Can we have a Veeky Forums movies thread?

Can we have a Veeky Forums movies thread?
I just watched this yesterday and is effay as fuck.

Post your Veeky Forumsggot movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LqrLyvJ4qaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What else but this?

effay as fuck

>you will never be embraced as a kid by a bunch of skinheads who are double your age in 80's England

Depression in visual form

You should watch Northern Soul

"less than zero" has some of my favorite 80's fits and inspo. god i wish i was alive then.

Tony Takitani

It only runs for around 70 mins but I enjoyed it

is this movie from the same guy who made "Chungking Express" or some shit like that?

>you will never be as handsome as in his prime delon
sometimes i just wanna die

Yeah, wong kar-wai. his style is very beautiful.

Taxi Driver

Blow Up

Doomsdays

almost famous
palo alto
the lobster

Quadrophenia was literally just Veeky Forums the musical

Also pic

Carlos was better

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums

if you like fashion and good cinema get down to your local kinoplex and watch this now

Delon is the ultimate. There is no shame in not being the example of male perfection.

If you haven't seen all the films in this pic you need to kill yourself

>ywn be a young French ruffian in the 90s

thanks user

How do i even watch these movies. I already tried finding from the From the Notebook of... and cafe lumiere with no success.

mubi/private trackers/private ddl/rutracker/filmstruck

Blow Up
Hemmings rocked that blazer, white jeans and Chelsea boots combo

fucking this. such a great movie. also if you like the story 'the conversation' and 'blow out' are pretty much re-tellings of it

American Gigolo

Candy
youtu.be/LqrLyvJ4qaE
Great soundtrack also

Yeah, also Lost in Translation.

Palo Alto is my fav Veeky Forums film.

how has this not been posted yet

See

shit im blind but i still prefer fits more

It's like you plebs aren't even trying.

It is a good movie. I think Kristen's really great inthis 'american in europe' role

It really depends on what you consider fashionable. I mean, two of my top Veeky Forums movies would be If Don Juan Were a Woman, and The Graduate, but I also consider early John Waters movies Veeky Forums, as well as movies like The Forbidden Room and Down with Love. It ranges all over the place.

This kind of thing gives me anxiety. I pride myself on having seen a very wide range of film (obviously mostly north american but a decent amount of foreign as well). I've taken a number of film courses at university, seen films of a number of the directors listed here, and yet have not seen even ONE of these... did whoever made this just look for obscure films of well known directors? or is that just the nature of film (and all other art forms) --- I'll never be able to see everything that is a "must-see" (or must-hear, must-read, etc) fuck... none of my courses even mentioned them in passing. I suppose I really am a film pleb, and yet, everyone I talk to knows far less than me when it comes to film regardless of their age or interests, so what does that make them?

You've taken film courses and never heard of The Graduate? That was probably the most obvious classic movie mentioned in this thread.

That list doesn't have the graduate on it

I don't think that there's a single film degree program in the united states worth it's weight in shit that doesn't force you to write 5 pages on that movie at the 100 level

What you need to realise is that you literally cannot see most of the film in the world as it's not widely available. You need to jump on private trackers to find most of the shit and nowdays getting onto them is insanely hard.

You also need to remember that if you, an internet savvy lad can't get onto them and acsess all those movies then neither can anyone teaching you so you're paying to basically know about anything mainstream and mainstream film techniques.

I myself have seen about half the films on that picture and could do so easily due to being on private trackers but the people on the sites i'm on only amount to about 50k people COMBINED. That leaves basically 99% of the worlds population unable to see a ton of movies. Do you have skype? Post it and I might be able to hook you up

you, film/fa/g student, recommend some movies

Thank you, yes Graduate isn't on the list, I have seen it a number of times in and out of class.

Great film.
And very topical for me atm. Don't really want to say why, but now, I'm just mad.

Depends what you like, but I'll recommend you a random selection, and as a bonus I'll try to keep them Veeky Forums as fuck....

Blow Up (1966) Antonioni
Without Name (2016) Finnegan
Band of Outsiders (1964) Godard
Vertigo (1958) Hitchcock
Mon Oncle (1958) Tati
Dangerous Liasons (1988) Frears
Joe (2013) Green - not fa
Coffee and Cigarettes (2003) Jarmusch
Her (2013) Jonze
Videodrome (1983) Cronenberg
Badlands (1973) Malick
Wings of Desire (1987) Wenders
Three Colours Trilogy (Blue 1993, White 1994, Red 1994) Kieslowski

Lol, that reads like my dvd shelf. (not making fun, just like seeing other people know good film).

kek this is like the most entry level list to film I have ever seen
literally 'I only watch things with a criterion logo'-core
>this is your average film major

You the guy who was complaining about not being able to see those films? Give me your skype!

i post this every time because it CANT BE BEAT

That makes sense, I really appreciate the offer, I think it's the first time anyone on any Veeky Forums baord has ever offered me help with anything. With that being said, I'm extremely cautious with handing out any contact information whatsoever on this website...

also, feel free to recommend some stuff based on what you see here I've seen most of what's been posted in the entire thread so far that wasn't in that one "essential film" picture,

>can't be beat
it's not even the best wong kar-wai

Make a temp email using cock.li and post it here then. If you don't you're going to regret missing out on this for the rest of your life if you're truly passionate about film. I'm offering you almost every arthouse and avant-garde film in existence, for free...

You're right it isn't but if we're talking effay nothing can really beat the blocking in this

Cultural studies, I've just taken some random film courses that apply to my program. Entry level cause there are no asian directors? (this always seems to be what /tv/ would classify as entry level... Also I'd be happy to see your list, whatever you would consider the next step to be (and if the film is Veeky Forums related all the better)

it's not entry level due to having no asian cinema, it's entry level because there's not avant-garde or non narrative films and if that's your top 10 or a list films that are dear to you then it's clear you haven't watched enough movies because if you had then there would be a small thread running along your list that showed each of the movies had something in common that you love about film or have touched you as a person and that list is too disjointed and erratic to show any passion. I haven't made a list due to those reasons aswell

[email protected]

latino here

Assuming 95% of people reading this thread are from English-speaking countries, I'm quite interested to know if anyone has ever seen any Jodorowsky films. "El Topo" (The Mole) is awesome, pic related

>for free
building ratio on Karagarga is fucking impossible tho

Yes everyone has seen films from that hack
Check your cock.li
No it's not. Also i'm gonna invite the guy to secret cinema not KG

Secret Cinema? I have a KG account not a Secret Cinema account, what's that like?

KG is 100x better but secret cinema is really easy to get ratio on. It's kinda like KG jr.

>>top 10 or films that are dear to me

no, just films I enjoyed, that represent a range of genre, directors, eras, and most importantly to this thread, fashions
also off the top of my head, do you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every film you've seen?
as for non-narrative... I've seen Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi, ummm not really sure what else would qualify
avantgarde I've seen a bunch of short films, mostly surrealist stuff like Man Ray such as Le Retour a la Raison, Les mysteres de Chateau du De, and Starfish, Dali/Bunuel Chien Andalou.
Newish stuff like Eraserhead, Mulholland Dr., Gummo, Waking Life, Synecdoche New York, and Antichrist (all of these were listed as avantgarde, by wikipedia mind you)

get on rutracker dude. they have everything. let google translate turn the website from russian into english for you and it's easy to navigate.

just ignore people who shit on you but add nothing to the conversation. many people on Veeky Forums are always looking to put down others to make themselves feel better.

also mainstream =/= bad and underground =/= good

various highly acclaimed films are such because they are so good and many obscure underground films are over-looked because they are bland and unimaginative

that's not the point I was making at all
for example if you replaced badlands with tree of life and band of outsides with les mepris that quality of that list would have gone up tenfold and those are both way more well known than the films he chose from those directors

>many people on Veeky Forums are looking to put people down
No you don't realise that the average Veeky Forums user is so autistically into his interests that anything that's not perfection makes him angry because he's passionate about it
that's why you have such good discussions here and also why Veeky Forums is so terrible, because no one is passionate about fashion anymore...

anyway you'd know this if you weren't fresh off the boat from reddit as we can all tell by you frantically trying to differentiate yourself from us and trying to claim the moral highground

he just means try to keep it civil, this has been a pretty decent conversation until you cut in so curtly...

I haven't seen les mepris, will look into it (I still haven't seen much godard, only Outsiders, Alphaville, and Weekend)
and Tree of Life is fine, its just I think that Martin Sheen embodies what I have always considered Veeky Forums to mean, the effortless cool and fashionable when wearing nothing of the sort, a fucking white tee and blue jeans and look amazing, same shit as Dean or McQueen, etc

calling you out for having entry level taste isn't being rude its just stating the truth
when having a different opinion to someone and not sucking their dick is considered inpolite thats when you end up in reddit territory and last time I checked this wasn't /r/film

also I agree with you on badlands being Veeky Forums

Fair

any thoughts on the non-narrative/avantgarde I listed here ? suggestions for more?

Just start with some benning, kenneth anger or brakhage I guess but if you haven't seen all the meme movies like a bout de souffle and 400 blows then watch those first

Castaway on the Moon

do you have an invite to any film tracker that has a bonus system?, my upload is not that great.

[email protected]