/patches/

Proud to be Poopy Edition

>WHAT ARE SOME PATCHES?
>WHERE DO I PUT PATCHES?
>HOW DO I DESIGN PATCHES?
Answers to these questions and more in our handy pastebin: pastebin.com/hTiigudJ

Remember to ask questions for the FAQ!

Other urls found in this thread:

radcult.bigcartel.com/product/dandelion-gum-patch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As usual, my time estimation was way way off
Liquidator restock is scheduled to arrive today!

Take it to tumblr

You prefer to get your news there?

I prefer for you to fuck off and stay there.

This is huh... wow...

I'm new to fashion, where do patches even go? I got a Rhodesian Army patch for free with a bush war hat I bought, and I'm wondering what I can do with it

>>WHERE DO I PUT PATCHES?

fuck, sorry, posted and then i saw the pastebin. i'm retarded.

Bags, jackets, hats, the list goes on desu

what is a good price to pay for a patch? also where do you buy them from

4-9 bucks usually. And innerdecay, ball and chain co., etsy, Veeky Forums.org/k/, milsurp... etc.

Fucking noice m8
Will cop at least one

can we get some patch inspo?

I missed most of the last thread. What became of that comet patch?

Gon repost some stuff

I put one of my NASA patches on this jacket. It makes for good NostromoCore

Whoops I don't usually phone post that much sorry about the sideways image

Fit pic with it

Lol

change those shit pants

Me IRL.

R8 pls.

dude

for what it is, you pull it off really well

BRO

ah

Was looking through my conversations, two years ago an user posted this. I regret not buying one from him.

I'm completely new to this. Would the placement of the text with the difference effect even be feasible embroidered or would I have to do something more like the right?

Also just general critique appreciated. The sketch is a Loomis I edited.

No aspect of this will look good or even work as an embroidered patch. How do you expect thread passing through fabric to replicate this design?

Maybe I should have mentioned it was very placeholder at the time.
This is obviously rough around the edges now, but does it have potential? I really don't know what to do with the text

if you were wearing anything else you would look like a spineless cuck. but in that outfit you look decent

I like it better without the text. The ear is throwing me off though.

Looks cool on its own. Looks terrible on you.

I think the text is an OC DONUT STEEL watermark

Does anyone know if this patch actually exists ? Or where I could get it made

AM made it as a joke I think

I actually made a different one, I had no idea the joke had already been made

I kinda doubt someone based that on my idea

Where can I buy jap style patches?

Japan

>Jap style patches

What is a Jap Style patch?

Super excited for my trepanism patch to come in. I'll post a pic for quality when I get it so y'all can see.

Would cop

This pic actually makes me realize how cool it would look to put all of your patches on one side of a jacket, as long as they're colorful

Any tips for putting patches on leather? I can't wait to slap these onto my leather jacket

Poke holes in the leather. Nothing more.

It'd probably be really helpful to use one of those embroidery rings that clamps around the fabric to keep it taught

Although maybe you'd want to try it on something leather you don't really care about first to make sure it doesn't leave a permanent ring on the leather

Oh shit that would actually work perfectly, I'll try the ring on a portion of the leather that isn't normally seen and if is doesn't leave a mark I'm g2g

Let me know how it goes! I don't own anything leather but if I ever get a leather jacket it'd be good to know this works

buzz cut would probably suit you

staff likes this, I don't have anything specific in mind

Thank you Mothy

So the most generic iconography from Japan as possible?

Yeah I'm thinking of dropping the text.
The original intent was for it to run right through the split of the head, but it looks cluttered.
How about the ear now?

thank ya

The right one is the way to go, keep the nose for sure

It's a good design and I'd cop if it's embroidered well, but what's up with the white bar in the background? Because embroidery has a kind of 3D look, that bar will pop out from the background and look like it's on the same "plane" as the head, which might look weird

The bar is sorta just a relic from the text at this point, it could go for sure. I was just thinking having something to mark the split would look good, but you're right about it not being the best on a patch.
Thanks for the feedback, I think your stuff's great.

I like that pin!

They don't have to be generic, but generic works too. Just want to browse and find ones I like.

would look better with a buzz cut bro

Does anyone sell the alien from Welcome to the NHK?

Looks sick, is it in reference of anything?

Inspo from best girl?

i might do something like this in the future. this is just a very rough sketch of course.
gonna start working on some new designs soon, but i'm not sure how long i want to stick to just patches.
(my patch is 20% off right now btw)

I'd unironically buy something like this if you actually produced it

>This is huh... wow...

lose the mohawk and you're golden

BREAKING NEWS: pic of 16 year old morrissey leaked

Thats odd you spelt Asuka wrong

@12332216
I really really hope /patches/ knows better than to help this image derail the thread

Please don't bite, guys

>Not even the same series

What are you doing boy

I already saved pineapple of immunity which gives me immunity and has no way to prevent it so you can go fuck yourself smug anime fuck

guys
please

replies are replies

I literally did not look at the image until I saw your(?) post. All I saw was Asuka.

asuka a shit

>previous 10 posts in this thread have squat to do with patches in any form

abdl thread?

I just meant patch placement on the character, jeez. Lets get things back on track.

Don't worry user, you weren't the one that derailed the thread

Repost but a /patch/ favourite

This is sicc.

It's a patch from the musical project Black Moth Super Rainbow.
radcult.bigcartel.com/product/dandelion-gum-patch

W2c

I just got an Instagram message from the rapper B L A C K I E with a link to a scam website

Jesus christ so many patches are numale or tumblr

General rules to not look like a preteen

>No edgy message
>Nothing 'quirky' or tumblr
>Don't buy anything a e s t h e t i c
>Don't buy anything 'clever' or kitsch, no matter how edgy or pop culturey
>anime or drugs references

>buy cool band patches, interesting esoteric old patches, sincere military/company patches, biker patches, abstract patches, actual beliefs you hold patches

This way people don't look down on you as a manchild when they see the patches your mom sewed onto your kanken to go with your doc martins

too much

All innerdecay

Ok ignore everything this user said.

How to actually wear patches:

Buy a design you like.
Wear it.

Literally who?

>buy cool band patches, interesting esoteric old patches, sincere military/company patches, biker patches, abstract patches, actual beliefs you hold patches

Besides certain abstract patches, those are boring as fuck. Theres nothing more generic than military patches especially. Im ex-military and any military patches on anything but your IBA looks tryhard as fuck. Way to fit into the mold, there.

He was one of the predecessors to Death Grips in terms of noise rap, he's a favorite of people trying to point out that they aren't original

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
I actually agree with some of what you're saying, but I think the most tactful way to make your argument is to post stuff you think is cool instead of (or at least in addition to) berating others

Where do you think you are?

?

Ohhh fuck, fellas

New patch grail

Wall Street patches finally arrived!
Will be another 1-3 days until I begin shipping them, but they are now available in the store.

looks nice. will cop one soon. how many did you get?

They look great man, holy hell! Gimme that link, I'm instacopping