What does Veeky Forums think about brands like gosha, cav empt and undercover that are technically streetwear

what does Veeky Forums think about brands like gosha, cav empt and undercover that are technically streetwear

Ask styleforum, supertalk, /r/malefashion

Veeky Forums is about memes, not fashion

They produce some nice pieces. You've got to be insufferably dense and close minded to choose to miss out on some possibly good pieces just because of your lame pseudo-intellectual opinion on streetwear (the faggy hype crowd is the problem not the brand).

Gosha, a pederast who targets vulnerable children, is an enemy of the state and of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

The word you're looking for is hypebeast.

Good stuff. Using 'streetwear' as a catch-all euphemism for 'not real fashion' or 'shit fashion' bothers me, though I do think that when applied to clothing like Been Trill, Supreme etc it has some validity.

yeah people hate on supreme, and I don't personally wear anything from them, but I do think some of their t shirts are cool

>nice pieces
>pieces
it's basically upper scale mall fashion. not worn by anyone significant.

Not only is it bothering, it's also misleading considering anything not related to suiting and classic menswear is de facto streetwear.

>Judging fashion based on who wears them instead of actually having an independent opinion on it.

Good job, you're just as fucking stupid as hypebeasts who line up at supreme using their parents money

Just off your self mate, honestly would improve the world

>everything is streetwear

This is what street wear nerds tell themselves to justify spending all their parents money to look like a walking sticker

Back to /r/streetwear

i mean i kind of expected this but this thread got ruined pretty quickly

It's nu-streetwear, these are companies that teenagers on /r/streetwear now circlejerk on that were once completely out of their radar. They go through companies/trend-cycles like no one's business. They're part of the greater trend of kids fetishizing pricier brands just for status and the hell of it.

kid brands

i don't go on Veeky Forums a lot, i'm more into /mu/ and Veeky Forums
but what is inherently wrong with streetwear besides not wanting to be associated with hypebeasts and teenagers?
do you not wear anything from bands that are similar to the ones i listed because you don't like the way they look or because hypebeasts and redditors wear them?

I think there are some genuinly good streetwear brands out there. 10deep is nice although they got many pieces that are too busy in my opinion.

That's wrong

Please, show me what you dress in.

yikes

This is so inane and absurd.

frank ocean and tom yorkie wear undercover so its cool

Absolutely nothing.
People on here harp on about shit and act "in the know" but in reality nobody is, and you know why? Because it's fashion.

Fashion is, by nature, subjective due to the fact that it is at its most basic level art. People on Veeky Forums think that being on the fringe of it, wearing garments that don't actually look that good, look tacky etc is cool- which to some people it may be but that's the point, it is to some people, to others it isn't.

When you ask what's wrong with streetwear the only real answer is nothing.
Maybe some people that represent the culture are tools and give it a bad name but it's no different than people shitting on certain music genres. Sure, you think it sounds awful but even if 99.9% of the population hates it, for that .1% it's enjoyable and for that reason alone it is, in some way "good" music. Same goes for fashion.

Don't come on here for meaningful discourse because there is none to be had. The only real value of Veeky Forums is inspo and random discussion (and let's be honest, even that is debatable).

I never said anything was wrong with "streetwear", but /r/streetwear. There's a huge debate on what streetwear is and whether it's a narrow definition of streetwear culture or a broader look look that isn't formalwear. I personally consider myself into streetwear, and by that I mean contemporary non-designer labels, Scandinavian streetwear, and dare I say "minimalism".

The inherent wrong with with streetwear circles is that they tend not to give much thought into what they're wearing or why they're wearing it. They circlejerk certain labels and purchase pieces just because of a logo or built up hype. They create fake exclusivity and beat a flavour of the day to death until they move to the next one. They drive up prices. Generally, they don't ask what makes the garment special or attractive other than the name on it or on its label.

Undercover used to be huge on Veeky Forums and then it got memed, see pic related (that's from years ago and was one of the first of it's kind).

Ran out of space. I liked Cav Empt when I first came across it, a lot (pic related was also everywhere on Veeky Forums at one point, I dare you to go try and find it in another thread). I still like Cav Empt, but I grew out of some of the designs (although I'm still probably attracted to their more minimal stuff).

I never liked Gosha, but then again I never liked the whole slavcore movement at all that used to get posted here. Some have argued it's a social and political commentary on post-Soviet Union/Russia but I don't buy that it's that clever, to me it's just cliché and unoriginal, almost like he read slavcore threads on Veeky Forums and created a label based off them. Seriously, the dude rips logos and adds Russian fonts to them.

The point is that hypebeasts ate all of these up. Is part of not liking them because they completely circlejerked it and bastardized them to the point of redundancy? Hell yeah dude.

Why did you list 3 completely unrelated brands

Fuck, ran out of space again... this is 3/3. Might as well complete the meme trifecta while I'm at it.

I was going to add that of course all of these labels have something good about them. Otherwise they wouldn't be successful. And in my city no one much would bat an eye if I had a Cav Empt piece on. A greater world exists out of fashion on the internet of course. But to me the brands do have their inherent faults (especially Gosha, fuck Gosha). And there are a multitude of other brands doing cool things I like, so why would I pay what are now inflated prices for stuff that was on Veeky Forums in 2013?

Forgot to add they also purchase because of celebrity hype. No originality...

all 3 are higher end streetwear brands that are very popular among teenagers and redditors

I hate Gosha. He popularizes the fashion style of late Soviet generation. It's disgusting how American teenagers wear that shit, cause my parents dressed like that in 80-s

Those are my top 3 actually

Doing real nice stuff

>frank ocean
>radiohead
>cool

Kys

Streetwear is objectively disgusting

Hey man you should checkout /r/streatweat

You are objectively both a retard and a faggot.
Not saying you're completely wrong though

CE is my favorite brand at the moment, and they are actually involved in a lot of cool shit. Their techno involvement is sick, and their designs are totally unique (well not the issey style bomber).

Gosha is hyped up rapper-tier streetwear ran by a russian pedophile, so there's that.

You shoukd check out my hairy cock

they're still called pieces you fucking pretentious cuck because they are pieces of clothing

Where to cop shoes?

Jun is goat. His shows are really beautiful, something McQueen would do was he alive. Also dolls he makes as hibby are really good.
UC is Harajiku-streetwear which is different to western streetwear.

Wow he listens to television that's so indie! (stands for independent because he's unique)