Wrong History in Media

Watching breaking bad and saw the scene where Walt mentions the Schwerer Gustav was actually useful, could survive days of aerial bombing, and was only destroyed by a commando who parachuted in and used thermite to melt the barrel.
Any other examples of blatantly wrong or funny history in popular media?

Literally everything in 300.

I got triggered so hard while watching it

>getting triggered by a movie

If y'all niggas are getting triggered, by anything, let alone movies based of comic books with hopes that it would be historically accurate, y'all niggas got some social problems.

>holy
>persian
>empire

Your map triggers me.

>that entire show

You know who also have social problems?

>you right now

New season of House of cards, spacey turns to the camera and talks about how sulla an older man defeated his younger rival marius and said some shitty quote.

Threw up in my mouth a bit when I heard it

Except the movie was about a greek story teller telling a rousing story about his fallen leader to get a bunch of his fellow warriors riled up to go and fight, from the perspective of a random Spartan soldier telling a story trying to impress other people the movie actually makes a lot of sense.

>From the perspective of a random Spartan soldier telling a story trying to impress other people the movie actually makes a lot of sense.

It still doesn't, especially the depictions of the battle scenes. Remember, to the Greeks what set their martial virtues apart from those filthy barbarians is how they would fight as a unit, with disciplined ranks, and wouldn't give ground or give into bloodlust. It was all about formation fighting and keeping together.

300 depicts half-naked (but awfully chiseled) men charging out to do over the top ridiculous swordfighting moves.

Also, you'd think that a Spartan soldier trying to rally people to the colors would mention the other 7,000 or so Greek troops, a kind of "We're all in this together" sort of thing.

Though there is a lot of solo fighting, and I agree that's a lot of movie bullshit, the fighting starts in a phalanx, yeah they were shirtless and that was dumb, but honestly most of it sounded not far off from a lot of greek stories they told each other. Looking at how they made the foreigners into monsters who twisted nature and the divine, talking major shit about xerxes, talking about inhuman feats of their comrades and the cowardess of their enemies only to be undone by womanly trickery rather than masculine brute force. Hell xerxes portrayal alone wouldn't have been out of place in a greek text he was androgynous borderline feminine.

and no I do not think a Spartan would talk about any troops other than Spartans, that was kind of the whole point of being a spartan

>half naked
>implying that they shouldn't be fully naked

also
>spartans not dolled up so that they can meet death looking fab

its a movie based of a comic book you fucking virign.

>Hoplites
>Not wearing armor

So.... a piece of popular media that gets historical facts wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I loved this show, but in one of the third season episodes, the main protagonist gives a small "history lesson" to one of the more minor characters repeating the meme that Churchill knew about the Coventry raid and did nothing to preserve the ULTRA program.

Also, he talks about how Coventry was blown off the map and the dead were piled up like cordwood. The raid on November 14th killed about 570 people.

>
>
>

In Lord of War, when the Mai. Character said he never sold guns to bin Laden because he would always 'bounce his checks' that dude had Saudi oil money and CIA backing. Such a weak attempt to downplay our part in Afghanistan.

>bin Laden
>CIA backing
the saudi bit is probably true though

Dude pick up a history book, it's pretty common knowledge that we funded ,armed, and trained the mujahideen as a whole and bin Laden in particular

>that gets historical facts wrong?
That would imply it set out to be remotely accurate in the first place.

I don't see how the two are related. OP asked for things that are

>Any other examples of blatantly wrong or funny history in popular media?

If they didn't put an emphasis on trying to be accurate, it shouldn't be surprising that there are inaccuracies, but they're still present.

Any Dynasty Warriors game

Sulla handled more than one marius

>DW
>inaccurate
>Wei is clearly the best

of course we funded the mujj.
Not Osama's mujj though.
We funded that other nigga, from the Northern Alliance.

>the Mujihadeen are the same thing as Arab volunteers

But that's wrong.

Dem Romans only had a Handfull of names, different marius

>watching thunderf00t

Is that the YouTube channel? It was just the first image result from "breaking bad thermite"

Yes.