First time investor just put all my cash $15k, my life savings so far, in vanguard total stock market admiral

First time investor just put all my cash $15k, my life savings so far, in vanguard total stock market admiral.

How big did I just fuck up?

Other urls found in this thread:

berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2013ltr.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

better get that noose ready

Really big. Sell that position tomorrow morning. The market is about to crash big time. Spread 10k out between 2 or 3 1x inverse index etfs and put the other 5 in gold

this. wait for the crash faggot it's coming

Is this a joke? Can't tell sometimes on this board.
Oil prices cannot stay depressed forever. When crude rises so will the market.
Also if it's your life savings then you are long, so a Vanguard ETF is an appropriate vehicle.

>invest in etf account
Niggas should not mess with those unless they know what they're getting into. I didn't and lost like $200 in one day, which is low compared to the losses of other uniformed people that decided to invest in them.

Oil goes up.

Market goes down.

Oil goes down.

Market goes down.

Market has to re-adjust to oil and does that by dipping first.

Overall, you're correct. But only in regards to the longterm.

i can say to you a 90% of good probability the movement of any stock but im a Matematic engenier, just show me if you deserve my advice

That's whats been making me wait. People have been saying its going to crash for months. I missed the opportunity to buy in when the S&P was at like 1800.

Not to hijack OPs doomed finances thread, but I recently had a trust pay out of $20,000. I have zero debt, and am not worried about my bills as i keep them incredibly small. Its sitting in a savings account doing nothing. What should i do with it?

If the investment is for the long-term, you did great. Ignore the little month-to-month fluctuations, you're in it for the long haul.

If you were expecting to make some sort of killing in the short term, time for you to start reading up on what the hell you're doing.

Well, usually there's a crash coming into a presidential cycle, and we're due for one, even though we've had corrections the world is in much worse shape.

I wouldn't all in the market right now. Maybe bonds and some etfs would hold up better.

That being said, it's a traders market right now. Investors are overreacting and there's tons of profit opportunities out there.

Daily reminder that market timing doesn't fucking work, you morons.

why not betterment if you're gonna do something like that

>ITT poorfags with nothing to invest announce that its not a good time to invest

"My money, I should add, is where my mouth is: What I advise here is essentially identical to certain instructions I’ve laid out in my will. One bequest provides that cash will be delivered to a trustee for my wife’s benefit. (I have to use cash for individual bequests, because all of my Berkshire shares will be fully distributed to certain philanthropic organizations over the ten years following the closing of my estate.) My advice to the trustee could not be more simple: Put 10% of the cash in short-term government bonds and 90% in a very low-cost S&P 500 index fund. (I suggest Vanguard’s.) I believe the trust’s long-term results from this policy will be superior to those attained by most investors – whether pension funds, institutions or individuals – who employ high-fee managers."
-Warren Buffett

berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2013ltr.pdf

Yeah it does. People trade SPY for a living.

That was actually a good choice, OP. Better than blowing your money on BS.

Put all of it in VRX, it can't fail with our boy Bill Ackman, buy now and you get 50% by summer, wait 1 year for 200% returns or until 2020 for some beast 400% or more. Screenshot this.

>Trusting Buffet

just whatever the fuck you do don't sell if the market gets low and it gets scary. you need to think year to year when you're holding a fund like that, not panic because the market took a shit for a while. bufffet has had people that lost a fortune during big downturns like 08 when they sold, but if they had just left it alone and forgot about it for a year or two they would have gone back to not only recouping losses but making money.

Tbqh market crashes are when you should double down and buy more major indicies

Probably big time. But only the will tell. I'd give mho but I'm not an advisor. I just watch these things.

*only TIME will tell

>smashing phone after posting

Dunno man. I expect a savage reversion to the mean. You can't do much except aiming at the long run. In fact, I think you should have invested most in short term low yield bonds and a third in some investment grade corporate bond. It's just too risky and you're not experienced

Hold onto your horses, it could be a rough ride for a while.
If you keep it in while it gets bad and pull out, then you never recover.

LMFAO 200-400% Return... How did you manage to get this? The most that shit will ever bounce back to is MAYBE $40 by the end of this year max. I would ever see it go is $50 if your very lucky.
>glhf
>printscrn this now so I can call you a retard today... And in 2 years or whenever you look back at this

Hey man, anything is possible if you put your mind to it!

You fucked up if that was all your cash because if there is a drawdown of over 30% or more, you will probably shit the bed and move your money to something else.

Tl;dr: you have (most likely) exceeded your risk tolerance.

Inverse ETF's are not meant to be held long-term (more than intraday really).

If you bet the market is going to crash and you have an idea by how much, buy puts.

An ETF is not an account. You buy ETF's in an account (retirement or taxable, for example). There is nothing wrong with ETF's. They can be amazingly low cost ways to invest.

buy low sell high fgt. the us stock market is near an all time high after 8 years of continual growth. what were you thinking?