Is vetements the worst brand in the world?

is vetements the worst brand in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ABQKkpN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shitty Doc ripoffs with writing on them. Wow, what fashion.

No, you just don't get it. Seriously. I know it sounds stupid but you just have to look at it and think. If you think Vetements is just a hypebeast hoodie brand, you need to open your eyes more. If you think it's just lazy, you need to look at their shows. It becomes self explanatory if you just watch.

so you're telling me you'd pay nearly 700 dollars for a pair of chinese boots with nonsense printed on the back?

vetements is a joke and you're falling for it

I never said I'm buying it. It's another aspect of the brand.

It's all about designer culture.

fuck off hypebeast

How am I a hypebeast? I own nothing from them. I just like their shows.

VĂȘtements brings nothing new to the table.
Even worse than that, every item of clothing from a collaboration they design is produced in the mainstream brands' regular sweatshops (Fila, Reebok etc).

Just buy MMM already and stop giving attention to that hyped-to-the-moon brand.

Also this. I just think Vetements is cool, but it's nothing we've haven't seen before.

i would have bought these if only they put 2 non-autistic words on it. what is this supposed to mean?

Bro LITERALLY EVERYONE understands that its a satire brand poking fun at the concept of hype/designer etc. It's just that it's not that clever. Its a hamfisted attempt to try and be artsy and edgy. Not to mention they're just turning into what they mocked in the first place.

Here I'll assist you. Buy regular docs, paint whatever words you want on them. done. Saved you a few bucks.

actually i might do that, thanks for the inspiration, i really mean it. lately i happened to get a nice patch for free and it perfectly fit on the sole of my boots but it would probably neither stick to it nor would it last long, but the white text on the black leather looked really nice. i'll just make a stencil out of paper or something and paint it on there.

im open to recommendations too

I kind of like that they mock high fashion. If I remember correctly they never design an item for longer then five minutes or so.

Which is sad that there are retarded hypebeasts who spend thousands of money on literal joke. On stuff which ridicules a wearer. It may be an okay fashion statement as a brand, but it's a fashion victimhood when worn because wearer didn't udnerstand the idea and philosophy behind what he wears.

>it's a fashion victimhood when worn because wearer didn't udnerstand the idea and philosophy behind what he wears.
You are a fucking retard

You say wearing Vetements isn't fashion victimhood?

t. hypebeast

would buy this desu

Same

not the guy you responded but yea but some hypebeasts redditors above don't get it. and I agree with their target shift.

Claiming some high ground on fashion for understandng philosophy is the definition of pretention
I have more respect for that hypebeast that wears supreme shit just because he thinks it looks cool is than pretentious faggots like you

except they don't even legitimately think it looks cool, they just desperately want to look like they're in the know and think they're showing off their fashion expertise while in reality they're just making fools of themselves

>navy
ruined

Your not supposed to buy it you pleb, your supposed to look at their shows and appreciate it

Vetements, off white, vlone, antisocialsocialclub are all jokes that profit off retarded teens who buy stuff that they see kanye, a$ap rocky and kpop boipussi gooks wear. its fucking embarassing.

Lol Rick-ripoff.
I can't have respect for someone who pays 600$ for made-in-China oversized hoodie with edgy print. Even more so when person unironically thinks wearing it looks good.

This. Designers show how cool could be boring thing if you just put couple of words on them, but many people are too lazy stupid and rich to make DIY stuff

>they don't even legitimately think it looks cool
Yeah, claiming you know why people like certain things isn't luckily pretentious at all either

The problem with vetements is the same problem modern art has. It takes no artistic skill what so over and in reality it is quite ugly and the idea behind the art is quite shallow. Wow designer culture is bullshit? Any smart person would come to that conclusion, not think much about it and continue on with there lives. But being pretentious fuckwads, vetements thinks they are cutting edge with this idea but really they arent, and it just comes off as a cringe to anyone with and iq over 100

theyre pretty bad and overpriced if you ask me

>modern art
>no artistic skill
opinion discarded you are actually retarded and have no idea what you are talking about

It's either vetements or off white.

>i literally don't follow any art field and just talk out of my ass because impressionable teenagers on this board don't either and will hopefully take whatever I say as truth
shut the fuck up and leave this board, maybe read some books on art and fashion and come back when you have something worthwhile to say before posting again

Veronica Saori Wohlin

you'd pay 700 dollars for a pair of doc martens?

>3 grand for a foreskin costume

i actually thought these are like 200. pretty sure i saw them for that price once. still too high actually. but it has words on it

I blogged about having the Borderline pd about an years ago. never knew that it would become fashionable. Bpd is the closest you come to being medically evil.

like it or not, vetements is arguably THE brand of the 2010s

It's a thinking man's brand. It's not for kids.

>oversized clothing overlaid with pop culture references or basic texts.
>thinking

granted they do have some good looking pieces, it is mostly just some overpriced garbage that attracts juvenile, pimply teens who all have a political opinions about donald trump who they discovered on vine and instagram.

>Lol Rick-ripoff.
literally nothing rick about that aside the particular model being black, try again

>oversized clothing overlaid with pop culture references or basic texts.
If you think this is what vetements is you are seriously fucking out of touch
And I don't even like vetements

Why is everyone that's shitting on vetements itt completely wrong and retarded?

Tell me more about it.
Here is my post Also why does this thread still get bumped?
sage goes in the options field

Vetements is the most meta and satirical brand currently available. I would never buy any of their real clothes - I stick to fakes - but I love watching their runway shows and their periodic releases.

He's clearly saying about "performance art" which is really don't require any professional skills. It's the dumbest form of "art" and sadly it's the most discussed one due to it's pretencious edgy character which make lots of retarded libtards, fem activists and other human waste get attracted and inspired to do their own acts afterwards. You can see a parallel with vetements now.

>He's clearly saying about "performance art"
no he clearly is speaking about modern art because that is literally what he wrote you numbskull and even then
>He's clearly saying about "performance art" which is really don't require any professional skills. It's the dumbest form of "art"
This is so fucking retarded thing to say I can't believe you took the time to write it down. Fashion runaways are basically performance art.
>sadly it's the most discussed one
It literally fucking isn't in any context whatsoever in real life I don't know where you keep pulling these arguments.

Vetements Discord: discord.gg/ABQKkpN

People go on and on about how 'meta' and 'satirical' vetemonts is but no one ever actually backs that up with anything

You guys realize that it's okay to just not like something right?

Yes, but fake vetements is bad ass and edgy

For their ss17 they did collabs with 17 different brands or something
It's so on the nose it's silly you even question it isn't satirical

I fucking hated them at first and just shrugged them off as hypebeast peasantry but for some reason now I really want one of their polizei hoodies or a may the bridges hoodie. Also if you complain about the price please fuck off you poorcuck honestly fucking nobody cares.

have you studied art or are you speaking out of your ass?

>Fashion runaways are basically performance art.
Fashion runaways are basically fashion runaways. They demonstrate clothes.
I really hate attempts of faggots like rick owens to turn fashion shows into circus.

I have a degree in social science, art school diploma, and I work as a graphic designer/illustratior for like 8 years or so.
Art is difficult to measure with the standart value of "good/bad", it has no strong rational base as the design.
I mean if the design is functional, practical, comfortable, clean and fresh, then it's good, that's simple, there is a strong criteria to measure. But I can't do that with something claimed as "art", because if I say "it's shit" you can always reply "you just don't get it". That is a huge cover for all the pretentious, talentless and lazy faggots.

>Fashion runaways are basically fashion runaways. They demonstrate clothes.
You do realize that this doesn't actually argue against what I said right?
Runways are performance art.
>I really hate attempts of faggots like rick owens to turn fashion shows into circus.
The fact that you are blaming Rick for changing up the runway format (fucking lol) just shows that you don't know the first fucking thing about runway shows either. Really why do you even insist on keeping 'arguing', you aren't saying anything and the fact that you are pulling things from your ass and don't know the first thing just is more apparent after each post.

Kill yourself.

Telling me everyone who buys this shit is 'in' on it?
gtfoh prick.

this.
in fact almost all fashion come down to this, trends I should say.

starting rebuttals with a sarcastic 'yeah' isnt in the slightest pretentious

> Runways are performance art.
It's like saying auto shows like NAIAS are performance art too, there are female models, there are dramatic lights, there are music.

Vetements is god tier compared to the chinese meme brand that is Off White

Instead of making retarded analogies why don't you tell me exactly why runways aren't performance art

>Telling me everyone who buys this shit is 'in' on it?
No, stop putting words in my mouth.
People just wear it cause it looks cool to them. There are no 'higher reasons' to wear something, you wear it cause it's hype and hot now? Cool. You wear it cause you are head in your ass deep in philosophy of the brand? Equally cool.

Becaude they are not declared as such.

>they are not declared as such
you dumb fuck
that makes no sense
who has the authority to declare them as such? why do you even need to declare them as such?

fake polizei 60 aud, was probably made in a sweatshop 5 mins from where the originals are made

it's nice as fuck, stacks well at the arms, it's warm, heavy, and feels well made. i'd never pay full price for their pieces but i think most vetements stuff is nicer than 80% of the dominant brands rn

pleb

lol you probably wear vlone x offwhite go away

Make it digitally, look for a stencil font if you suck at it. Print it out, cut the letters out, cut the stencil in a small rectangular shape and make sure the space left on the bottom is the amount of space you want between the words and the sole. Cut a hole in a plastic bag and tape your stencil in so you wont get paint all over your shoes. Go outside, line up the bottom of the stencil with the top of the sole, briefly spray white spraypaint on it and let it dry a minute before removing the stencil, so excess paint wont start running. Remove stencil and use a razorblade clean up outlines if you fucked up. Post result in diy and get laughed at.

Good luck.

>Fashion runaways are basically fashion runaways. They demonstrate clothes.
What are you even doing on this board?
Have you seen a single runway show?
Do you know how runway shows work?
Do you know why models walk outrageous pieces on runway shows?
Do you know why they have themes and motives?

How fucking retarded can one person be?

Nah you don't get it
Losing face on anonymous imageboard is the worst thing ever so you have to keep arguing even if you realize you are wrong

I know you're right, it's still fucking infuriating

>Lol Rick-ripoff.

please leave

>Also this. I just think Vetements is cool, but it's nothing we've haven't seen before.

hey retard, nothing in fashion is new

god this board is fucking stupid, vetements isn't a joke brand, demna isn't having a laugh, yes his prices are high, sorry you're poor

it's in vogue, it sends a message, it has people talking

it's probably one of the most important brands right now

"art" became "art" if it's declared as such. Otherwise anybody can label random pile of shit as an art installation, or label a dolphin painting project as art (which is fucking not).

>if it's declared as such.
By who? Who has the authority?
Why is it that you have the authority to claim that is what makes something art?

> By who?
BY THE FUCKING CREATOR

So cave paintings aren't art because we never had the authority of the creators to tell us that is what they are?
All the dead artists who only became famous after their dead didn't actually create art because we never get to asked them?
Your logic is flawed to say the least, try again.

You do realize that most fashion designers would label the shows as art in themself right?

Not even guy you're responding to, but fuck, you're retarded.

How?
It's dumb fucking logic that the creator dictates if something is art for many reasons, those are just the most obvious glaring holes in the logic.
What about something like skateboarding, some claim it's art some claim it's not.

> skateboarding
> art
damn you are really retarded.

I'm not saying that
I'm saying some skateboarders are saying that, some don't agree.
The logic is dumb as fuck and doesn't hold water.
Feel free to actually say something instead of repeating the word retarded though

> The logic is dumb as fuck
please go debate with the art critics who came to agreement on this thesis

> instead of repeating the word retarded
I'm not

Link me to it man, interested to read about this.

Youre a fucking dumbass lol

>it sends a message
what message is it sending exactly?

Do tell why

this was the peak

I like to pretend that the art of Vetements is not the objects they create, but the public reaction. Someone who was well connected and in the perfect spot to plant a seed decided to mess around with low effort high return art. It's so post-modern in that it generates massive amount of buzz/income from very little visible effort. Maybe they had spent hundreds, or thousands of hours thinking and deciding what dumb little graphic or quirk would be the most divisive or whatever. That is the part that makes me feel weird and uncomfortable and when I see Vetements irl I am drawn to wonder what lead the person to buy that piece, more than any other designer.

That's what it thrives on at least. But then it's highly successful, people buy it and like it. In a way I feel like it's the same crowd (or attitude? state of mind?) that buys ASSC shit, it's loud ass print basically boasting that you are a fucking psychopath, you take part in anti social behavior yet here you are rocking a expensive ass print, printed on cheapest blanks, that you know because hype and social media presence, in the hottest streetwear crowd color.
Not to mention 'anti-social' is literally psychopath, it's not about being shy and asocial, it's legit being fucked in the head, breaking the law, breaking social norms being normal etc.
I don't know if it's that post-modern as it is post-ironic at least but then I can see why that would resonate with people at this time, everything is about irony or post-irony. Depression memes are the hottest shit right now, wearing this in that context is probably cool as hell.

I like Vetements because of how its impacted a rather niche corner of pop culture. I call it post-modern in that its a brand with a deconstructionist vibe in general but more specifically because it forgoes all precedent of how a commercial entity engages the public/presents itself to the public. Very raw and visceral. I think its also the perfect cultural political climate to explore such concepts. we live in a weird late stage capitalist super transparent dystopian future.

it's okay, aw17 kinda sucked though

>hypebeast that wears supreme shit just because he thinks it looks cool
by definition he wears it because it's hyped up and they have no fashion sense, not because they think it looks good
dumbass hypebeast retard

Man where do all these people who can read the minds of people they have never even meat come to this board?
You oughta be a on TV or something and be rich as fuck with those psychic abilities

it's not hard to see that hypebeasts have no sense of fashion you fucking moron
retards like you come to Veeky Forums in full bape and shit fits and can't answer even the most basic of fashion questions
fuck off, you're the cancer killing Veeky Forums

>have no sense of fashion
According to you
And no need to project on me m8 I'm not about that streetwear cred

>duuuude, it's all just like subjective anyway, like even wearing illfitting clothes from target looks good

>dude I'm the ultimate judge of what is fashionable and what's not and that's that, you are wrong because I say so