What the fuck is up with the recent direction of this site?

What the fuck is up with the recent direction of this site?

>fees added
>useless drycleanonly articles / feeds clogging up the main page (why should you have to scroll down to get to the feed)
>the grailed 100 being entirely unnecessary
>few features added to make selling easier
>removed the ability to reply to messages with email

The 6% commission is paying for unnecessary curation and content creation. They need to make that shit 1 or 2 percent and fire all these deadweight employees they've hired.

There making a lot more money and know how to take advantage of it now. It's not a small niche market anymore.

you're right

but that's what popularity does

why don't you make a better grailed?

I've sent so many emails asking for help on an item I bought using Grailed and got no response. Fuck those paperweight fucks.

Yeah they fucked up.
DUDE PAY US TO HOST YOUR IMAGES ON OUR SERVER AND AUTOMATE PAYPAL INVOICES FOR YOU

IT'S MUUUUCH SAFER THIS WAY GOY EVEN THOUGH WRITING A PAYPAL INVOICE ON YOUR OWN TAKES 10 SECONDS, COSTS LESS AND IS JUST AS SAFE :^)

W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SELLING CLOTHES ONLINE THIS WAY SINCE BEFORE GRAILED WAS INVENTED? S-SUFU MARKET WAS NEVER A THING GOY, DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

They're a business that provides a service, not a free service that exists purely to facilitate fuccboi clothing sales. Not only do they have overhead but their endgame is to make a profit.

Obviously they started as a small site and had to start out with low fees and a barebones site because that's how starting businesses with not much capital works. You start small and simple.

As the mens fashion industry has burgeoned Grailed has grown not only in userbase and popularity but in staff size, hosting needs, and feature requirements.

I hate the rising fees and ridiculous articles/lists as well but I understand the rationale behind all of it. There's a huge market to be had in young males just getting into fashion. With sites like Four Pins shutting down it makes sense that Grailed would start writing articles. Not only does it provide a solid introduction to trendy designers and movements but that in turn bolsters the sales through Grailed.

Throughout the growth of the site the creators have actually been very good about reaching out to forums and boards like Veeky Forums for advice and criticism and I've seen lots of the suggestions provided here implemented on the site.

You can't please everyone but I still think Grailed is a nice addition to the resale market. If you have complaints you should probably just send them to the staff rather than bitching here. I've had good results emailing the site.

If you don't like it there are still other places to buy and sell.

They're trying to add value to the site with the articles, they wanna be "the company" that sells resale fashion clothing, not just "a company" that does that.

The funny thing is that they're going to actually become "a company" by ramping up their fees and providing shitty hypebeast articles. Grailed pushed out, or more accurately, was a better service than a lot of forums buy and sell sections and the other markets that existed but as they continue to increase fees and not address issues (especially the ones that encourage low-balling and all the other issues) they will drive people to whatever competitor start to pop back up.

I don't think anyone's going to mourn grailed when they were trying to fund their fashion blog with revenue from half decent service.

I'm curious to hear what your main issues with the site are and how you might go about solving them.

>IT'S MUUUUCH SAFER THIS WAY GOY EVEN THOUGH WRITING A PAYPAL INVOICE ON YOUR OWN TAKES 10 SECONDS, COSTS LESS AND IS JUST AS SAFE :^)
Yeah this argument does irk me.
But there's no doubt that Grailed connects you to a much wider customer base than Sufu ever would have, so I would be fine paying a small fee.

>they started small and had to start out with a barebones site
The UI was everything it needed to be for buying and selling.
>Grailed has grown in staff size
Yes, due to over expanding the site beyond what it should be
>it makes sense that Grailed would start writing articles
It really doesn't. A marketplace is a fundamentally different thing than a style blog. I would be fine if the editorial stuff spun out and became its own thing but it really shouldn't be funded by the marketplace.
> I still think Grailed is a nice addition to the resale market.
I totally agree, having done $1000s of transactions that wouldn't have happened on eBay or IG. But when I load grailed.com and the entire screen is taken up by really entry level editorial content+curated lists+grailed 100 stuff, it just seems to be the wrong direction to go in.

Honestly, I'd be happier if Grailed launched a forum. That probably would make more sense within the scope of the site than what they're doing right now.

I appreciate and agree with your suggestions. I also preferred Grailed when it still had the simple UI and no articles. I would also like to see the articles as a separate site or section of the site not displayed on the homepage but I still maintain that the current setup makes sense for them as a business. You gotta get people to read it somehow and the seamless integration between the listings and the articles is a fantastic way to encourage buying.

I think it boils down to two groups of people, knowledgeable users who know about fashion and want a no frills platform and those who want to learn/flex/consume/whatever. It's difficult to find a balance for such a disparate userbase. I find myself using the mobile app more than the site simply because it's less cluttered. There are only a couple of features that the app lacks at this point.

As for the paypal invoice gripe, I completely understand why they do it. Not only is it a much simpler UI for unexperienced users or people who suck at tech but it also mitigates the chance of those people being scammed by someone claiming that they are simply using a different paypal setup. You have one transaction screen and you know what to look for so it's easy to tell at a glance if everything is legit.

Props to the Grailed staff as well for keeping an eye out for fraud. I had someone message me suggesting a different payment option. I told him politely that I didn't feel comfortable operating outside of PayPal and just a day or two later the Grailed team messaged me saying that they noticed he was trying to avoid the approved payment options and they had warned or banned him.

you sound like the most blatant shill known to man right now

Haha I was waiting for someone to say that. Surprised no one said that about my last post.

I don't really know how else to put it. I am just another Grailed user and I share the same problems as everyone else in this thread but I understand why the site has changed and grown the way it did. It's a business and they're treating it like one.

>I understand why the site has changed and grown the way it did. It's a business and they're treating it like one.
One of the biggest problem I see with apps / websites in general is a company deviating too much from what made them popular to begin with. It makes for a confusing user experience and an ambiguous brand

They hire marketing and other "business savvy" fuckos who have to come up with something to justify their jobs. That's how you end up with the superfluous nonsense.

Also the only reason they wont add the one thing the internet fucking needs is a forum as once they do, it'll negate their entire fucking site and devolve into ebin banter and cyber bullying, the likes of which killed SUFU

Again, it makes them money. Every niche community is gonna have oldfags who complain about how it used to be better but that's life. They're not gonna revert back to version 1.0 just because a small subset of users remember it being better. They're tapping into a larger market and it's working for them. The functionality of the buy/sell marketplace itself hasn't really changed. Sure there are more lowballers but that comes with the increased number of users.

Seriously. I don't hate lawrence schlossman but it's pretty clear that he's put a lot of this shit in just to justify his paycheck

>be me
>find some sweet stoney cropped cargos for 210
>ask for the certilogo, since I cant find record of them
>seller responds saying he doesnt have the item, but can get it
>reverse image search
>find it on rakuten for 80 dollars
>ask for certilogo
>15 min later get a pick of it
>checks out
>buy it for 100 dollars shipped
>call out grailed seller
>report him
>he gets banned

Yeah not gonna lie grailed needs to do better moderating, there is someone who has like 10 items on the Acronym section where its just the model photos and all the prices are set at 5,000.

Also their whole Robert (((Geller))) Immigrant virtue signal campaign was cringe.

>>report him
>>he gets banned
is this even against TOS?

Of course. You can't sell an item that you're not legally the owner of at the time, let alone something you don't even have in your possession.