Femanon here. I have a job interview tomorrow at a video game company in nyc...

Femanon here. I have a job interview tomorrow at a video game company in nyc. The recruiter said business casual is fine to wear but Im still unsure how to present myself. I should mention it's also going to be cold as fuck tomorrow so I'm unsure if I should do dress pants or pencil skirt.

Interview outfit ideas??

just be yourself dude

what outfits do you have in mind?

what's your current wardrobe consist of?

Full soloist or fuck off

Google images- "Victoria Beckham business," so much inspo. My partner idolises her.

Really depends on how you look and what you have though. Try for elegant and minimal, looks most professional.

london

>those shoes
yikes

:(

OP again. I should also mention it may or may not snow tomorrow

Are boots ever acceptable for a job interview? Or at least shooties?

>female
>video game company
please don't

If it's snowing no one will dismiss you for wearing boots lol. Is the person interviewing you male? They probably won't give much of a fuck, just chill.

Lots of skinny jeans and skinny pants. I do have dress pants but they're wide leg.

I was going to wear a nice top with nice dress pants and a blazer, but I'm wondering if it's silly to wear a blazer under a winter coat.

Its for an art/illustration position, no involvement with gameplay or programming or story.

>:(

Yeah its a dude. I just want to make a good first impression.

Here we go...

You do know the first video games had female creators right? Plus when arcade games first came out, they were marketed to everyone. Hence why Ms. Pac-Man was created because Pac-Man was super popular among women.

Is it a big place (would they have a coat check/reception?) Just wear dress pants and blazer, take your coat off when you get there.

you don't need to explain yourself to some angry teenager

girls are gay

I have no idea as I haven't seen it yet and can't find pictures of what the office looks like online.

It is a famous game company that has locations all over the world, so I'm going to assume they have one.

They're happy?

you'll be fine.

If you're nervous, just think about how good you're going to feel once you've done it. They won't care too much about what you're wearing as long as you don't come in wearing yoga pants and a puffer jacket.

I hope so. I have pretty terrible social anxiety when I'm in situations where I know I'm going to be judged. I really want this job though and I'm hoping I don't screw it up.

Especially since the person interviewing me is pretty famous in the game industry.

You're going for an art role, they won't be expecting you to be especially outgoing.

Just smile and be polite, ask questions, give a good handshake. Your work should speak for itself.

My biggest fear is the dreaded "why do you want to work for us?" or "why should we hire you?" It's like I know what to say and rehearse it, but I always seem to drop my spaghetti when put on the spot.

Sorry, don't want to derail the thread from outfits.

Would a sweater dress with tights similar to this be ok? Only because it's cold and would be more comfortable.

>social anxiety
>gaming
>newyork
>woman

i fucking hate you people, i feel like im living in an mde sketch, you cant be fucking real

troll thread

troll troll troll

But it's true. My last job was working for a slot machine company. I got that job because I got in contact with an alumni from my school who was an art director there. I worked for 3 and a half years until I was laid off. I've been putting in applications everywhere from animation studios to video game companies to advertising.

If it makes you feel any better, Im actually from Staten Island. It's part of NYC but not really NYC as its more suburban.

Looks fine to me.

>staten island
i'm sorry

good luck though. it's starting to snow right now. there are good suggestions in this thread, let your work speak for itself

fUCK OFF PATHETIC AMERICUNT

Yeah I noticed the weather is pretty bad. My interview is at 6pm so the recruiter said he would call me later if I should still come in or not.

Could I also get away with wearing a nice top with skinny black pants tucked into mid-calf boots?

I personally despise mid-calf boots. Unless you're talking like... Winter boots. Those tall slouchy fashion boots can fuck off though. That sweater dress/tights/heels outfit looked good. I'd say black skinnies and a nice blouse with a blazer would be plenty formal, though.

Anecdotal, but I had a friend who worked at a fairly large gaming studio and everyone in his office was definitely on the casual side of business casual. You'll be absolutely fine.

I've seen a few women who work in gaming and they all had big tits and I suspect had full warpaint for their interviews.

Oh I meant boots more similar to this. Although they probably don't provide much traction on icy snowy streets.

Oh ok. I say go for it with skinnies then. I know you're just nervous because you want this job, but I promise you're over thinking this. You'll do great. Get out there and get that dream job.

Rockstar? But honestly, just wear clean looking clothes. They're going to be more interested in your view of games than how you look at most game companies. As long as you're presentable, and look and smell clean you'll be fine. Most game developers go to work in shitty jeans and a shirt. I'd be more worried about my portfolio than clothes if I were you.