How come I look so fucking stupid and ugly in pictures as a nignog when in the mirror I feel like I'm good looking...

How come I look so fucking stupid and ugly in pictures as a nignog when in the mirror I feel like I'm good looking? How do I go about becoming photogenic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HG-vPzrEONM?t=124
quora.com/Why-do-I-look-good-in-the-mirror-but-bad-in-photos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The other day I was looking on a mirror and thinking to myself I look really good then I took a camera and took a picture of my good looking reflection in the mirror but in the photo I looked horrendous I went from a 9/10 to a 3/10

I LOOK LIKE A FUCKING MONKEY

You dont look like the pictures at all to other people dont worry about that. Its just the lens. I dont know about the mirror though.

in a mirror you can always choose a nice angle to see your face, in a camera it takes practice.
photos are pure bait anyway, dont take them, dont believe the georgeus people on them, only judge face to face

stfu

so glad this entire website has been plagued with these 2010 /b/ tier "jokes"

Same here.

I literally go from like an 8/10, perfectly symmetrical motherfucker

and I took a pic on my back camera...I had an existential crisis.

HEY! I thought being ugly was Veeky Forums? You lying swansica's!

OUR THREE DIMENSIONAL WORLD IS ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCURATELY DEPICT ON A FLAT SURFACE LIKE A SCREEN. SIMILARLY TO HOW NO FLAT MAP SHOWS THE TRUE SIZE AND/OR SHAPE OF THE PLANET'S CONTINENTS, ALL CAMERA IMAGES ARE DISTORTED TO A DEGREE

THIS IS ALSO WHY THE PROBLEM COULD POTENTIALLY BE SOLVED WITH VR HEADSETS, AS THEY USED CURVED SCREENS TO AVOID THIS DISTORTION

THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET TO NEGATING THE AFFECT WITH A REGULAR CAMERA IS USING A TELEPHOTO LENS, OR STANDING FAR AWAY FROM THE CAMERA LENS AND THEN ZOOMING IN. FROM FAR ENOUGH AWAY THIS WILL GET RID OF ANY NOTICEABLE DISTORTIONS

NOW WE CAN STOP HAVING THESE FUCKING THREADS

when you decide to stop yelling user

Don't feel bad, majority of the pictures you see all over social media are typically photoshopped to hell and back.

No one uploads a vanilla picture online, unless its a creepshot or they are trying to make a case for how 'ugly' they are.

Play around with lighting and filters, and for the love of god find someone to take a picture of you. Selfies are shit

for one thing, you're probably using your cellphone's camera. A lot of the really nice photos you see in a WAYWT thread are taken with a fancy digital camera on a timer or something. This allows you to see fabric and texture rather than it all looking like a mush. I look pretty good in photos where my cellphone is close, but further away my clothes' texture isn't visible.

Also, just being a moving being makes you look much better than a static image, usually. FWIW if someone has one really good full frontal photograph on a dating site, they probably look a lot uglier in person. If they have a few mediocre/far away photos, they probably aren't photogenic but look much nicer in person.

Classic cope my dudes. The camera is an accurate portrayal of the way you look. But humans process appearance ALONGSIDE your character, hence an ugly guy can look fucking cool, and a handsome motherfucker can look dull and plain - just look at most musicians, few are top tier male models, but they all have an attractive air of confidence and coolness.

>How do I achieve this when my clothes look funny in photos?

Just remember the feeling you had before you started microanalysing every milimetre of facial structure and every item of clothing's fit, when you were a kid, or a teen, or drunk, or with friends: the last time you felt like you looked good or stylish, and try and capture that feeling again.

It doesn't matter if your clothes don't look like a photoshoot in every photo, and you pull a dorky face while someone takes a photo, because as long as you're not advertising your autism through the way you dress or hold your face, you LOOK FINE. FINE. No one notices the imperfections that you do, they'll only see if your shirt is on backwards or you have loo roll stuck to your shoe, so forget about it.

Wear what YOU think makes you cool, because here's the big secret about Veeky Forums - whatever you're wearing now will DEFINITELY be uncool in a few months anyway, so you might as well just ignore trends and do you, because the feeling that you get when you put on a nice outfit you love far outweighs any 'cool points' you got from it, no one will take a photo of you because of your outfit, and therefore its sole purpose, the only reason it exists is to ENHANCE your mood and confidence, not drag it down as you microanalyse every trend and your silhouette and the way something drapes on your shoulders like a fucking mong.

Get a grip, dress in a way that makes you confident, accept that in most pics you'll look nothing like the look you were going for, but don't let it turn you into a depressing spaz.

camera focal length + distance from face distorts it: youtu.be/HG-vPzrEONM?t=124

shit no idea why i put the timestamp there. the comparisons start at 5:16

you forgot your trip

don't fret, it means nothing. Men value different thi gns than women,

women wear makeup and have smooth skin

men have forward projection cheekbones.

Often people mistakenly apply the beauty traits of the opposite sex to themselves, so unless you're a woman you should not worry about how lighting or camera effects your face. Women do because the lighting is like makeup, makeup makes women look better but not men.

also there's not worrying about how you look, it is a lowly and repulsive thing to value yourself on beauty.

Look at a picture of Julian Casablancas and realize somehow that guy pulls a complete following of bitches despite looking like Nosferatu.

Problem solved.

quora.com/Why-do-I-look-good-in-the-mirror-but-bad-in-photos

There you go, don't sweat it.

this nigga gets it. most people don't give a fuck about your fit. dress for yourself and fucking rock that shit