Selvedge jeans

What's up Veeky Forums, was wondering how many of you wear raw denim/ selvedge denim?

I always go for it because it's marginally more expensive but lasts longer and fits better

>ITT: post selvedge brands of choice and fits
Pic related, 511 Levi's

the thing is I like washing my jeans tho........to get the dirt and sweat and general grime out.

>washing your jeans

If they smell freeze them in a plastic bag and if you have to wash them hand wash them in cold water

I acutally prefer non-raw denim because they don't hade (I like plain colors) and are just easier to use, you can get them really dirty and not worry so much about washing.

I just got Tabasco sauce on my black denim. How do I get it off without washing them? I'm afraid that spot washing that area is going to make the dye fade in that spot. Help.

>If they smell freeze them in a plastic bag

I have a f'in life lad. for christs sake

I'd say dab with cold water

Hot water leeches color

Raw denim is good for everyday use but especially important when you go out on dates or to clubs

Anything other than dark selvedge is scrub-tier faggotry

Its literally like 2 hours in the freezer to kill the bacteria! It's free too unlike laundry

good bait senpai, but raw denim sucks because once it starts actually looking cool it starts falling apart.

I actually wash my raw selvedge jeans regularly, aka heresy

One wash is not going to turn your black denim gray, relax

Wash in mild detergent at 30 degrees C if really needed

Yeeeeaaahhh not putting any clothing item i have anywhere near where I keep raw meat and poultry.

I have my own machine at home so no issues there. Also freezing doesn't exactly kill bacteria, i remember Heddels or a similar site did an article on this.

Same here, but mainly because I'm not a fan of super contrast fades compared to natural/"vintage" fades.

Also moved away from raw denims in general since i cant commit to wearing the same shit every day. Only "denimbro" raws I have are my oni secret olives which are fading nicely

Freezing doesn't kill bacteria lmao it just slows it down, it will still be alive once you take it out of the freezer

Selvege jeans don't necessarily last longer nor do they fit better, thats just a meme. They're only more expensive because they require more fabric and a traditional loom to make, thus making them cost more to produce.

That not true.

Nice ass bitch boy.

THICC

well, it looks better, too. that's enough to make it worth it to me.

>boy
Not using
>boi

Nah, not being disgusting got pretty popular with the raw denim community. It will still fade nicely, just not high contrast.

do you know what you're saying? lol
you can only tell if a pair of jeans are selvage if the damn hem is cuffed

yes. and it looks better in that case. I thought that went without saying.