Howdy Gaelic Servants

Howdy Gaelic Servants.

Check it out, I'm made of hostages.

T. Niall

It is amazing indeed. Political hostages are a very valuable commodity. You are very powerful, and I have no choice but to submit to my servile instincts and become your vassal. I totally didn't have any plans for Kingship, by the way.

I hate Irishmen who disagree with me but I hate the British even more.

You got that exactly wrong.

I did not

Please excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice that your definition of "easter" differs wildly from my own. I am also of the belief that your hair is corrupt and therefor should not receive our support. I will now engage in petty squabbles so my vision of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant.

T. Bishop Wilfred.

Wolfe Tone is more the
>I hate Irishmen who disagree with me but I hate Brits even more
Character.

>Doesn't know about the Irish Civil War
wew lad.

Yep. Including the 'revolutionizing Irish thought' part.

I hate Frenchmen who disagree with me but I hate the Germans even more.

In which he was an anti-treatist.

Yes, because he hated Irishmen who disagreed with him just as much as he hated Brits.

And thus, for almost a millennium, Irish "Kings" fought amongst themselves. All this, in a desperate bid to prove which of them is more relevant to rule over all of Ireland.

And because they couldn't handle any banter, the serious discussion became a joke. By 1169, Ireland had become the laughing stock of the whole of Europe and beyond.

>someone else on Veeky Forums knows about the Synod of Whitby
What are the chances

Collins was a traitor who attacked his own people on the orders of the British.

Depressingly small.

We get it, bro. You hate Irishmen who disagree with you more than you hate the British. I'm sure your vision of an abstract concept is the most relevant.

Well really he was just memeing when he described people like himself as 'Irish'. Only Gaels are Irish.

t. Sweeney Fitzgerald.

t. Gearóid Ó Cuinneagáin

Never forget the battle of Tara.

Máél Sechnaill mac Domnaill > Hugh O'Neill > Brian Boru > Everyone else

>The death of Sir Henry Wilson caused a furor in London. Powerful conservative voices who had opposed any settlement with the Irish rebels drowned out moderates, with calls for a violent response. Under this pressure, Churchill issued an ultimatum demanding that the Provisional Government end the anti-Treaty occupation of the Four Courts or face a full-scale military invasion.

>Artillery was provided to Mulcahy and the Free State Army by the British in anticipation of a siege. Emmet Dalton, a former British officer of Irish origin who was now a leading Free State commander and close associate of Collins, was placed in charge of it.

>Collins' position in this conflict was extraordinary indeed. "A majority perhaps" of the army he'd led in the War of Independence were now ranged against the Free State, which he represented. In addition the force which by the will of the electorate he was obliged to lead had been re-organised since the Truce. Formed from a nucleus of pro-Treaty IRA men, it had evolved into a more formal, structured, uniformed National Army that was armed and funded by Britain. Many of the new members were World War I veterans and others who had not fought on the nationalist side before. It was now ten times the size of the force which had won independence, yet heavily populated with former British Army personnel.

Collins was a British puppet.

>gearóid ó cuinneagáin is becoming a meme
What a time to live in.