...

>when it hits $100
Kek. Hold up there, Skippy. It hasn't even recovered to $10. Ethercuck premature ejaculation. Come talk to us again if it ever even reaches its ATH again.

Medium.com/@ethereumvn

>try to get this shit started
>wallet takes over two hours to sync nodes or whatever bullshit
Guess not then

Make sure the clock on your computer is set correctly.

Hmmm it appears you're a fucking moron.

There is pages and pages of documentation on solidity.

blog.ethereum.org/2016/05/04/c-dev-update-announcing-remix/

Ethereum shills: truly the bottom of the barrel. They will say anything to manipulate you into buying. They will try and make you feel like shit, they will try and scare you that you're going to miss out, they will vomit up line after line of dubious to outright misleading positive statements about etheruem.

They will lie. Oh how they will fucking lie. Because they're fucking lying liars. Whether or not ether goes up or down, whether or not there is any legit value in it, ethereum shills are sub human scammers. Do not believe a word they say.

Counterparty community director Chris DeRose explains that Ethereum can’t work because of simple reasons. First, the concept of smart contracts has been hyped for a fairly long period of time by the mainstream media. Startups are attempting to use the Ethereum network and other blockchain networks to implement smart contracts in banking systems, car sharing networks and other application. However, smart contracts, which in theory refers to data stored in transaction data on the blockchain are more expensive than conventional data storing methods. More importantly, banks’ model of a permission blockchain-based smart contract enabled application is very similar to a centralized server of data.

“Ethereum cant work,” explains DeRose. Be wary about endorsing this project, its 100% hype, with no substance. “No one needs smart contracts. And the overhead needed to support this chain will require a *lot* of need. I’ve spent a lot of time studying them. Do you want to give me a case when people need smart contracts? They are not cheap. They are enormously expensive. And there’s no counterparty risk in these applications thus far.”

Over the past few years, the Counterparty team has used the Bitcoin blockchain, which is more secure and robust than the Ethereum network, to build a financial protocol in which anyone can trade assets and purchase stocks on the secure blockchain network.

Although it is difficult to speculate whether Ethereum will decline or thrive over the next few months, it is almost certain that Ethereum will run into similar scaling problems as bitcoin in the next few years, if it obtains a user base of the size of the Bitcoin network.

Greg joined in February and already achieved substantial speedups for the C++ implementation of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, using his experience from implementing the Java Virtual Machine for his former employer Oracle.

The fuck man. This guy is one of the top players. How did they get him?

I think what is wrong with bitcoin is that there's no simple way to buy it or understand what it is. If ethereum would set up a direct credit card transaction to ether system they'd be golden.

> 2016: 500 euro note in the EU will be banned
>2020: no papet money
>2021: enjoy your ether paychecks

Seems like the story about the invention of the telephone. Bell didn't know it couldn't work, so he made it work.

>the ethereum shills are back

Fine with me. I'd love for this shit to get pumped above $12 so I can sell this bag of ETH I've been holding.

How strange, its almost unanimous among the crypto enthusiast and tech online community that Ethereum is a major development. This guy can't possibly be feeling extremely bitter and intimidated because he didn't think of it first and that its now in some sort of competition with him.

>the concept of smart contracts has been hyped for a fairly long period of time by the mainstream media.

What "mainstream media" you lying shitbag? Normies still barely know what a Bitcoin even is, everything about Ethereum is off the radar to 99% of people.

I'll save myself from having to type but this guy basically got his ass handed to him on the internet for the dumb fuck things he spouted. Like a decentralized system implemented for low operating requirements as one reason, is expensive to run.

This man has more salt than the Dead Sea.

>No one needs smart contracts
>the Counterparty team has used the Bitcoin blockchain to build a financial protocol in which anyone can trade assets and purchase stocks on the secure blockchain network.
kek this guy

can't wait to see your face when i buy your bag for 12.30$ and sell it a year later for 10x that amount.

You better act fast. Ethercucks come and go here. They have been missing for the last month while ethcuck got BTFO. Now theres a little pump and theyre back. They will only be here for like a week or so until ethcuck gets dumped again though. If I were you I would sell if it even reaches $10 again.

I want to believe, but there's an inherent flaw with all current blockchain-based technologies, and I know it's only a matter of time before others notice and exploit it for unlimited double/triple/etc spends and infinite transaction malleability.

How do I securely buy Ethereum? I'm not gonna go crazy but fuck it, why not buy $50 worth and see what happens?

And I can't wait to see your face when I buy your bag for 123.00$ and sell it for 10x that amount later!

Can´t wait to see your face when I buy your bag vor 1230 dollars and sell it for 100000000 dollars an hour later.

Thats a good idea, it is a fun thing to do. You could use Poloniex but you will have to buy some Bitcoin first

ETH bagholders are as bad as nocoiners

Safest exchange to convert my 1.6 btc into eth?

lmao

Poloniex.

Then move the ETH to a Mist wallet.

Brb buying ethereum

God this chart sucks. Hardly addresses anything. Nocoiner cuck

>ethereum can't work!!!

ethereum has been running just great for next to a year now. total network failures: 0

this is just like when people say bitcoin can't work when it has been running fine for 7 years. low quality fud shilling

there's nothing to escape to from the vm. there is no environment that you can root to and mess in. nice try using computer science concepts, but those are completely irrelevant here

>"Pages and pages of documentation"

Is this supposed to be impressive? The EU churns out paperwork, and yet, 90% is fucking useless.

You realize the more complex a concept is, and the greater the volume of paperwork, the easier it is to hide that something is a fraud? You understand that, right?

Again, I'll reiterate: ETH (currently) is all talk and no substance. Speculate at your peril. You've been warned.

Can't wait to see your face when I buy your bag for $123.00 and sell it for $1.23 an hour later.

I'm reading about a new crypto called Decred. Seems interesting, it has a voting system built in. Also PoS like Ethereum and has ex-Bitcoin developers programming for it. Not sure if I will invest or not, asking you people for advice.

>it has a voting system built in.
> Also PoS like Ethereum and has ex-Bitcoin developers programming for it.

When will the meme end?!

Bitcuck cope.

>listening to DeRose
>EVER

LOL. I can't believe you picked this absolute joke of a moron to make your case against ethereum

It's too late to get in on Ethereum. If you're going to play shitcoins, the right way to get them when they first come out and are worth 1/10,000th of a cent.

I know right? Theres like a million other more common sense reasons not to buy this shit.

The dao makes decred obsolete

Have you read the python documentation?

I have 15k in the bank and no debt... I'm seriously considering spending a grand on this shit tomorrow.

What could it hurt?

Nothing, since you're just lying. You're not going to a damn thing but shill.

Reported

Will not the "fuel" ether have to be a reasonable cot as to facilitate using the apps?

...no. It's divisible up to the 10^-16 or something, so it's easy enough to just hand out that much for whatever the thing you're buying is.

So even if 1 ether is worth $100,000, you'd still easily be able to divvy it up into $.01 portions ($.01=1x10^-7 ether)

Is this real?
double-ethe.rhcloud.com/
Does it work?

literally a ponzi scheme, please go advertise it somewhere else

Thanks - a reasonable answer

cope

Bitcuck anal rape

is there a usable cold storage wallet with deterministic pass phrases for this piece of shit yet

Anal r-ope

people who are currently holding eth when they could be holding either btc or TRUMP are fucking retarded sorry

we need btc, noone needs eth and noone wants eth. People invested in it to make money of stupid people getting in late and now the ship has sailed. You'll always have bagholder shills here that are willing to go down with the ship

can you not shill this hard every day?

>deterministic pass phrases
u wat m8?

bagholders can't help it they are desperate

>he bagholds ETH

Bitcuck cope

Wait, explain more in detail. Which Form of currency am I supposed to be putting my money into?

Ethereum

Ethereum is pretty cheap now good time to buy.

yobit.net/en/trade/ETH/BTC/?bonus=dmppl

that kid looks like a potato with ears

i wouldnt buy anything from a high functioning spud