Derby General

Looking to buy a pair of black derbies, no real budgetary constraints. My wardrobe is mostly relaxed tops, and straight to slim fitting bottoms. I like the look and construction of these Ann D derbies, especially the forefoot sole width. I would still like to explore more options that may be available.

Also post derby inspo here

Other urls found in this thread:

trickersoutlet.com/outlet/js7060g.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also considering more conservative options such as pic related

another view of the Ann D's, to show the sole width.

Allen Edmonds has a couple black derbies on sale right now, though the quality on them is apparently nebulous.

I'll take a look, ty

John Lobb
St Crispin
Corthay
John Lobb

I like the shape of church's a lot

Hey OP I like the overall shape of the derbies, but I'm not sold on the athletic laces. Would you keep those, or change those out?

me too, never seen these.

Probably not desu, its one of the details that draws me to them. Something like that would make it easier to work them into a more relaxed fit I think. I could always pick up some standard leather laces later on

swap em out they look like private school shoes

something wrong with that?

yes

I love Guidi derbies

APC shoes are not great for the money, look to more traditional brands for classic styles

these are really nice, dont think I have the wardrobe to compliment these unfortunately

they are basic ass black derbies how the fuck do you not have a wardrobe for those

Guidi has this really distinct style IMO that this picture doesn't show off. I feel like I would need to wear looser drop crotch trousers, with a drapey top in order to fit the guidi aesthetic. I just have never seen them dressed any other way thats why...You are right though they are just black shoes

>cannot distinct leather from leather: the post

I can but they are still just black fucking derbies, not that much in to them. And I mean I fucking love Guidi derbies, it's all in the details, but still, anyone could pull those off they aren't that out there.

are martens 1461 monos the only "good" black derbies under 500€?

Not technically derbies but redwing/our legacy postman oxfords are cool & affordable-ish

Solovair boi

Under €100 maybe, €500 absolutely not, they are fucking trash for fucks sake what the fuck

Loake
Meermin
Carmina
Paraboot

Basically any of the shoe brands in herring shoes.co.uk would be better than that. Herring sells their shoes made in Northampton for a fraction of 500 euros.

I can't stand it when teenage faggots on this board can't do any research. You live in Europe. There's so many brands better than DC fucking martens

Any brands that do big sizes (UK 13) and aren't too clunky like docs supposedly are.

Like the look of postmans but idk if they come big enough

>no budgetary constraints
CCP and Guidi

love the upper but not a fan of that sole

>Guidi
>basic ass derbies
Oedipus? Did you fucking gauge your eyes out?

Solovair and Red Wing Postmans are strong competition but I swear by my monos

you ever wear them? they're far from trash and look fucking great

no doubt. though i like my margielas for the price. i like my red wing postman for a wedge sole, but i probably would have copped Ann D if money wasn't a consideration.

Love the wedge sole on Postmans I just wish they were more comfortable
Never worn Ann D but they look great in shots

Lol fuck no.

You can get these Tricker's Woodstock derbies for £260.
trickersoutlet.com/outlet/js7060g.html

Shame it doesn't have a rubber sole. Otherwise it would be an instant buy for me. Topy isn't the same. I don't get why British manufacturers ever burger with leather soles considering how damp the weather is here.

Well, get them resoled with Dainite. Still much cheaper than any comparable shoes.

Got any recommendations for where i could get out resold?

Any decent cobbler can do it.

bump