How much height does a high heel actually add?

A high heel of 3 inches will add how much actual height to your height?

A high heel of 4 inches will add how much actual height to your height?

Other urls found in this thread:

celebheights.com/a/11.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qUgphH3qjRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

????

what? It's not like the total heel height is added to your height.

...why not?

is basic geometry to difficult for you to comprehend?

not the same anons retard
and if you have such a good grasp of it why do you need to even ask

I'm op and this wasn't me.

I don't how to explain it but I know that the entire high heel is not added to the total height. I'm sure there is a math explanation that relates to the ankle of people.

I can't answer without a specific shoe

Find the bottom of your foot that's directly under your ankle. However far that is off the ground while you're wearing the shoe is how much taller it makes you.

what about 4 inch, no platform, size 8 (US)

I can't answer without a specific shoe

Find the bottom of your foot that's directly under your ankle. However far that is off the ground while you're wearing the shoe is how much taller it makes you.

I'm a man. I was just curious about how much taller women are with heels vs not wearing heels.

are you fucking retarded?

If you're serious about these questions please sterilize yourself

Post proof of sterilization and I'll give you the answer you're looking for with diagrams and everything

prove that the total heel height would add the same amount of height to the person.

prove that it doesn't, faggot
go head, provide evidence that it doesn't and i'll start wasting calories on your dumbass claim that euclidean geometry doesn't work

I created this thread because I can't mathematically prove it but it's not as simple as you imagine.

It's related to the toe joints and ankle of the individual when they are wearing heels. The total height of the heel doesn't mean that they will be standing x amount taller.

>mathematically prove it
jesus fucking christ you literally have a sub-60 IQ

measure your height against a wall
then stand on a 3 inch block of fucking wood
then measure your height again

and hOLY SHIT YOU'LL BE 3 INCHES TALLER FUCK ME SIDEWAYS BATMAN IT'S INCREDIBLE

seriously: kill yourself

That's nice but we aren't talking about a block of wood and that would only be correct if the heel were hinge right at the rear of your foot like a block of wood. the ankle joint is positioned farther forward and higher than the toe joint, which means that the height of the heel will be different than the lift that it provides.

seriously it's laughable how wrong and blind you are...

go ahead and post proof then faggot
it's not hard
measure yourself without and with some heels

then publish your paper and collect your nobel in physics

I'm a man, bro, otherwise I would do it to illustrate what I am talking about.

If you're female, go ahead and measure your heel to your knee and then put on a 4" heel (no platform) and measure to your knee. The distance will be different and you will find that the 4" heel will not be equal to a 4" lift in height.

seriously fucking kys if you can't understand basic geometry

lmao you keep imaging a fucking triangle don't you? the ankle joint and toe joint don't function that way in relationship to heels.

prove it faggot
otherwise kys

>things are complicated because i'm retarded
nice.

Measure your height flat footed. Put a block of wood under your heal, measure difference in height and compare to height of wood.

Why do you need to know exactly how much taller it makes you? If for whatever reason a 4 inch heel doesn't give you 4 inches of height, it'll still give you very near 4 inches ffs.

o no be careful don't trigger OP with your logic and reason

I don't own any heels, friend. I'm sorry that you can't understand this :(

I actually expect it to vary quite a bit based on the size of the foot and the length from the ankle joint to the toe joint.

lol at you constantly sperging out in this thread

I just tried on 2 inch heels and it added 2 inches of height, give or take. If there was any variation it was extremely minor.

This thread reminds me of my friend who thought that me wearing 1461s was me trying to make myself taller when he was wearing shoes with the same height heel, because 1461s have a thicker sole on the whole shoe.

Fucking retarded, just like OP.

try with 4" friend and post a pic :)

i get extremely triggered at faggots who can't comprehend mundane shit

guess i'm autistic oh well at least i'm not OP

i understand perfectly well that you can't grasp placing a small block of fucking whatever under your heels and measuring yourself against a wall
i can also understand that you shouldn't have to even do this if you have more than 3 functioning neurons

that's nice but you're still wrong sub-60 IQ that can't understand anatomy :(

celebheights.com/a/11.html

>you're wrong because i say you're wrong and also you don't understand anatomy because you don't agree with my misunderstandings of anatomy
i'm done with your shit
kill yourself unironically; i feel sorry for any kids you may have in the future

youtube.com/watch?v=qUgphH3qjRc

I think you might be misinformed about what the height of a heel means.

The height of a heel is measured where the base and back of the sole come together, not the front or middle.

To visualize this, it means the measured part of the heel cups the back of the foot.

thanks for the link

hopefully it helps understand how wrong he was :(

this has nothing to do with OP's argument and everything to do with the link posted here go ahead and try to defend OP's mysterious ankle-anatomy

actually it communicates exactly what I said above. it's okay to wrong about things

this is the best thread ever

>the height of the heel will be different than the lift that it provides.

>this whole post

this is the worst thread ever posted on Veeky Forums

HAHAHAHA

Hello OP, you are right on your assumption that the heel doesn't just add the height like it's a simple triangle. What exactly is your question though? You can't make a formula for the actual height added, it's a combination of the cut of the shoe and the feet wearing them. I'd guess the actual height added is about 0.5 cm less.

Heels always add less than the height of the heel

as a general rule they add one inch less that the height of the heel so a 4 inch heel will add barely 3 inches if not a little less

How come? Explain please. Like, I really want to know, not trying to be a dick here

Yahoo answers:

The height of the heel does not add up directly to your height, because your entire foot bends down and the effective length of the ankle shortens. The more your feet bend, the more you "lose to gain". It also depends on your shoe size, the smaller the size, the more bent your feet will be.

As an estimate, for moderate pumps without platforms, substract about one inch of the height of the heel. So 3 1/2 inch pumps add about 2 1/2 inches to your height. With even higher and spikier heels, the difference is even more: 5 inch pumps might only make you about 3 1/2" taller.

Now platforms with a thick front make you a little but taller because your feet would be flatter. For example, most 5 inch platforms will make you 4 1/2" taller. But 5 inch "Frankenstein" platforms (those with a uniform thick sole) will lift you its full height of 5".

This was actually a good thread even with that one autist trying to ruin it and OP's poor articulation.

see

it has to do with how the height of a heel is measured

>that one autist calling out OP's bullshit
ftfy

lmao at you still sperging out about being wrong

yeah I don't understand this