So I'm doing this no shampoo thing and now I've got dandruff

So I'm doing this no shampoo thing and now I've got dandruff.
Is it a meme? Can you do no 'poo and not have dandruff?

it varies basically, if you got a dry scalp im sure there is a solution.

shampoo is lookin like the solution to me right now b

Just keep going. I had dandruff when I first started no poo, but now I don't.

>dandruff
Use ketoconazole.

It's the main component of all the antidandruff shampoos.

You can buy it in tablets and devide the recommended dosage by 4.

how long till now dandruff?

tablets?
like you ingest it?

how long till no dandruff*

I've never heard of no shampoo. What are the benefits of this?

NO

Use topic Ket. Oral ket can harm your body

im not even sure
i made a thread last week about how often should i shampoo and about 90% of the thread was on the no shampoo train so that's why im trying it

by topic you mean you use it like shampoo right

It makes your hair a lot more healthy, thicker, and shinier. You do the exact same thing as your regular shower, but don't use shampoo. That's it. But you city's water hardness is a key factor as well. Look up you city's water hardness level. I live in a place with little hard water and I have no dry scalp, hair looks and feels very soft and strong.
you can use this too

I havent used shampoo in 3-4 years and whenever i get my hair cut the barber/hairdresser always compliments my hair.

Shampoo is for suckers and destroys your hair's natural oil production. I would wager its part of the reason so many men are going bald at younger ages than ever before.

i live in canada dude
weird thing is i googled toronto's water hardness and it said it's "124 ppm which is considered to be moderately hard", but on your chart it'd fall into the second softest category

So what do you do when your region has very hard water?

Chew it berofe using it.

you use shampoo a bit more frequently so your hair doesn't get so tough.

so instead of twice or thrice a week, do every other day to start. once your hair starts adjusting, open the amount of times for shampoo. So every other two days, then three, and four etc. Then you start shampooing when it smells. Like when you hang next to a fire pit or if you were outside sweating. No poo is a process

try this one

/2

kek nice one

>whenever i get my hair cut the barber/hairdresser always compliments my hair.
lmao that's their job, if they were telling you how shitty your hair looked all the time they would risk losing a customer.
> I would wager its part of the reason so many men are going bald at younger ages than ever before.
That's pretty bullshit, as hair-loss is mainly to do with inherited genetics and that has been a well known fact since forever.

Look, if your hair is fine by not using shampoo, then do that by all means, but stop trying to encourage others to join you with myths discouraging shampoo use. Not everyone has the right hair texture to pull off no poo without their hair getting ultra greasy.

Um this map doesnt help people who live in Nunavut and want to go no poo : (

Ket means ketamine nigga

i'm in a brown spot
i'll stick this no poo thing out a while longer, but if it doesn't work out i'm just going back to shampooing every other day

'fraid can't help you there, friend. play it safe and do every other day. Really every new nopooer should do every other day. good luck bud

I think he was joking dude, water hardness is probably the last thing on the mind of someone living in Nunavut. They're too busy trying to survive and shit

i'm pretty sure every other day is the standard

yea but then gradually having more off days.

this is retarded

you people only need to apply a little bit of shampoo after having your scalp damp and moisturized. preferably combed to. and even at that you should NEVER apply products more than once bi-daily.
scrub your scalp but dont mindlessly scratch at it.
be fucking mindful that there is a layer of skin underneath all that hair, and that skin is sensitive to changes, and is also quite literally the soil of your hair.

from what I've heard: shampoo strips the hair of it's natural oils (the ones produced by your scalp) but the right amount of oil is actually great for your hair. i've doing no-poo for over two years now and it has worked for me personally, when I used shampoo my hair was really dry and a bit frizzy, but without shampoo it looks and feels a lot better and stronger. though obviously there is still maintenance. personally I shower everyday so I just rinse my hair thoroughly with water, works for me. though I have gone a few days without being able to shower and my hair became a bit itchy and too greasy.

>lmao that's their job, if they were telling you how shitty your hair looked all the time they would risk losing a customer.
thier job is to cut your hair you retard. they're not there to compliment you. I never used to get compliments on my hair when i shampoo'd it. Scrubbing your scalp with aqua along with a cocktail of other chemicals that burn your fucking eyes when you get it in them is NOT good for your hair in the long term.

>That's pretty bullshit, as hair-loss is mainly to do with inherited genetics and that has been a well known fact since forever.
no, it isnt just determined by genetics. If that were to stand then what you're saying is that more bald men have bred over the course of the last 100 years because male pattern baldness has increased throughout then. Baldness is seen as an unnattractive trait among women so this would not make sense logically. The truth is that researchers dont know why its increasing. It isnt because of an increase of male testosterone because male testosternone has actually been lowered in the last 100 years among men. It has been hypothesised that its due to increased stress over the last 100 years. But men in rural communities with significanty less stress also have increased male pattern baldness. It is a scarcely researched field but i find it suspect that male pattern baldness among men under 30 has increased steadily as shampoo has become more of a household item.

>Not everyone has the right hair texture to pull off no poo without their hair getting ultra greasy.
your scalp goes through a 1-2 month period where it overproduces oils in your hair BECAUSE SHAMPOO HAS WASHED all of them out. Once the period is over your oil secretion goes back to normal as does your hair.

>1-2 months
that's a long time homie
op here btw, that's the statistic i've been lookin for itt
not sure how to feel bow dat

>Scrubbing your scalp with aqua along with a cocktail of other chemicals that burn your fucking eyes when you get it in them is NOT good for your hair in the long term.
Surprise man but your eyes are really fucking sensitive things, they even burn when you get water in them, that doesn't mean people should stop using water to wash their hair.

>It has been hypothesised that its due to increased stress over the last 100 years. But men in rural communities with significanty less stress also have increased male pattern baldness.
People in rural communities can have even more stress than those living in urban communities a lot of the time, seeing as how unstable farming can be as a livelihood nowadays compared to hundreds of years ago, so I would say stress in modern life has a lot more to do with the rise of baldness than shampoo.

Maybe the fact that the baldness gene has been spreading further and further down each generation due to it being a dominant gene that has seen an increase in the number of people experiencing hair loss, and it will continue to rise.

>your scalp goes through a 1-2 month period where it overproduces oils in your hair BECAUSE SHAMPOO HAS WASHED all of them out.
As far as I can tell, this only happens to people that wash their hair excessively (i.e. more than three times a week) and therefore doesn't effect most users.
And my point still stands of not everyone having the right conditions to go no poo, people with very fine hair or naturally very oily scalps will just end up getting greasier hair with no benefits.

>no they don't compliment my hair so I come back and spend more money there because they're /nice/ people
Literally "How they get Ya" page 1

Is using conditioner fine? I stopped using poo and only use conditioner now but im not sure if I should keep using it

if you like your hair relaxed and flat then keep it. it does thin your hair like shampoo though

Ah shit, Burlington is on the border of hard and very hard.