I'm opening a store soon and I have to start thinking of its design

I'm opening a store soon and I have to start thinking of its design.

It will only be small, but I want something unique that stands out whilst looking good. I have no idea about design though. I don't know how colours work, designing the exterior, etc, for attracting customers. I'm on a budget so I was thinking of going for a "clean" minimalist and simple 1 or 2 colour look.

Post some inspo and ideas of what could work. Any advice related to this is appreciated too, of course.

What type of store?

Bump

Not sure if this might be the right board for this subject

Hire someone. Your starting point is a recipe for a catastrophe.

>tfw will never open a fashion store

Where?

i really don't think you shuold be asking Veeky Forums for advice on this matter

>store space is empty, no actual clothes anywhere
>instead there's models walking the floor wearing the brand
>there'll probably be other activities around like beanbag toss or something so it's not so awkward
>basically if you like a model's fit or particular piece of clothing you ask, then they/another employee retrieves it from the back for you
>each model represents a certain persona and way to wear the brand

Wa la

>Hire someone

It's my first business venture in my life and I already mentioned I don't have a big budget.

Probably not, but maybe someone had some neat pics of interesting looking small stores I could reference.

Michael Jondral
Ladage&Oelke

just buy some shitty heavy duty racks and throw them at the side, a cheap potted plant somewhere, a shit load of mirrors and be done with it

what kind of store?
As in what kind of clothes are you going to sell?
What is your target audience?
How do the shops in the surrounding area look?
What do you have to work with?
Whats your budget?

It's actually a hairdressing salon for both genders. It will be just for 1 or 2 customers at a time and will have a reception area because we'll only work with appointments.

Audience will mainly be young adults but also "normal" adults.

We're still not 100% set on any specific stores but we have a few in mind. It's in a "decent" northern European large town and we will probably base our selves within 10 minutes walking distance from the main shopping area which itself looks pretty nice.

Budget is roughly 2000-4000€ for decorating and remodelling, but it will only be a small business so I doubt we'll need more.

As I said, we really want to go for a clean minimalist look that looks "new" and gets people interested, something that looks "designer". Also, a minimalist look will keep costs down, but this isn't the main reason, we just genuinely like that look and having plenty of space. Sorry for all the buzzwords, but it's hard for me to explain.

>there'll probably be other activities around like beanbag toss or something so it's not so awkward

the fuck?

I think something fresh would be nice. White walls, white furniture, some plants, ...

>99designs.com

>can you paint the floor? if so, do it, paint it black, it will mask the mess of cut hair
>If you paint the floor black, paint the roof white and the walls in a dark tone of your preference, I would advise purple (purple conveis luxury).
>black floor white ceiling makes the space look very tall, hang lamps with long cords from the roof to make it look spacious but not like a supermarket (yellow ligths close to the waiting area for extra cosiness)
>If your gonna use color ( like the purple walls) stick to it, not the exact same tone but a monocrome variation.

sorry for the bad english but you got the point, I own a store that sells "interiors", floors, sinks,lamps and so on. I guess my opinion is pretty valid

>how to go bankrupt in under a month: the post

Well what are you selling lad. If you are a shop just for your brand you want things to be strongly tied to your brands aesthetic and colorways, if you are going to just be a vendor for shit?

If you don't have the budget to make your shop really good and you jsut are opening it for your brand i'd say wait

If your going to be a vendor i'd advise cozy low lighting along the walls and cheaper stuff in the darker center of the store on racks, with a counter by the entrance on one side of the door to make sure you interact with customers (you're probably not established enough to be a dickhead/ autismo in the back ignoring your shoppers)

i saw a store somewhere where the stairs are grass

is this a store for 7 year olds?

Appreciate this answer.

I've heard about purple being luxurious but to me it seems tacky, feminine and almost suspicious if that makes any sense.

But the black floor idea is great as well as the ceiling colour and lamps tip for making the place look more spacious, which is something I'm going for.

I'm not selling products, I'm selling a service, but thank you for the advice.