Why do people like skaters and skater style? They're the scum of the earth, easily the most cancerous white subculture

Why do people like skaters and skater style? They're the scum of the earth, easily the most cancerous white subculture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1U-cgn3cEGA
youtube.com/watch?v=IhQn9-LAydM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0k34cQZ_c
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnsHditrCrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Started skating at 14.
Adopted the "skater style".
Haven't skated in several years (I'm 30 now).
Still dress the same as I did when I was a skater... not gonna change my entire wardrobe just because I don't skate anymore.
Though I'm not scruffy and I don't wear my trousers around my ankles anymore.

because its fun and creative and you probably cant do it

The style is actually quite effay desu cus it's kind of a form of comfycore plus u just get to chill with ur brahs n skate together idk what ur problem is

>creative

get real my man

it takes style and technique to make it look cool. plus all the videos and people pushing the threshold

I only warmed up to skater style when I discovered the Japanese magazine Ollie. It's a magazine that focuses on skater fashion rather than the sport itself.

Obviously white teenagers who call themselves skaters dress like shit though and are generally faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=1U-cgn3cEGA

its self expression of how relaxed with life they are

and like with most japanese streetwear it oozes comfy

>easily the most cancerous white subculture
Implying that isn't scene kiddies

why do you post the same thread, user...easily the most cancerous of things to do

cause it's extremely comfy in a city dress like a skater.

bait. everyone who posted to this thread without saging is dumb.

Skateboarding is an activity that makes you look attractive, skilled and graceful much like dancing or playing music. the only people who hates it are tryhard 'anti-culture' starbucks camping, bernie voting hyperfags. and of course fat and old people.

But there are still a lot of shit looking skaters like aron kyro, chris cole, lamont holt, torey pudwill that has no business being on a fashion board.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhQn9-LAydM

>Skateboarding is an activity that makes you look attractive, skilled and graceful much like dancing or playing music
Those activities are socially valued, while skating isn't. It's a pointless, adolescent waste of physical grace- nobody outside the subculture finds skating beautiful.

>caring about what is socially valued
>browsing Veeky Forums

wow you have one hell of an identity crisis

Veeky Forums is more obsessed with perceived social value than any other community that has existed

from an imageboard whose vocabulary consists words like normie and cuck, I find that hard to believe. This is the most tryhard site at being the opposite of conventional society, sometimes good, funny shit comes out of it but most of the time just shit.

>Veeky Forums is more obsessed with perceived social value than any other community that has existed
fixd

shit so that explains why 99% of waywt threads are so bland, safe and looks like the physical manifestation of insecurity.

If I was good at skateboarding I'd probably disagree but I can only just kick flip so fuck skateboarding

I'm decent at skateboarding but to be honest the whole hype around skate 'style' and shit like trasher being fashionable is just silly as fuck to me.

>pointless
It's fun you idiot, it's not about having a "point", and it's nice to go and skate with your friends. Don't take it so seriously.

It's also the reason there is so much off topic threads and
>is x Veeky Forums
Type of bullshit here, it's never about fashion it's about seeking validation of others for having social value because the people don't get enough of that in real life.
Being depressed drug addicted anorexic is the eopitome of Veeky Forums (whatever the fuck that even means) because it seems cool and aloof on instagram even if your life is shit.

>those twig arms
kek

it's an easy subculture to get in to. faggy teenagers will defend it to death though.

>faggy teenagers

haha epic meme bro xD

>graceful
LOL

OP's girlfriend left him for a skater

>Trasher
How do people find it so hard to spell out the word 'Thrasher'

bmx is superior

I will just never understand the decision making process behind this look

best skate video on youtube by far

In the skating world you are the equivalent of that annoying white kid with braces who keeps insisting that eminem is the best rapper in the universe.

queer neo-jock bullshit

most of them end up 30 with blown out knees working retail and beating their 16 year old girlfriend which is awesome

why the pic of the guy wearing the supreme crewneck and converse look so posed lol

Skater style can be okay, but skate music took a fucking nosedive.

Now it's shit hiphop.

(Not that hiphop is shit, just the kind that skatefags love is "Should've stayed on Soundcloud"-tier garbage.)

>not that hip hop is shit

If you like hip hop your opinion on music is irrelevant even if you are talking shit about other styles of hip hop

It's because being a skater when you're 12-14 is kind of like having a car when you're 16-18 and a house when you're 18-21.

The girl can hang out with you without adult supervision and you probably have access to drugs and alcohol and she can make out with you and then catch your dick behind some bushes, after the sun goes down.

>he doesn't like MF DOOM
I can ship you a helium tank and a bag if you want to take care of this, user

Dylan Rieder

>scum of the earth

Hey man, not all of them are terrible people.

As someone who's been skating for 8 years (I'm 21) I simply wear whatever I find for cheap/looks nice at thrift stores because I can't find anything good when I hit the mall.

Or if I do find something, it is rather expensive/doesn't ship overseas.

People simply try to dress like skaters because they find the activity itself cool and want to feel like they are part of said group. Also like other anons stated, for it's comfy vibe.

What I don't really understand is why some people have complimented me on the stuff I wear (most of them being korean girls) I mean, I don't really put any effort to it.

>chris cole
>shit looking

come on man, chris used to rock some pretty goofy fits back when he was a teenager and metal-vibes during his early 20s

Honestly I feel like the whole skater fad started thanks to basic bitches. You only see two people wearing them and those are: people who actually skate and posers, so there's that.

>creative
The diy fuccbois are barely managing "creative"

it's a sport, it's not a fucking culture. and street skating is completely fucking dead.

G O A T

what about ali boulala

When is the last time a skater beat you up, took your lunch money, and tried to mack on your significant other?

Oh that's right, never.

you need to actually get out of the rathole you call a house for that to happen

skaters don't have a particular fashion or style. if anything they dress dumb on purpose or wear whatever happens to float in to their possession. seriously when I skated in high school my friends and I would steal our moms jeans and wear them just because it was considered cool to wear skinny jeans. if we gave any thought at all to what we wore it'd be to wear band shirts we liked or skate brand clothes.

Learning how to skate at 23 is hard

yeah but none of you are doing anything near this

no one cares to emulate rodney, him and his style is fossil fuel now

you're emulating rodney every time you do a flip trick actually

hurr hurr you're emulating rick owens wearing that fuccboi fit

>street is dead
lmao you're dust old man

oy vey

Lol got em.

>using skating and skater style to gain more self worth

Scums

Who is the most Veeky Forums skater and why is it Ben Kadow? Seems like a genuinely cool guy aswell

Lol skaters don't dress like that at all you retard

they definitely do have a style you just weren't a real skater and don't know what you're talking about

ITT: people who don't skate at all talking like they know anything about skating

supreme, palace, stussy and many other popular fashion brands were all started as skate brands. skaters have better fashion sense than any noobs in this thread. BTFO

>
Lol someones mad they couldn't learn how to ollie

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0k34cQZ_c

This
and rekt

most /fa skater will always be dylan reider

what are those shoes?

>supreme
>palace
>stussy

wow sure convinced me there champ

Lol how is supreme not one of the biggest brands right now? you're just mad that skaters have better style than you

these people don't seriously still exist do they? i mean christ that shit was a decade ago at this point.

supra's. not sure what model tho

since when is popularity indicative of quality? and I do skate, just cant stand that corny streetware shit - there's far more interesting fashion to come out of the scene than a few lame logos

yeah same i skate and i don't wear any of those trendy brands. but it just shows how much skateboarders have influenced popular fashion

fucking this
I wear mostly rick usually, why the heck would I dress up skate gear?
Plus Muska has been on that tricky-ricky steez for longer than some people browsing this board have existed

muska's style is kinda outdated imo

I'm glad to hear you have opinions user
Too bad they are unsolicited and no one cares

oh yeah for sure, but I think the influnce is more than that: skate culture acts as a sextant for the direction youth/street fashion is heading - so many current trends were adopted and propagated by skaters before anyone else (in a significant way anyway)

im sorry what was that? xD u know our name not our swaggy ;)
This deadass some hardcore shit niggas eat mad shit doin this

>not praising nyc skateboarding

nyc skating is becoming too trendy and kinda overrated imo.

This is what I think when I think skater fashion
Not those kids that shop at zumeiz and Tilly's and wear shit like diamond
Thats not skater fashion that's just childish fashion

yeah any skater who is actually in the know with the core skate scene knows diamond and zumiez are lame as fuck

This was one sale for 24$ yesterday and I got it
Is it any good?

haha no. if your gunna buy online go to active rideshop or ccs

Yeah but is rimable a good brand? I got it for cheap but it seems pricey l

i think you're kidding but incase you're not no it's a walmart brand

U dumb bro
They make some of the best longboards

Can I just replace the truck bearings and wheels?

well are you just cruising or trying to learn tricks? desu that board would be fine for learning as long as you're fine looking like a noob

Cruising and maybe learning how to ollie
Idk the reviews said it was good

looks like a shit board for cruising. i'd say go to your local shop tell them you're just starting out and you need a board for cheap. they usually have second hand parts laying around and cheap shop boards for 40 - 50$ if they're nice guys which they usually are then they'll help you out

nah user was right the first time, it's Veeky Forums as a whole

fuck yea, rip my nigger

he said skater not poser

>easily the most cancerous white subculture
>on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums

You are like a little baby. Do you ever question yourself?

skater style is possibly one of the most comfy styles.

kys