Why are all of your fits so subdued and quiet?

Why are all of your fits so subdued and quiet?

Anyone got any tips on louder, more expressive and "fun" outfits?

There is a fine line between being bland and sleep-inducing like most fits here, and being obnoxious and annoying as fuck like r/streetwear, Vlone retarded shit. Try to see how much colors and patterns you could add to your outfit without looking autistic.

god damn thank you so much for saying this. Fuck this is everything wrong with Veeky Forums

Its like the real world, you either have to choose black or white. A degenerate sjw or a stormfront fuckface, there is no in-between, same with fashion its fucking retarded brah.

What I've noticed about a lot of the posters here is that they want to copy the style of their favourite rapper, singer or some social network twat, but at the same time tone it down so that nobody will give them the stink eye or even look twice at them. This is what I think is the reason we have people asking whether they should buy absolutely basic items every single day.

you literally do not

>a lot of the posters here is that they want to copy the style of their favourite rapper, singer or some social network twat, but at the same time tone it down so that nobody will give them the stink eye or even look twice at them

That and the fact that they're so absolute obsessed about physical attributes that they absolutely cannot change like height and facial structure. Then seeing people who have these qualities they obsess so hard about and more, leading to a bunch of self-loathing little shits who projects their insecurities into the entire board. (facial aesthetics/thinspo threads which contains no actual discussion about fashion). Anyway more 'vibrant' inspo.

What does louder, expressive and fun mean to you? If you want to give your outfit more colour, look at what other people wear or at art. I have a postcard that gives me a colour palette. Maybe incorporate ideas in your outfits? At the moment I'm sewing a suprematism based sweater on how space travel leads to equality (). All in all, observe, digest and don't be too afraid of your peers.

You mean tacky outfits?

If you want to look like a fuckwad, go right ahead.

basic bitch detected

time to go back

Stromae has a clothing line out.

>tone it down so that nobody will give them the stink eye or even look twice at them
hahaha fuck i really need to cop my own style

>Why are all of your fits so subdued and quiet?
cause I like subdued and quiet
I don't want to stand out by being loud, that honestly feels tad passive aggressive

wtc that guys jeans?

It's far better to have a personality louder than your clothes than clothes louder than your personality

Loud clothes are hard to work with.

people in the 80s, 90s, etc didn't seem to have any problems

>muh clothes were better back in the good old days

And who's to define what "fun" is, you fun policeman? Don't tell me how to have fun.

honestly, by and large they were. fast fashion didn't yet have a stranglehold on the industry. athleisure was kept to a minimum, as it should be.

The 80s were the peak of tacky name brand consumerism fashion.

Is this fun enough for OP's purposes?

>The 80s were the peak of tacky name brand consumerism fashion.
you literally just described the late 90s-now. can you imagine a brand like supreme existing back then?

startup brands like supreme were not possible because the internet had not yet become ubiquitous; however, the name on your clothes was becoming increasingly important due to the expanding consumer culture and keeping up with the joneses

then as now, the best can usually be found slightly on the edge of the mainstream