So I had a haircut done in 40 minutes at my local babrershop...

So I had a haircut done in 40 minutes at my local babrershop, and the barber was taking his time to make everything precise. The haircut costed $18 and I tipped him $5. Was that good enough?

How much does Veeky Forums tip?

0 im not amerilard

I'm so poor that I cut my hair myself.

haircuts are overrated

been growing mine out for the past two years

40min seems like a long ass time.

I cut mine also. My mom was a hair cutter so maybe I have the genes idk.

Cut costs $12 and I tip $8 (I just give him a $20)

A good cut is worth $20 to me, people spend so much on everything else why be stingy about your hair.

Thats the most retarded thing I have ever read. Do you know how genes fucking even work?

Yeah you wear them on your legs

I spend $15 for my cut. My barber doesn't accept tips.

take it easy man, get outside once in awhile

You're paying for a service. What's the tip for? The barber is literally doing what he's paid to do.

Do you also tip the supermarket check out clerk? The person serving you at KFC?

Jesus Christ you Americans are retarded I swear to god. You paid for a service that pays the man, why do you feel the need to additionally pay the man? Are you stupid? You already paid him by paying for the haircut.

I am not from the US. Prettymuch the only person I do tip is the guy that does my hair.

Yeah it seems fucking weird to me that they tip a hairdresser. Do you tip the dentist too for making your teeth better?

Lol jeezus christ dood he was obviously kidding, and meant that he just has a knack for it, probably because he grew up around it all the time like I did
you need to go out and develop some social skills m8

why don't you kill yourself ?
i had twice haircut this month 24€ each + tips

Because you're paying for a service that varies greatly from one individual to another, you're paying for his skill that he's acquired over the yrs and thus you now reap the benefits of, it's just in good taste and having respect and class for someone that's great at what they do, also you obviously don't know why ppl tip in certain professions, because for ppl like barbers, tattooists, etc, they get a percentage of what they make and not 100% unless they own the shop they work at which is rare.

So of that initial $18 the barber is only going to keep 50%-70% of it usually less if your inexperienced, so a tip is also a nice way to let him bypass all that and keep a little for himself without having to pay the owner a percentage for letting him use the space he's working at

And like I said if you like the work someone does for you then it's usually a nice gesture to give them a little extra for the nice touch or hard work they put into giving for you, you usually see this in creative fields because the work varies from person to person as well as at certain stages in their life, a beginner barber is going to be much shittier than an old barber etc.

And it can sometimes be hard finding a certain barber/tattooist/fashion designer/photographer/game designer/artist/cook/architect etc etc etc, because the talent and aesthetic varies greatly, so again it's usually a respect and classy thing to do to tip someone you like the work of

And sometimes ppl tip with alcohol or something they've made personally if they don't like just giving money, you usually see this alot with tattooists reviewing bottles of wine or liquor, tattoo machines from other tattooist's, paintings, etc

ok so how much do you tip you fucking faggot?

Some ppl tip high like $20 some tip $10

I pay $110 AUD ( 85 USD ) equivalent at Toni & Guy, don't tip

same boat.

number two 2 all over every other sunday evening im doing it tomorrow and i am looking forward to it

30 usd in Sweden.

Yes actually, just got my teeth cleaned today. Tipped him $30

Barbers who do a good job and listen to you deserve a small tip. When you go to a local barber shop vs a chain you will notice a difference in how much effort they put into haircuts. Got a haircut at shitty "manly" Sports Clips and they kept trying to up sell shit. Plus I asked do they use a razor to do my hairline/tape up. They said they don't even use razors. Every barber shop should use razor for hairline because it adds much detail. Local one does way better. Good haircuts should cost $15-$20. You can tip a bar tender, why not a barber?

Actually, it's not entirely impossible... the study of epigenetics has suggested it's possible to inherit talents from your parents, or at least in the sense of having a natural aptitude for the talent. Hence why people say artistic talent runs in a family, or particular tastes, or... say, alcoholism. Of course environment and personal achievement does play the largest factor in determining someone's skills.

"alcoholism" isn't what's genetically inherited. predisposition to poor impulse control + predisposition to sensitivity to dopamine and endorphins is what's inherited. those predispositions are applied to the socially learned behavior of drinking alcohol, and that's what makes alcoholism "run in the family," but people with that genetic predisposition could get addicted to anything. crack, gambling, sex. it has nothing to do with the alcohol per se, but just anything that provides a rush of feelgood chemicals in the brain.

I tipped $10 on a $15 cut recently only because I had like a year worth of hair that made a mess everywhere. I would normally tip $5.

I used to tip 10-15 on a $40 haircut, at shop in lower manhattan and they thought I was a rich bouj cunt.

15e
we don't tip

>americans actually have to tip their shooter or else he has the constitutional right to shoot them again

i haven't paid for a haircut for like a decade now but now that i think about it, i did tip the person cutting my hair. but i have no idea why. it's not like restaurants where the wait staff are underpaid and rely on tips to make ends meet or whatever the narrative is. why the fuck would i pay the guy the full price to cut my hair, then tip him? that makes no sense.

>being an americuck

yeah i've been cutting my hair for 5+ years

>costed

>18$
Hair cuttery confirmed
You did good OP
I tip my babrber 2$ because the head babrber had to come in and cut it, which he did much better then my old barber.

incentive to cut hair better if they think they'll get a good tip?

professional craft worker

it was clearly a joke, you autist

Anyone know a good place to get a haircut in NYC that's ~$40 or less? I've always went to my mom's old college friend but she charges $60 for what I think is too simple to possibly justify the cost (she's amazing with messy layering but it's still a pretty straightforward cut). Nearly all the $18 ones in my neighborhood are slavs that don't speak English. My gf goes to shampoo avenue B and it's pretty great, but men's cuts still start at $45.

had an hour long haircut the other day and paid $60 literally $1/min, p crazy

they were really good, the difference is there but i dont think noticeable enough to justify the price desu

I forgot to tip my barber, how fucked up am I when I go back?

>tipping

lol

To see if I still feel.

He now has the right to shoot you and you literally cannot do anything about it.

kek
I usually go for a 16 eurobucks haircut and tip 2 euro.

I hope this is bait because I'm in the US as well neither I nor anybody I know does this

What said. Here and especially in my city, haircuts are no joke. If as a barber you fuck up someone's hair some serious problems may occur. Also if your barber isn't there you don't just go to someone else you want that specific person's skill and nobody else may know your hair like that person.

>americans actually unironically tip the barber

>tfw all the barbershops I get recommended are minimum $30

15euros just for the hair, 20euros with eyebrows

15$ i tip 5$

shut up you fucking massive faggot using a reaction image piece of shit suck ym duck ing dick you god damn cock mongrel europoor

...are you meant to tip hairdressers?

I had a £40 salon trip 2 weeks ago, i didnt tip a penny

>ameriLELS

>Europeans are so poor they can't spare some pocket change
No wonder the EU is falling apart

Not American but I tip my Barber every so often, they always remember it and make a fuss when I come in, take their time and go the extra length like open the shop if I can't come in any other day.

that guy is Veeky Forums without a doubt

I don't tip because I'm not an Amerilard.
Also I pay with my Mastercard®

>pays haircut with credit..
Where's the sheckles jew?!

>ATM doesn't give under 20€
>Barber is 15€
>no tax for using card at the barber
Why would I use bills and coins ?

I cut my own hair because everybody else fucks it up. It's so easy that I don't understand why more people don't do it.

>when you pay the highschool custodian to cut your hair

b/c of social anxiety I cant go and get my hair cut.

how do i handle this?

I've had the same dude cut my hair for 20$ for the past 15 yrs. Don't trust anyone else with my hair

go out and get your hair cut

Depends on how much time it takes, if it takes an hour i pay $8 as a tip, otberwise $4-5

Just give him the 20 you jew

What borough you in senpai?

>not tipping yourself

Cut your own hair. It's not hard. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.